Post-Game Talk: Habs Prevail in a Battle of Super Tankers, 4-2 -- Gallagher notches 30th goal

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Who we get also depends on who the other teams don't draft. We were lucky in the past few early picks other teams didn't pick Sergachev, Galchenyuk, McDonagh, and Price, and instead took players like Yakupov, Ryan Murray, Jack Johnson, Benoit Pouliot, Thomas Hickey, Karl Alzner, Sam Gagner, Zach Hamil, Keaton Ellerby, Brandon Suter etc... yikes, and people complain so much about Timmins.
If there's one guy in the top 10 that I'd nominate for the Clark Kent Award, it's Dobson. Having a great year, but practically flying under the radar, compared to the hype of the other highly ranked prospects. And yet, he has all the tools to wind up transforming into Superman once he joins the league.

Reactions: Runner77

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If there's one guy in the top 10 that I'd nominate for the Clark Kent Award, it's Dobson. Having a great year, but practically flying under the radar, compared to the hype of the other highly ranked prospects. And yet, he has all the tools to wind up transforming into Superman once he joins the league.
I still got Hughes, Boqvist and Smith ahead, but I'm still happy with him.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
With Timmins' track record with dmen, I'd almost rather him select a dman if he's really high on one. I'd rather another McDonagh/Subban/or Sergachev over another Andrei Kostitsyn or even Alex Galchenyuk.
Timmins hasn't drafted someone under 6ft, which once again make some think we draft Dobson.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
That hazy screen grab from the other day, I can't find it anymore. Was it really what your screen looked like at the time?
Yes, it was a live screenshot taken with Puush. I can usually still watch in HD though, if I don't have any other bandwidth demanding processes/websites running in the background.

Reactions: Runner77

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Did anyone ask CJ if this evens up our series at one a piece?
Detroit aren't a playoff team so the sweep is still on. :rolleyes:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Keep in mind the Habs could very much finish on a 3-4 games winning streak, that's an extra 6-8 useless points.

-They are going to try hard to troll NJD.
-Winterpeg have nothing to win and are likely to rest players.
-Detroit will be Detroit.
-Toronto, will probably have nothing to win at that point, so they're also likely to rest players.

A 76 points finish is not out of the picture just yet.

We're not beating Pens on the road. NJ is in Montreal where we're not awful but not good either. NJ has a good team & we're really bad.

Detroit is worse, but this is the worst team that I've ever seen in Montreal. We're not beating NJ. It's an easy 2 pts for them.

We're not beating Winnipeg either no matter who they rest. Many of their players are already out/resting on injuries & they're still winning games against better teams than us. They'll kick our ass.

Next 3 games are guaranteed losses. Habs can work as hard as they want. They'll lose because they suck.

Toronto would have to rest their whole team for us to lose, which isn't going to happen.

Logan Shaw is our #3 center, DLR#2 & Drouin#1. Alzner a #5 D on Washington last year is #2 on this one.

I have the games on but I barely watch them the games are so bad.

Only Detroit is a 50-50.

People need to appreciate more just how genuinely awful this team is.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Timmins hasn't drafted someone under 6ft, which once again make some think we draft Dobson.

Fun fact: the last time the Montreal Canadiens selected someone under six feet tall in the first round it was Saku Koivu in 1993. Leblanc, Matt Higgins, and Chris Higgins were either six feet or grew to six feet by the time they played for Montreal.

Oct 22, 2012
I think he's more of a project than Sergachev was, got to see him a few times this season up close. Fast as the wind and always seems to end up in the right place right time. Bomb of a shot too. Decisions in close/physicality are a bit iffy. Looks a little thin for his height, but is a kid. Potential is there to be a great pick.....(for Chicago :D)

Also, it's nice to be able to load up hfboards again and not crash my computer!

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013

I think with the way the game is changing, his track record is less relevant; his past picks were made for the way the game was played previously, which is different than now. He always liked taking a chance on talented players that were overlooked because of their size (Grabovski, Gallagher, Hudon, Mete, Ghetto, Lehkonen), but I think with the success of players like Matthew Barzal, teams will start taking those players earlier.

We're still a small team, yet not once this year did I say to myself, we're losing this game because we're too small. Whereas I used to say that often in the past.

greyboy67

Feb 11, 2004
That was a big 4-point swing. Unless they get very lucky in the lottery, the Habs will be denied a top-3 pick.

There will still be good players in the 4-8 slots but whoever Montreal picks won't be a player who can make an immediate impact.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Keep in mind the Habs could very much finish on a 3-4 games winning streak, that's an extra 6-8 useless points.

-They are going to try hard to troll NJD.
-Winterpeg have nothing to win and are likely to rest players.
-Detroit will be Detroit.
-Toronto, will probably have nothing to win at that point, so they're also likely to rest players.

A 76 points finish is not out of the picture just yet.

even with toronto and winnepeg resting half their team......they still destroy us

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
even with toronto and winnepeg resting half their team......they still destroy us

Not really.

Arizona, Vancouver, Buffalo, Montreal and Detroit all won their last game, Chicago went for the OTL... And this is not a coincidence, this is a recurring pattern.

Ari won against Tampa
VAN won against ANA
Buffalo won against Toronto
Montreal won against Detroit
Detroit won against Pittsburgh
Chicago went in OT against San Jose

At this time of the year the more awful you are, the more likely you are to win. Because the team you face tend to not give a damn anymore, they just want to move on to the playoffs.
In 2015-16, MTL won 4 of their last 6 games. Steamrolling over Tampa twice in the process 3-0 and 5-2 and that's with Pateryn/Dietz/Hanley/Emelin/Markov/Johnston on Ds and Condon in net. Not because the Habs suddenly became a well oiled hockey machine in the last week of the season... But because Tampa couldn't care less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad