Post-Game Talk: Habs Prevail in a Battle of Super Tankers, 4-2 -- Gallagher notches 30th goal

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Well then we better win the lottery. The only real centre in the top 10 is wahlstrom. Tkachuk is more a winger from what I read
I don't think Wahlstrom is a C. Next year is absolutely stacked with centers, we need to get one of them.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
$

We fought the valiant fight.

We did not go gently into that good night.

We even had posters sacrificing themselves ...

When all is said and done, we shall remember the bravery and selflessness of these brave posters sacrificing themselves for a greater cause.

This team brings out the worst in us. Even our posters become embattled at times like these ...

25nzgx.jpg

We shall also remember how this team just can't do anything right. They can't win meaningful games and they can't lose when it matters.

Essentially, we're dealing with this ...

2775i9.jpg

RDS has no choice but to be on it but it does sound absurd. They're pretending we're watching something of importance -- and we all know the Habs' PR Dept. probably approached them about not making negative comments about the team.

This sums it up nicely:

Great, they won another meaningless game.

$

Discuss!!!
I was wondering so I checked:

Before tonight this is Habs D point scoring.

Valiev 0 in 2 games. OK
Lernout 1 in 12 games. Rookie, no biggie. Not expected to be a scorer anyway. And playing OK.
Juulsen 1 in 17 Games. Again, rookie and not an expected to be an offensive force. Still pretty bad though. Think he will improve.
Schlemko 4 in 34 games. Yup. You read that right. That's like a 12 point pace in 82.
Reilly 6 in 14 games. A bright spot.
Mete 7 in 49 games. A rookie also. But not great. Forgivable though. This year. He needs to work on it.
Alzner 10 in 76 games. For f***'s sake. A defensive guy but really?
Benn 15 in 73 games. See Alzner.

Weber 16 in 26 games. LOL. Second highest D scorer.
Petry 36 in 76 games. Very good year for him.

So f***ing Schlemko Alzner and Benn, veterans that were supposed to be depended on, have combined for 29 points this year. Give schlemko another 6 points if not hurt, that's say 35 points so far from those three this year.

This may be the worst offensive D sqaud I've ever seen in 45 years of watching habs.

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Yup. Draft Whalstrom, draft Hughes the year after

Drouin - Hughes - Whalstrom
Scherbak - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Won't happen tho
Although Hughes is fantastic, there are still some REALLY good centers in the top 10. Have to make sure we are there. Also, I'm very confident that we pick Dobson in this draft, screams like a Timmins pick to me.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Although Hughes is fantastic, there are still some REALLY good centers in the top 10. Have to make sure we are there. Also, I'm very confident that we pick Dobson in this draft, screams like a Timmins pick to me.
Thebesthockey brought up 2020. Alexis Lafreniere is gonna be a superstar. Kid is a stud at 16

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
We will need some awesome photoshop. Fury (The NHL lottery) firing on the Tiger tank (The Habs), the shell bounces on it and (little montage) hit that tanker guy in the face (put the logo of the f***ing Edmonton Oilers instead of the guy's head and pray they don't get the goddamn 1st pick again). Then a tank explodes, and Dahlins rain all over.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Bad defensive game is one thing, I'm more worried that he looks foot-slow, meaning he's a questionable athlete which likely translates to lower ceiling.
He is playing so much with the Knights that it could very well be because of that. Although, he definitely has the worst skating from the top guys.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
$

We fought the valiant fight.

We did not go gently into that good night.

We even had posters sacrificing themselves ...

When all is said and done, we shall remember the bravery and selflessness of these brave posters sacrificing themselves for a greater cause.

This team brings out the worst in us. Even our posters become embattled at times like these ...

25nzgx.jpg

We shall also remember how this team just can't do anything right. They can't win meaningful games and they can't lose when it matters.

Essentially, we're dealing with this ...

2775i9.jpg

RDS has no choice but to be on it but it does sound absurd. They're pretending we're watching something of importance -- and we all know the Habs' PR Dept. probably approached them about not making negative comments about the team.

This sums it up nicely:

Great, they won another meaningless game.

$

Discuss!!!
My Pizza was 18 bucks. And pretty damn good.

Reactions: Runner77

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I was wondering so I checked:

Before tonight this is Habs D point scoring.

Valiev 0 in 2 games. OK
Lernout 1 in 12 games. Rookie, no biggie. Not expected to be a scorer anyway. And playing OK.
Juulsen 1 in 17 Games. Again, rookie and not an expected to be an offensive force. Still pretty bad though. Think he will improve.
Schlemko 4 in 34 games. Yup. You read that right. That's like a 12 point pace in 82.
Reilly 6 in 14 games. A bright spot.
Mete 7 in 49 games. A rookie also. But not great. Forgivable though. This year. He needs to work on it.
Alzner 10 in 76 games. For ****'s sake. A defensive guy but really?
Benn 15 in 73 games. See Alzner.

Weber 16 in 26 games. LOL. Second highest D scorer.
Petry 36 in 76 games. Very good year for him.

So ****ing Schlemko Alzner and Benn, veterans that were supposed to be depended on, have combined for 29 points this year. Give schlemko another 6 points if not hurt, that's say 35 points so far from those three this year.

This may be the worst offensive D sqaud I've ever seen in 45 years of watching habs.

It's a good thing for us that not only is Bergevin a top assessor of ability, but also an expert on D men particularly. We're so lucky. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad