Speculation: Hall back to EDM

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
Why wouldn’t the oilers just aim at Rakell if they were going to go for hall?

Get 2 years at a good cap hit. Ducks might actually consider taking back cap as they arnt really trying to win

Rakell hasn't scored more than 18 goals in the last 3 years.

Why would EDM want another forward whose on the decline (i.e. lucic, neal, etc)

Stop trying to trade Rakell to everyone ... LOL .... Apparently some ducks fan think that Rakell is worth 2 1st round picks.

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
If Hall isn't going to sign with the Sabres.

They have to trade him, it's not like they're going to make the playoffs this year.

How much value does Hall even have right now?
Hall was getting to play with Eichel this year, and, mustered up 16 points in 28 games.

Is someone going to overpay for him? I don't think so.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016

They have to trade him, it's not like they're going to make the playoffs this year.

Hall was getting to play with Eichel this year, and, mustered up 16 points in 28 games.

Doesn't Hall also have a NMC? He can control where he goes...

Reactions: YP44

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Idk I think you have to take any sort of stat line that any of these guys put up with a grain of salt, considering their downright dunce of a former coach.

Hall's not suddenly a bad player all of a sudden, Krueger was just a moron coach that was tanking the production of their top-6.

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
Idk I think you have to take any sort of stat line that any of these guys put up with a grain of salt, considering their downright dunce of a former coach.

Hall's not suddenly a bad player all of a sudden, Krueger was just a moron coach that was tanking the production of their top-6.

Doesn't matter what coach you have.

If you are Taylor Hall playing with a top 10 player in the NHL.
How do you only put up 16 points in 28 games.

He's playing with Jack Eichel. Not some bum.

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
Doesn't Hall also have a NMC? He can control where he goes...

But if he isn't going to sign with them.
They have to trade him (from an organizational POV). It doesn't matter if he has a NMC, they have to make him waive it.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Doesn't matter what coach you have.

If you are Taylor Hall playing with a top 10 player in the NHL.
How do you only put up 16 points in 28 games.

He's playing with Jack Eichel. Not some bum.

Crosby had 19 points in 28 games while playing under Mike Johnston in 2015 before he got fired, did he suck all of a sudden too?

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
Crosby had 19 points in 28 games while playing under Mike Johnston in 2015 before he got fired, did he suck all of a sudden too?

Hall is turning 30 soon.
I don't know if I would overpay for a guy that is mustering up 0.5ppg this season, while playing along side a top 10 NHL forward.
And, he's a half season rental as well.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Id gladly take him back. Something like 4 years * 6 mil. He would likely need to take a bit less to make the cap work, but playing with McDavid would more than make up for it

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Id gladly take him back. Something like 4 years * 6 mil. He would likely need to take a bit less to make the cap work, but playing with McDavid would more than make up for it

The better option is to play him with Drai. He didn't mesh well with McDavid the first time around, but had great chemistry with Drai. Run with this top 6:

RNH-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Hall-Drai-Yamo

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Stop trying to trade Rakell to everyone ... LOL .... Apparently some ducks fan think that Rakell is worth 2 1st round picks.
LOL did you compare Rakell to lucic and Neal? And the reason why Rakells name comes up in a lot of trade threads is because he’s got a cheap contract that can be retained down to 1.9, and signed an extra year.

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
LOL did you compare Rakell to lucic and Neal? And the reason why Rakells name comes up in a lot of trade threads is because he’s got a cheap contract that can be retained down to 1.9, and signed an extra year.

Rakell is a 2nd line winger at best currently.
If you think otherwise, you're delusional.

Guy hasn't cracked over 18 goals in the last 3 years. Give me a break.
Ducks fans think he's work 2 first round picks.

God, some people must be smoking crack.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

Oh my lord, what a bad take. Rakell is not comparable to Lucic or Neal. That's not the player he is. He's a top six winger on a team friendly deal. The others are cap dumps, paid like top line wingers but should be played on a bottom pair or left in the press box.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Seriously? That would be hilariously full-circle.
Now they just need to bring back Eberle and Petry, and heck, see what Yakupov's up to these days.

You’d be hard pressed to find an Oil fan that wouldn’t be more than happy with Petry returning. We hated when management moved him and all he’s done each year is elevate his game into a top D man

Reactions: TFHockey

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Rakell is a 2nd line winger at best currently.
If you think otherwise, you're delusional.

Guy hasn't cracked over 18 goals in the last 3 years. Give me a break.
Ducks fans think he's work 2 first round picks.

God, some people must be smoking crack.
Didn’t mention anything bout 2 first picks and your here having a mental breakdown.

this year is currently in play so 3 years ago he had 30+, been 50 point producer every year since, despite having no centers to play off. Ducks dont have a top line, and lack any real top 6 players outside of Rakell..... but I’m sure if you put him in that position he’ll be more than fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad