Confirmed with Link: Habs Sign Ales Hemsky (1 year, $1M)

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I don't think this has anything to do with Radulov at all and everything to do with Plekanec.

If Plekanec is moved and a player like Shaw is shifted to centre, Hemsky is a flex forward that can play on line three but can also easily sub into line one or tow.

Clearly, you don't know MB that well.

This is Radulov replacement 101. He's out of ideas, he's grasping at the last straw he can.

Reactions: MaxPacwhereishe

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I guess he's a veteran forward that can step in when/if one of the young players falter. Not a terrible move especially given the price.

That's not how it works. Never has been. Not here.

A veteran wont step in for a kid. A veteran will have a guaranteed spot. A kid will need to be SIGNIFICANTLY better to steal it.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
This has been a goddamn depressing week.

Hemsky has never played a full season and he will be 34 next year. Does this move significantly hurt us? No. Does it help us in any possible way? NO.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I didn't realize that Hemsky has NEVER played a full season in the NHL! 15 games last year.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
Hemsky is a year removed from a season where he scored at >.5ppg pace, had a 2.2 corsi rel on a very good possession team. Gamescore models have him projected as a top 6 forward.

He's a pretty good gamble with what's left in FA - especially when some of you wanted Grigorenko/Yakupov. Losing Radulov sucks and Jagr is very good, but this isn't a bad a signing.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
This shows how bad we're overpaying for Shaw's production. A guy like Hemsky who provides as much secondary scoring is 2.6M$ cheaper without the ridiculous terme

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
To me this is confirmation he is not returning.

This is sorta like the Tomas Fleischmann experiment. Best case scenario he turns out like him and we can ship him at the deadline when we are a bottom 5 team.

And how did the margarine experiment worked? We lost and a kid did not get experience.

Hemsky is not an answer to anything. Not more than Margarine or PAP. It will just take some experience to a kid who might need it.

I really don't understand how anybody can support this move. I really don't.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
The saga continues: Ryder > Briere > Vanek > PAP > Semin/Fleischmann > Radulov > Hemsky

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
This has been a goddamn depressing week.

Hemsky has never played a full season and he will be 34 next year. Does this move significantly hurt us? No. Does it help us in any possible way? NO.

If he could stay healthy (yes I know) it's much better than recalling some AHLer

Hemsky can still play and produce

Now sign Markov cause that's the guy we can't afford to lose

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Hemsky at 1 million >>>> Marleau at 6 :laugh:

Marleau still score 27 goals last year.

Our 6M$ Plekanec has 28 PTS.

I know Marleau is old. 3 years was excessive but I'm sure he can score 25G+ in the next 2 years with the leafs center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad