Proposal: Habs package for speeding up the rebuild

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
No ? Rs have sometimes ignored/defied my advice, and track record = usually they should have listened to me.
We'll see.
Smart play = at minimum admit he has chem w/Cuylle and they can get by w/Brodz as pivot = a cheap line, but try to upgrade 3C

so again, no
WTF is this fantasy land crap? Rangers defied your advice? You need to put down the crack pipe and get back to reality lmao

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
WTF is this fantasy land crap? Rangers defied your advice? You need to put down the crack pipe and get back to reality lmao
sez you
not crap
fact is, I sometimes called things in real time, and were ahead of the curve as to the outcome
my track record is clear
not every time
but repeatedly
Rs do not accept my advice and hindsight proves they should have

I don't have to justify myself to you but just to substantiate, I was against win now rentals, and begrudgingly much of the board admits it was wasted, bottom line not worth it

physician come down from your condescending ivory tower and heal thyself

Reactions: Stickpucker

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
sez you
not crap
fact is, I sometimes called things in real time, and were ahead of the curve as to the outcome
my track record is clear
not every time
but repeatedly

I don't have to justify myself to you but just to substantiate, I was against win now rentals, and begrudgingly much of the board admits it was wasted, bottom line not worth it

Do you hear yourself ? Professional teams don't read message boards and take advice from jo schmo. Wow, you need a reality check or meds. This is weird.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Do you hear yourself ? Professional teams don't read message boards and take advice from jo schmo. Wow, you need a reality check or meds. This is weird.
It is irrelevant to what extent teams are/are not reading message boards
considering how much teams invest in research and marketing to keep the base loyal, happy, and growing, it would not be a shock if quietly most clubs had staff scour news/web/etc to catch the latest buzz.

Like everyone else, my posts are to be judged on merit
I have called dozens of shots beforehand to good moves e.g., in extending Kreider, and bad ones not in dealing Buch, but for stupidly doing it w/zero term and only a sliver of rfa rights = abysmal minimal return

Free speech for everyone
competition of ideas = a win win for all
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SILENCE ME WITH BASELESS INSULTS AGAIN

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Is bernie the hockey professor?
I wouldn't say that.
Whether or not any single given opinion I have is predicated upon whether or not it has merit, and whether or not it is more meritorious than another opinion, obviously, cannot be answered without comparison and honest joint scrutiny.

Which is fine, because that is what I am about -- competition of ideas

If you have interest in my actual academic work, pm/convo me

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
sez you
not crap
my track record is clear
not every time
but repeatedly

To spite the Rongomen you should defect to the rogue, Bleu, et blanc

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
To spite the Rongomen you should defect to the rogue, Bleu, et blanc
Thanks for the kind invite
I have great appreciation for some of hockey's classic teams, including the Habs of the 60s + 70s

but no, I am a Rangers fan
always was/will be
and if mgmt deserves kudos, fine and not begrudgingly
and same token, if derision is in order, they will hear it from me

peace out
bern

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
What is the best player under 25 olds (can be a prospect too) that is forward that we could get for 2 x 1st round pick in 2025, including the Habs unprotected 1st?

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
What is the best player under 25 olds (can be a prospect too) that is forward that we could get for 2 x 1st round pick in 2025, including the Habs unprotected 1st?
Seriously, in what universe is Montreal likely to trade their own unprotected pick this far out ?

And the Calgary/Florida one is very hard to assign a value to, since it could be litterally anywhere from #2 to #32.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
You might wanna check out the stats pal haha. Slaf’s playing more minutes because hes not on a team going to the eastern conference finals like laff was in D+2.

Laff had more even strength goals D+2 playing on a checking line than slaf has total goals this year. Wild.
Slaf with more EV points than Laf had total points when comparing D+2. Slaf with a hattrick tonight and counting, en route to 50 points.

AINEC! :)

• Love
Reactions: DaPhazz and bud12

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Seriously, in what universe is Montreal likely to trade their own unprotected pick this far out ?

And the Calgary/Florida one is very hard to assign a value to, since it could be litterally anywhere from #2 to #32.
I mean it will almost certainly be florida's pick next year.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I mean it will almost certainly be florida's pick next year.
Most likely, yes, but Florida has tons of UFAs on defense, and there can be a lot of variability from year to year for any team. Montreal went from Cup finalist to last overall in a year.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Most likely, yes, but Florida has tons of UFAs on defense, and there can be a lot of variability from year to year for any team. Montreal went from Cup finalist to last overall in a year.
Florida is a top 2 team in the league in xGoal%. Very analytically good.

That montreal team was 17th in a very weak north division

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I think its 50/50 but heavily depends on what they do this offseason.
I can't see them buying, or being able to recruit free agents, and frankly I just don't think they're very good at all. Also they'll be incentivized to suck in order to keep their pick.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I can't see them buying, or being able to recruit free agents, and frankly I just don't think they're very good at all. Also they'll be incentivized to suck in order to keep their pick.
Logically, i agree with you. But it wouldn't surprise me to see them improve the team in the offseason for the fanbase. Even then, i think finishing just outside of the bottom 10 is not completely out to lunch.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Logically, i agree with you. But it wouldn't surprise me to see them improve the team in the offseason for the fanbase. Even then, i think finishing just outside of the bottom 10 is not completely out to lunch.
I just can't pick out 5 teams to be worse tbh.

Especially if Markstrom plays like he has the last 2 months into next season, it's going to be brutal.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Guess we will

My Slaf projection for next year is 24 goals 60 points with improved defensive metrics
I have no projection prediction for Slaf. This season his development has been off the charts. I am not going to put a ceiling on his production next season.

Guess we will find out! ;)

Reactions: dgibb10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad