Confirmed with Link: Habs Sign Jake Evans 2 year contract

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I hope he pans out but I have doubts. Everything the Habs touch these days turns to shit so I am not holding out much hope.

E82

Feb 3, 2015
Doubt his play translates over to the NHL. I'll try remain optimistic though.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Is this 7th rounder playing for Notre Dame in the NCAA supposed to be some sort of miracle saviour ... seriously, people are grasping at straws.

Reactions: Zorba and Tyson

AcadiaAxeMan

Mar 10, 2002
Grande Prairie, AB
Visit site
Another prospect with potential that we may/may not develop ..... I like Timmins, it’s what we do with them after drafting that needs to change! AHL and development people need to be better #FireLefebvre! Mr Fashion “Bergy” is on thin ice (and hair sculpting budget)....

Trade Pacs for assets (only cause Gallagher needs to BE the CAPTAIN) and he said he won’t return, if not; (Thomas STL. sounds good to me +)

Draft the best player available with our pick at 4-7 and trade up, if a player is coveted with second rounders after that pick (like Wahlstrom?)

Get younger - get faster - clear the deadwood (McCarron, Froese, Schlemko)

Promote Juulsen, Learnout, Scherbak, Lindgren 2018-2019

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Congrats to him. Figured it would happen as it just makes sense, we stink and have no center depth, he's great on face-offs as he was ranked in the top 2 or 3 every year so you figure a natural center prospect would want to sign where there is little center depth. Now the question will be how will his game translate to the AHL/NHL.

It will be interesting to see how he does at the pro level. He is a dark horse in our prospect system with that late pick. I like to see him in the AHL for one year. From what I have heard.. he needs to work on his shot and skating. Let’s see how he measures up against AHL/NHL talent. Might take him a year or two to reach potential

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It will be interesting to see how he does at the pro level. He is a dark horse in our prospect system with that late pick. I like to see him in the AHL for one year. From what I have heard.. he needs to work on his shot and skating. Let’s see how he measures up against AHL/NHL talent. Might take him a year or two to reach potential

he's got the smarts and skills, just needs to get stronger, quicker. Will be very interested to see how he looks at camp/preseason.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
He’s going to put pressure on McCarron and DLR, that’s for sure. Bitten and Addison are two others I am curious to see next year.

Would be an added bonus if one of Evans, Bitten, or Addison were NHLers, especially if one were a top 9 forward with some offense at the NHL level.

The 4th line Center role is certainly open. To me, as much as I like a lot of De la Rose's tools (big, fast, good skater, smart with the puck) he doesn't bring enough offensively to be forward in the NHL in today's game. The 4th line is better with Froese than DLR, and it can be argued it's better with McCarron and Logan Shaw.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Its nice to get him signed. I'm just not optimistic that he will amount to anything impactful, but it's worth a shot considering the circumstances.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I’m just not that excited about Evans
I’ve heard his skating isn’t great. Hopefully he can become a regular NHL player but I won’t hold my breath

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I’m just not that excited about Evans
I’ve heard his skating isn’t great. Hopefully he can become a regular NHL player but I won’t hold my breath

He's a long shot, also not holding my breath. But I look forward to seeing him at camp this year and in the AHL next season.

Some players with his numbers at the NCAA level have made the NHL, some haven't. We'll see.

But yeah, most late round picks that are success (Gallagher, Hudon, Mete) stand out earlier.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad