Confirmed with Link: Habs Sign Ales Hemsky (1 year, $1M)

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Your Montreal Canadiens! We have a problem at C? Hey, here are our Right Wingers now!

Gallagher
Shaw
Hemsky.

At least Bergevin is consistent....was tired to hear how weak our C line was.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Yeah and you shouldn't.

Giving 6M$ for a 27 goals scorer is not that bad. Not great but not disastrous either.

and people complain when we saw what a 2 year 6m contract for pleks resulted in, yet want radulov signed for more and for 5 years..lol

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
So five years to a guy who can't pass, shoot, skate or open jars, and is notoriously bad in the playoffs.

Won't do 5 years for their best forward and best playoff performer.

Radulov, Sergachov, Markov (for now), conditional second for Hemsky, Drouin and Alzner.

I'll let you figure out which group is better

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
If Galchenyuk is not traded over the next weeks for an established 1st line centerman, I see this trade as a clear signal that Radulov is not comming back.

That said, I still expect Markov to be back. Let's keep that 6 M$ cushion for next season.

EDIT: Radulov signed for 5 years in Dallas, which makes it super hard for Bergevin to bring him back. ;-)

Last edited:

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Why the hell wouldn't we do this? 5 x 6? That's fine for Radulov. I could understand if he wanted 7 years but 5 x 6 is fine. WTF...

BTW, who the hell is Mike Heika?

5 x 6 in Texas isn't the same as here. To me, Radulov just didn't want to come back that much.

CCM19

Not Phased
Apr 2, 2015
All this talk about how Radulov would re sign in Montreal and here we are now.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
If they give him that 5th year, can we really blame Bergevin for not giving in?

Sorry but 5 years to Radulov is too much IMO

But I'm sure people will be 50/50 on this.

One extra measly year is too much for the one player that drove the offense last year? Ya no wonder the Habs haven't won the Cup in over 2 decades. It'll be fifty years before the Habs even get a sniff of the finals at this rate.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Look, I'm just going to say this once - I hope the mods and admins understand why it's so amusing to call the GM BargainBin.

It's because of moves like this. Please don't take that away from me.

To be clear, you appear to be the only person that thinks it is in any way clever or amusing.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Bergevin is so predictable in that he throws **** at the wall and sees what sticks. I will ask again...Marc, what is the plan?
You can throw 8 years at a goalie who in all likelihood will not play until his contract ends but you could not add that 5th year to Radulov? Crazy

Roke

Jul 21, 2003
Winnipeg
So with Drouin replacing Radulov and now Hemsky added maybe Bergevin's finally planning on having Galchenyuk play as a top-6 centre for the whole year? That would be one area the team actually improved this summer if it happens, shame the rest of the roster will likely be treading water or stepping back due to age.

Loved Hemsky in Edmonton. Not a player I'd want to rely upon with his injury history but that's why he's a $1 million gamble.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I'm not a fan of the signing, but people acting like it's a big deal money wise are crazy. It can 90% be buried if needed.

No people act like this signing will prevent the Habs to be better. Another 1 year experiment that will lead to nothing.

I don't see the future but I already know that Hemsky will get around 20-30 pts. Will not resign with us. We don't go far in the playoffs and we'll be in the same position again next year.

Im sick tired of those 1 year contract for old vets.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Consolation price........that's the Habs for you. Can't wait about the money and term with Radu.

MB plays small market team with one of the richest teams in the NHL.

I can understand when UFAs don't want to sign here... But Radulov was one of the rare players who would have if Habs gave 5 years. Unfortunately, MB rather risk that term on guys like Alzner and Shaw.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Yes we can blame him. What the **** is this team going to look like in 5 years for that money to matter?

We just gave a goalie $10.5M for 8 years taking him to the age of 39. :laugh:

Price is too good right now for us to get a good draft pick but he's not good enough to carry this joke of a roster to a cup.

I hope you're okay with 1st round exits and just missing the playoffs over the next 3-4 years.

HEMSKY!!!!

PS. Radulov is going to score a **** ton of points with Spezza. Not only that, he'll improve the Top-6 so much that the Stars are legit a good team, especially with Methot and Bishop. Honestly, I don't blame Radulove for going there. More money, more years, better team.

I'm being sarcastic

I of all people can't stand our GM

He has no clue and has no direction

But hey, his extension just kicked in, great years ahead!!!

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
which kid is better than Hesmky? where???? whoo???

My god ....

Building a team is not about who is better now. It's about what i'm gonna do to win a cup eventually. Hemsky doesn't make you a contender. Not this year. Not the next. Never. The guy is done.

It's like some people here think kids don't need NHL experience to become good NHLers. Like yeah they'll come and be 100% day 1.

We should be looking at realistic options for the next 3 years. Our only option right now is kids. We should give some kids NHL experience. Singing Hemsky is what bad GMs who don't have a clue do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad