Post-Game Talk: Habs Prevail in a Battle of Super Tankers, 4-2 -- Gallagher notches 30th goal

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I have to say I would rather have @bsl kalamata olives than the chocolate cheesecake, I just really do not like chocolate. But like I said husband would love it (and son but without the fruit)
My wife is half English half Punjabi. We go through a lot of Olive oil and Red onion.

Reactions: CalgarySnow

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Yeah but they have seen 4 cups in the last 25 years. That can tide you over a while. We aren't even that upset at zero in the same time period.
Whos not upset? I’ve just come to expect us to not win a cup for another 25 years especially under this regime

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I don’t want Wahlstrom. I don’t think I can live another center/winger drama

In the head of MB centers don't exist, well except Crosby of course. He's still undecided for McJesus i heard.

So yeah as long as he's here the winger/center drama will exist.

People should realize than outside Plekanec all centers who played under MB played games on the wing. DD played on the wing toward the end, Danault played on the wing, Eller played on the wing and AG of course we know the story. For him there's no such things as centers and wingers.

Reactions: Luigi Habs

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
You have to be very bored to make yourself watch these games.
The alternative is probably...stare at the ceiling for 3 hours..
Weren't you supposed to be at work ? Its 12 noon there. Good old earphones 690 at 9 AM at the desk.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
As long as we stay in the top 9 we should be fine. Only way we fall out is if 3 teams behind us win the lottery. Odds of that happening are astronomical.

Besides we could still one of the 3 spots in the lottery.

Glad to see Gallagher hit 30. I want Byron & Galchenyuk to hit 20. Something to cheer for in this lousy season.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Although Hughes is fantastic, there are still some REALLY good centers in the top 10. Have to make sure we are there. Also, I'm very confident that we pick Dobson in this draft, screams like a Timmins pick to me.

I don't know him that well, other than he's a touted dman. What makes him a Timmins type dman? Is he a puck moving dman like Subban, Sergachev, McDonagh, Mete, or Streit?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I was wondering so I checked:

Before tonight this is Habs D point scoring.

Valiev 0 in 2 games. OK
Lernout 1 in 12 games. Rookie, no biggie. Not expected to be a scorer anyway. And playing OK.
Juulsen 1 in 17 Games. Again, rookie and not an expected to be an offensive force. Still pretty bad though. Think he will improve.
Schlemko 4 in 34 games. Yup. You read that right. That's like a 12 point pace in 82.
Reilly 6 in 14 games. A bright spot.
Mete 7 in 49 games. A rookie also. But not great. Forgivable though. This year. He needs to work on it.
Alzner 10 in 76 games. For ****'s sake. A defensive guy but really?
Benn 15 in 73 games. See Alzner.

Weber 16 in 26 games. LOL. Second highest D scorer.
Petry 36 in 76 games. Very good year for him.

So ****ing Schlemko Alzner and Benn, veterans that were supposed to be depended on, have combined for 29 points this year. Give schlemko another 6 points if not hurt, that's say 35 points so far from those three this year.

This may be the worst offensive D sqaud I've ever seen in 45 years of watching habs.

Clearly, this and other points of reference and even more sophisticated data, must be readily available and known to ownership. How can they continue entrusting the management with critical decision-making into the 2018-19 season? Just boggles the mind. There has to be someone else coming in and implementing measures for Bergevin and his group to be more closely monitored -- it's a fail on so many levels.

Not that Bergevin deserves another chance but since ownership has given him another vote of confidence, they can't possibly go forward with the same reporting structure and without performance reviews conducted independently, since Bergevin is incapable of judging his friends.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
2a65bbb.jpg

Gallagher, the ultimate Anti-Tanker. 30 goals from a guy who suffered two major injuries, had two down years and did it without the benefit of a bona fide center, while getting shuffled about a lineup that featured little in terms of offensive support.

What a statement season it has been for him.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
My Pizza was 18 bucks. And pretty damn good.

I like how you dressed it after you got it -- nice personal touch.

Plus, you can't always tell everything from a pic but it sure looked good to me.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
My internet connection couldn't handle it anymore.

That hazy screen grab from the other day, I can't find it anymore. Was it really what your screen looked like at the time?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If the draft actually goes down like this, it's either first overall or 5th/6th for me.

I'm not interested in any Dman other than Dahlin or any wingers (well maybe Svechnikov, could be the next Laine but then again, we have too many wingers).

I just can't wait for the draft.

For such an early pick, we can't really let position trump the BPA.

I'm seeing a lot of opposition to Tkachuk. Does it mean that the first 4 as you have them listed, would be great picks? I'm wondering what the tiers are after Dahlin.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
2 way big guy with great skating who is very good defensively and has a great shot.

Ah ok, sounds more like McDonagh (with the size) or what he hoped Fischer would be. There are still a lot of dominant dmen that are 6'2, 6'3, but there are more and more that are 6 feet and under. I just want him to draft the most talented player available, regardless of size. With the way the game is going, I wouldn't be surprised if he does the same. Sergachev is big, but that's after thought when you look at his talent level.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
As long as we stay in the top 9 we should be fine. Only way we fall out is if 3 teams behind us win the lottery. Odds of that happening are astronomical.

Besides we could still one of the 3 spots in the lottery.

Glad to see Gallagher hit 30. I want Byron & Galchenyuk to hit 20. Something to cheer for in this lousy season.

Keep in mind the Habs could very much finish on a 3-4 games winning streak, that's an extra 6-8 useless points.

-They are going to try hard to troll NJD.
-Winterpeg have nothing to win and are likely to rest players.
-Detroit will be Detroit.
-Toronto, will probably have nothing to win at that point, so they're also likely to rest players.

A 76 points finish is not out of the picture just yet.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Weren't you supposed to be at work ? Its 12 noon there. Good old earphones 690 at 9 AM at the desk.
My job is pretty awesome. I set my own work hours and can do some from home if I want.
Had a barbershop appointment at 10am then a meeting around 11 in central.
No desk job for me mate.

Reactions: Runner77

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I'm wondering what the tiers are after Dahlin.
I'm sure things will continue to ebb and flow between now and the draft, but so far, it seems like:

Dahlin

Svech and Zadina

Tkachuk and Boqvist

Various orders of Hughes, Wahlstrom, Dobson, and Bouchard

Smith, Wilde, and Veleno

Farabee and Hayton

The rest of the first round.

Again, talk to 10 "experts" and get 10 different answers, and I think it gets less exciting once you're pushing the end of Tier 4, but even if you guys slide near the end of the top ten, you should still have some fairly interesting choices on the board.

Reactions: Runner77

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Ah ok, sounds more like McDonagh (with the size) or what he hoped Fischer would be. There are still a lot of dominant dmen that are 6'2, 6'3, but there are more and more that are 6 feet and under. I just want him to draft the most talented player available, regardless of size. With the way the game is going, I wouldn't be surprised if he does the same. Sergachev is big, but that's after thought when you look at his talent level.
Reminds me of Pietrangelo

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
For those wondering how the Hudon altercation evolved, I just saw the replay on what started it. Hudon took 5 cross-checks from DeKeyser, frustration set in and Hudon took it out on Zetterberg, which then caused it to escalate:

Last edited:

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Reminds me of Pietrangelo

Who we get also depends on who the other teams don't draft. We were lucky in the past few early picks other teams didn't pick Sergachev, Galchenyuk, McDonagh, and Price, and instead took players like Yakupov, Ryan Murray, Jack Johnson, Benoit Pouliot, Thomas Hickey, Karl Alzner, Sam Gagner, Zach Hamil, Keaton Ellerby, Brandon Suter etc... yikes, and people complain so much about Timmins.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Who we get also depends on who the other teams don't draft. We were lucky in the past few early picks other teams didn't pick Sergachev, Galchenyuk, McDonagh, and Price, and instead took players like Yakupov, Ryan Murray, Jack Johnson, Benoit Pouliot, Thomas Hickey, Karl Alzner, Sam Gagner, Zach Hamil, Keaton Ellerby, Brandon Suter etc... yikes, and people complain so much about Timmins.
I trust Timmins with a top 10 pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad