Confirmed with Link: Habs Sign Ales Hemsky (1 year, $1M)

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
No people act like this signing will prevent the Habs to be better. Another 1 year experiment that will lead to nothing.

I don't see the future but I already know that Hemsky will get around 20-30 pts. Will not resign with us. We don't go far in the playoffs and we'll be in the same position again next year.

Im sick tired of those 1 year contract for old vets.
The problem is that they don't bring any element that we don't already have. They're not more skilled or quicker or stronger than any alternative. That's why these bargain bin players are disappointing.

What the hell did Armstrong bring to the team? Or Flynn? Or John Scott? Or Fleischmann?

Hemsky is made of glass and soft as hell. He might've had hands but his confidence in his abilities must be terrible right now. I don't see how he could be a low-risk high-reward kind of player, he doesn't have that in him. He's another Fleischmann, imo.

It wouldn't be a bad signing in a vacuum but... Sergachev+Radulov>>>Hemsky+Drouin

Reactions: MaxPacwhereishe

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
This shows how bad we're overpaying for Shaw's production. A guy like Hemsky who provides as much secondary scoring is 2.6M$ cheaper without the ridiculous terme

This comment shows how badly you misunderstand what Shaw is getting paid for in the first place.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Why the hell wouldn't we do this? 5 x 6? That's fine for Radulov. I could understand if he wanted 7 years but 5 x 6 is fine. WTF...

BTW, who the hell is Mike Heika?
Just click on his name... lol

Covers the Stars for the Dallas Morning News.

Verified. 23,000 followers.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
This signing really feels like insult to injury. Our GM completely ******** away the prime years of this core by penny pinching.

habaholic

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
5 x 6 in Texas isn't the same as here. To me, Radulov just didn't want to come back that much.

This! In the end it was all about the money. I mean who am I to judge the guy.

Sucks to see him go but I would not have given him 5 years - 7 million (referring to the 0 tax state)

We'll see how this plays out for the Stars.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I like it when people who have no clue what happened knows for sure Radulov wasn't offered 5 years by the Habs.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
If they give him that 5th year, can we really blame Bergevin for not giving in?

Sorry but 5 years to Radulov is too much IMO

But I'm sure people will be 50/50 on this.

The salary is less than expected. It was clearly always about term. Another very questionable decision by Bergevin. Hemsky is not a suitable replacement for Radulov.

Why give Price the golden contract if you don't commit to winning as soon as possible?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I honestly can't wait until next year and Pleks leaving. I know most of that money will be going towards Price's new deal and to Pacioretty's new deal but Pleks at 6 million is just killing us

If the money is going to players already here it wont change anything.

I mean realistically next year we have 2 millions to replace Plekanec (4 of his 6 millions disappear in the new price contract). Finding a good 3rd liner will cost you that 2 millions.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
If the money is going to players already here it wont change anything.

I mean realistically next year we have 2 millions to replace Plekanec (4 of his 6 millions disappear in the new price contract). Finding a good 3rd liner will cost you that 2 millions.

Our dumbass GM with go out and sign Desharnais for 2 million!!!!

The guy has no plan or vision and doesn't know how to build a team

I really hope he get's canned but I know he won't

Cookie007

Mar 23, 2011
Let's not forget that without radu. We have like 16 million in cap space. If marky and galch resigns we probably have around 5-6. Looking like a RNH deal once mcdavid and Leon resins in Edmonton. No way they pay RNH 5-6 mill as a 3rd line C

hockeyguru19

Jun 6, 2017
Hemsky is just veteran depth if he does not work out you just put him in the minors 925,000 off the cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad