Post-Game Talk: Habs tanking ways no matssss against Pen Firepower, Lose 5-3 -- Jaffy Rises Yet Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I can’t accept it because I’ve been watching a team with no center depth for far too long. This year has just been painful. The reason it bugs me is there’s a player on our team right now that makes me think it doesn’t have to be this bad. If they actually address this issue, I will be able to move past this mismanagement of this player. But they need to do something. How many years of piss poor center depth, which is the most important position in the game do we have to go threw.

25 years of this and counting. They've traded two major assets during Bergevin's tenure and didn't do it. If they don't do it by this summer, I don't know what they're thinking, especially that no Cup winner has made it without a strong center line.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I did. If you don't want to read the article with the data in it, then I'm not sure why your complaining. If you don't want to read articles, then feel free to get the info from here Tape to Tape Tracker.

For someone who said "Galchenyuk is better in every metric" despite not actually backing up that claim, you seem pretty gung ho on other people backing their far more subtle statements up. You disagree with the notion that Drouin is among the better playmakers in the NHL?
Yes I do.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Anywhere from 1-3 hours after the games, usually.

I remember using it while on vacation in January. I'd get back to my room after supper and what have you and eventually remember that the Habs were losing playing that day and pull up the highlights.

What I really like about the highlights they select is that they don't only show scoring plays. Nice find.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I did. If you don't want to read the article with the data in it, then I'm not sure why your complaining. If you don't want to read articles, then feel free to get the info from here Tape to Tape Tracker.

For someone who said "Galchenyuk is better in every metric" despite not actually backing up that claim, you seem pretty gung ho on other people backing their far more subtle statements up. You disagree with the notion that Drouin is among the better playmakers in the NHL?

KK, you made me read through that biased POS article and nowhere does it even states any number for Drouin's playmaking.

Basically this article says that Drouin is worst than Galchenyuk defnesively and that he produces similar numbers to Galchenyuk offensively and he's good on the powerplay.

Also, with a lot of transparency, Martin Lemay, overall cool dude that came out of nowhere, who's not actually a journalist or someone close to the NHL or even the Q or wtv, casts shade on Galchenyuk by saying "Yeah Drouin is bad but it's cause he played with Galchenyuk for a long time."

Damn right, thats a piece of work.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
KK, you made me read through that biased POS article and nowhere does it even states any number for Drouin's playmaking.

Basically this article says that Drouin is worst than Galchenyuk defnesively and that he produces similar numbers to Galchenyuk offensively and he's good on the powerplay.

Also, with a lot of transparency, Martin Lemay, overall cool dude that came out of nowhere, who's not actually a journalist or someone close to the NHL or even the Q or wtv, casts shade on Galchenyuk by saying "Yeah Drouin is bad but it's cause he played with Galchenyuk for a long time."

Damn right, thats a piece of work.

Même si les résultats ne sont pas au rendez-vous, Drouin se classe deuxième chez le Canadien quant à son implication à l’égard des chances de marquer générées à égalité numérique. Seul Brendan Gallagher fait mieux chez le Tricolore à ce chapitre, alors que Drouin et Alex Galchenyuk sont pratiquement ex aequo, créant respectivement 7,3 et 7,28 chances de marquer pour 20 minutes de jeu cette saison. Ces deux moyennes sont bien en deçà des 9,03 enregistrées par Gallagher, mais ce sont des données offensives très respectables au niveau de la LNH.

And while Drouin doesn't face heavy defensive competition, Galchenyuk is more sheltered than him to a significant degree.

But man, sorry for making you read. How about you make me read and back up how Galchenyuk is better than Drouin in every metric. I didn't know that basically saying that different players have different strengths was such an awful take.

Also, I have no idea what you mean by WTV, so I'm not sure why you keep raising it.

Reactions: admiralcadillac

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
And while Drouin doesn't face heavy defensive competition, Galchenyuk is more sheltered than him to a significant degree.

But man, sorry for making you read. How about you make me read and back up how Galchenyuk is better than Drouin in every metric. I didn't know that basically saying that different players have different strengths was such an awful take.

Also, I have no idea what you mean by WTV, so I'm not sure why you keep raising it.

Whatever.

Also, thats not exactly "Drouin is one of the best playmaker in the league" now, is it? Furthermore, considering Gallagher is ahead of him by a good margin and Galchenyuk is just behind him by like nothing, its quite a claim to make.

Interpretation of advanced statistics is tough man, you have to have a really good head to be good at it.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Whatever.

Also, thats not exactly "Drouin is one of the best playmaker in the league" now, is it? Furthermore, considering Gallagher is ahead of him by a good margin and Galchenyuk is just behind him by like nothing, its quite a claim to make.

Interpretation of advanced statistics is tough man, you have to have a really good head to be good at it.

I didn't say that he was one of the best playmakers in the league. I said [paraphrasing] he's a fantastic playmaker. And being behind Gallagher isn't a bad thing. Gallagher's elite.

And I agree that interpretation of advanced stats isn't easy. Which is why saying that Galchenyuk is better than Drouin in every metric is crazy.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Whatever.

You're not only not answering, you're deliberately debasing other people's arguments to justify what you're saying

Reactions: Redux91

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

I dont know.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Its not made up. Drouin sets up teammates in scoring positions for scoring opportunities at higher rate than most guys in the NHL. He's legitimately fantastic in that regard. There's other stuff he does better than Galchenyuk too. I think Galchenyuk is better suited at center to Drouin for a variety of reasons, but saying Glachenyuk is better than Drouin in every way is being unfair to Drouin (ignores things he does well) and Galchenyuk (sets him as better than he actually is).

They're both talented but flawed players that haven't been managed (or utilized) very well by the Habs.

Ill give you the benefit of the doubt, maybe you just have a bad memory.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Its not made up. Drouin sets up teammates in scoring positions for scoring opportunities at higher rate than most guys in the NHL. He's legitimately fantastic in that regard.

I didn't say that he was one of the best playmakers in the league. I said [paraphrasing] he's a fantastic playmaker. And being behind Gallagher isn't a bad thing. Gallagher's elite.
Define most to me? One of the best? Fantastic is how much better than amazing, and where is it in relation to incredible. And in that regard how much better is he than chuck who was a PPG last season before injury?
We saw Chuck being a beast playmaker when he had radulov and patches. Or does that not count because he wasn't playing his "natural position" as a winger.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
14 points in 17 games, actually.

Or those 53 points in 73 games last season.

But you know, you made up your mind already. Showed nothing in this league, I tell ya.

Drouin is somewhere in the middle between what he did in Tampa on a high octane offensive team and what he's done in Montreal on a dismal offensive team. At least he's gotten the best opportunities available in this goal scoring wasteland. Only Pacioretty can claim the same advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad