Post-Game Talk: Habs tanking ways no matssss against Pen Firepower, Lose 5-3 -- Jaffy Rises Yet Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I really enjoyed that. I don't think she has what most consumers would consider a fantastic voice, and yet it was very powerful and hauntingly beautiful. I want to hear more. Thanks for sharing.
GREAT SONG!!!!!!!!

Her voice is great, that entire song was great, the instruments were great, you just don't hear that on the radio anymore.....I'm downloading it for sure!

Good find R77

Love her humming at the end, a little like the Boss would do or Sheriff.....just a well put together tune

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
A new doctored-up version of the pic Jaffy sent me.

26hsrz.jpg

I still dont believe it.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Guys don't give up yet! I think there's still an outside chance for us.

Columbus? Forget about it....
NJ? Forget about it....

Both teams are trending up and are gonna finish above 90 points. We're not catching them.
Florida? Well - we can possibly catch them. 50/50 shot, depending on how good/bad they end up. But they're in 9th place, so that doesn't help us.

But I found a workaround!

Philadelphia! They're in the middle of their yearly 15 game lose streak. They're at 81 points now, but i figure they finish with 83 points MAX on the year. If we win 10 of our last 11 games, we're at 84 points and make the playoffs.

It's not 100% - because we still need to hope FLA stumbles. So I figure as of this morning, we have roughly 50% chance at making the playoffs - it's all contingent on what FLA does.

And Best news yet - Price is going to be back soon. So once in there - who knows what can happen?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

NJ? Forget about it....

Both teams are trending up and are gonna finish above 90 points. We're not catching them.
Florida? Well - we can possibly catch them. 50/50 shot, depending on how good/bad they end up. But they're in 9th place, so that doesn't help us.

Philadelphia! They're in the middle of their yearly 15 game lose streak. They're at 81 points now, but i figure they finish with 83 points MAX on the year. If we win 10 of our last 11 games, we're at 84 points and make the playoffs.

It's not 100% - because we still need to hope FLA stumbles. So I figure as of this morning, we have roughly 50% chance at making the playoffs - it's all contingent on what FLA does.

And Best news yet - Price is going to be back soon. So once in there - who knows what can happen?

just stop.

Reactions: Peanut and PhysicX

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

NJ? Forget about it....

We miss so many players, what's the point? Season's over, send Price and Shaw back home, play the kids and go from there.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
**** always happens, lol.

By the way, may I indulge you into listening to this artist -- I just heard her closing out The Late Show -- what a powerful song, the melody is like they used to make them in the 70s, it just draws you in. I had never heard of her before. Her name reminds me of Randy Carlyle -- it's Brandi Carlisle. The song is "The Joke".

Here she is performing it at the Jimmy Kimmel show in January:

The Joke (Brandi Carlile)
You're feeling nervous, aren't you, boy?
With your quiet voice and impeccable style
Don't ever let them steal your joy
And your gentle ways, to keep 'em from running wild
They can kick dirt in your face
Dress you down, and tell you that your place
Is in the middle, when they hate the way you shine
I see you tugging on your shirt
Trying to hide inside of it and hide how much it hurts

Let 'em live while they can
Let 'em spin, let 'em scatter in the wind
I have been to the movies, I've seen how it ends
And the joke's on them

You get discouraged, don't you, girl?
It's your brother's world for a while longer
We gotta dance with the devil on a river
To beat the stream
Call it living the dream, call it kicking the ladder
They come to kick dirt in your face
To call you weak and then displace you
After carrying your baby on your back across the desert
I saw your eyes behind your hair
And you're looking tired, but you don't look scared

And the joke's on them

And the joke's on them

Highly talented singer/songwriter. Great find R77. Although far from what I listen to on most days (techno and a couple of other forms of non-commercial EDM music), I enjoy a wide range of music genres. That song was great.

Reactions: Runner77

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

So faceoffs are the make or break stat for centers?

I think it was on the 4th Pen goal, your boy wonder was lost in his own zone covering no one and Alzner had to skate towards the shooter and abandon his defensive position leaving Juulsen to cover two players while Drouin just watched him try to do it.

Having said that, the Messiah has shown some enthusiasm for the game of hockey the past week or so. Not enough to make him a center though.

Reactions: Peanut

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

NJ? Forget about it....

This line between this and trolling could only be sincerity.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
So faceoffs are the make or break stat for centers?

I think it was on the 4th Pen goal, your boy wonder was lost in his own zone covering no one and Alzner had to skate towards the shooter and abandon his defensive position leaving Juulsen to cover two players while Drouin watched him try to do it.

Having said that, the Messiah has shown some enthusiasm for the game of hockey the past week or so. Not enough to make him a center.

I mean, he's learning, you even saw him with an IPad looking at his misassignement right after that goal...

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I mean, he's learning, you even saw him with an IPad looking at his misassignement right after that goal...
Funny, that's a change of policy. When it came to Galchenyuk, the word was the NHL is not a developmental league. The Habs will never win anything if Drouin is at center no matter how many games he plays on his IPad.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Thoughts on the game but I misse dthe first and only saw half of the second all of the third period.

I was entertained. Antitank Nams did a good game. The young guys and holy shit... I almost lost my mind when I actually saw them using..... get this..... their speed to generate offense. OMG WHAT A NOVEL concept.

Habs looked really fast and actually played some good hockey. Our D core is still so very bad, but I was entertained. Chucky is playing very very well right now, I even liked most of drouins play. He actually looked into the game.

It might actually be that now that droin is playing with some faster players instead of the ghost, he actually has to hustle to play or look like a total twat. Freed of the boat anchor that is known as max and pleks, the team looked good.

seriously, I want max traded so badly it hurts.
Between him and pleks, the number of plays that die on the end of those hockey sticks is staggering.

Best possible outcome of the game. Kids played a great game, I was entertained and yet they still lost to help the tank.:thumbu::thumbu:

It was honestly so nice to actually enjoy the game rather then pounding the keys on the computer with you guys. Nothing against you guys but when the hockey sucks I take to the boards. The game was entertaining enough that I watched it rather then typed..... which has been rare this year.

@76ftw See I can be positive sometimes!!!!!

Reactions: David Suzuki

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Funny, that's a change of policy. When it came to Galchenyuk, the word was the NHL is not a developmental league. The Habs will never win anything if Drouin is at center no matter how many games he plays on his IPad.
No it's not funny, and there's no change of policy.

I was not yelling at Chucky after 50 games that he sucks defensively and that he would never be a center... The double standards are just overwhelming tbh...

Chucky got a lot more ice time at center than Drouin did under this regime but somehow one sucks and the other one is a center! :facepalm:

Reactions: WinterLion

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
No it's not funny, and there's no change of policy.

I was not yelling at Chucky after 50 games that he sucks defensively and that he would never be a center... The double standards are just overwhelming tbh...

Chucky got a lot more ice time at center than Drouin did under this regime but somehow one sucks and the other one is a center! :facepalm:

This is true. I honestly don't see what the big deal is. Drouin is playing really good hockey at C finally and Galchenyuk is playing his best hockey ever at wing... can't we just be happy? Ok... happy-ish?

Reactions: Belial
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad