Speculation: Harkins vs Vesalainen

Who is going to have a better NHL career?

• Total voters

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
We'll see if this is the type of scenario where a young guy can get a look due to injury, run with it, and force his way into a permanent spot

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I really like Harkins but I just see Flags should be turned on before SKUs are changed to “A” or “M” status's ceiling as higher - I think Harkins is more of a safe bet to become a solid NHL'er, but Vesalainen could be a high impact guy.

You might be right -
I'd like to see Ves become our dime store Laine - he might have the hardest shot on the team right know but needs time and room to use it.
Wheels and Stas' might be the type of guys that can help him with that.

Reactions: Nedarb

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
You might be right -
I'd like to see Ves become our dime store Laine - he might have the hardest shot on the team right know but needs time and room to use it.
Wheels and Stas' might be the type of guys that can help him with that.
Ehlers has a harder shot.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Ehlers has a harder shot.

Nik has a great shot arsenal and can definitely wire it.

Vesalainen isn't on Laine's level but he is a top-end shooter of the puck. In one of the Liga games earlier this year they had a chyron up tracking the speed for one of his shots/ goals and a stat-sheet after and it was pretty damn fast. Will see if I can find it. He's definitely had a few for the Moose that just flew.

EDIT: Here's a cap. It was a @Whileee post (FWIW, Sbisa won the Jets' Skills Comp hardest shot contest with one at this speed):

upload_2020-10-30_15-36-13-png.374863

Last edited:

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I think it depends if Harkins gets a shot in the middle or not. Not sure his speed is enough to play wing consistently on a scoring line, but I think the hands and IQ are there to play centre in the bottom six.

Vesalainen needs a middle six spot and he’ll have to find consistency to stay in the NHL. He’s a better skater.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Harkins is really interesting.

Voted for him.

Is it only me or does Vesalainen kinda remind anyone else of Magnus Arvedson of the Sens?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad