Value of: Hanifin to Habs at the trade deadline

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Two things that are certain in life:
1. I will need easy access to a bathroom 6-12 hours after eating at Popeyes
2. Habs fans overrating their own regular prospects

Habs overrating prospects is old news bud. We actually have good trending prospects but you will never come to grips with that. You think it's still 2015

* Guhle can become a Hanifin. Is that overrating him?

* Norlinder, Struble, Harris are all good tending prospects. I would have all 3 as B+ types.

What specific statement in my post or any other Habs post indicates they are overrated? Can you provide objective evidence without a twisting narrative? I have my doubts on that

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Not even the biggest HaniFAN but to consider moving him it'd have to be an offer that blows us away. There's no offers in this thread that do that.

Good young dman that is starting to realize some of his potential on a quality contract. You don't give those away.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Your quote... "I don't see the Flames moving any of Andersson, Hanifin, Valimaki, or Tanev, unless a bonafide 1st line forward is in the mix, preferably a #1 centre"

So the price is substantial pry away value or you keep him. You get to keep him! He's solid and hey, maybe he busts out in his age 25-30 years. It's possible

Is in the mix for a first line forward, preferably a #1 centre...is different than saying this player is worth a #1 centre....you need to work on reading comprehension.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Is in the mix for a first line forward, preferably a #1 centre...is different than saying this player is worth a #1 centre....you need to work on reading comprehension.

"In the mix". What crazy mix you adding to get a #1C if you try to use Hanifin in your mix? :laugh:

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Habs overrating prospects is old news bud. We actually have good trending prospects but you will never come to grips with that. You think it's still 2015

* Guhle can become a Hanifin. Is that overrating him?

* Norlinder, Struble, Harris are all good tending prospects. I would have all 3 as B+ types.

What specific statement in my post or any other Habs post indicates they are overrated? Can you provide objective evidence without a twisting narrative? I have my doubts on that
There are two leagues I know very well. The WHL and US College hockey.

Guhle definitely can become Hanifin. Not a stretch at all IMO. He defends very well, is physical, good gap control, can move the puck. I really like Guhle, he has top pairing potential and a middle pairing floor IMO.

Struble will never play. I don't know where the desire to equate Struble and Harris comes from. They aren't close to the same player. Harris will play, but not at a Hanifin/Guhle level. Struble doesn't do anything at an NHL level except for playing the body. He straight up can't defend at the college level and doesn't bring enough offensively to mitigate that. If you have them both at the same level you haven't watched either player much. Can't speak to Norlinder as I haven't seen him play much.

Saying all that, players can improve and I suppose it's possible Struble takes a big jump and gets there, but he certainly isn't on an NHL trajectory now. Harris likely won't sign in MTL. He's committed to his senior season and we know what that usually means.

Reactions: Nightrain

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
Harris (he will sign) and Guhle will be Habs for years to come. Help on LD is urgent but Hanifin would probably cost too much.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Youre not getting the best player out of the NHL for Hanifin, you'd have to add.

With that said, youre probably right, its not enough as an offer, especially considering the cap dump that is Byron, my mistake.

What if its Tatar as a dump instead of Byron

Byfield is in this deal? Oh wow yeah sure I'd take him without a cap dump with ease.
Tatar is yet another expensive cap dump, he costs almost 5M, even though it's just the season, it's not helpful to us, you need us to take cap back then you'll also have to pay for that, idek who'd interest me on your current squad for Hanifin.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Youre not getting the best player out of the NHL for Hanifin, you'd have to add.

With that said, youre probably right, its not enough as an offer, especially considering the cap dump that is Byron, my mistake.

What if its Tatar as a dump instead of Byron?

Guhle is much better than Pelletier
Lucic is much worse than Byron
Suzuki holds more value than Hanifin

Bye

Lol. Love how he starts the post off with describing the Habs prospect, Caufield, as the best player outside the NHL....You know you're about to get a fair and balanced assessment of value when...

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
That'd be my offer also.

1st + B prospect + #5-6 d-man on a 1year contract

Hard pass zero interest in a package like that. Hanifin isn't the problem, is young and really coming into his own. He's a piece that the Flames keep unless an offer blows their socks off, and this don't do that.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown

What if its Tatar as a dump instead of Byron?

Guhle is much better than Pelletier
Lucic is much worse than Byron
Suzuki holds more value than Hanifin

Bye

Lmao he is not the best player outside the nhl

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Hard pass zero interest in a package like that. Hanifin isn't the problem, is young and really coming into his own. He's a piece that the Flames keep unless an offer blows their socks off, and this don't do that.

As mentionned. In 3 years, Guhle will be a top4D on his ELC, Hanifin will be UFA and prob asking around 8M+ a year. Habs a not a Hanifin away from contention

Bond

May 10, 2012
As mentionned. In 3 years, Guhle will be a top4D on his ELC, Hanifin will be UFA and prob asking around 8M+ a year. Habs a not a Hanifin away from contention
Can you give me the lotto numbers? Guhle is more likely to be in the AHL than a top pairing D in 3 years.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Can you give me the lotto numbers?

I do not need loto tickets to see Guhle has the talent, the tools, and the poise to become a top pairing d-man at the NHL level. he was te best dman on the Rocket squat at age 18

Bond

May 10, 2012
Seet
I do not need loto tickets to see Guhle has the talent, the tools, and the poise to become a top pairing d-man at the NHL level. he was te best dman on the Rocket squat at age 18
I am glad the Flames have a first line center in Zary then. Killed his short stint in the AHL lol

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Seet

I am glad the Flames have a first line center in Zary then. Killed his short stint in the AHL lol

Guhle
Zary

It's easy for forwards to pruduce at the next level, lot harder for 18yo Dman to look like veterans

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Hes very similar to nurse just wait a little longer and he might reach his potential no need to throw away a player like him when Calgary is in such disarray.

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
I wouldn’t be dealing him if I’m Calgary. They have other guys they should be looking to move if they wanna retool.

if they were to make a deal here though you would have to think it would start with one of Montreal’s good d prospects , a first round pick and a roster player for a cap dump.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad