Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to a Men's Store, 5-2 -- Marc Bergevin's Fashion Pro Tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Or just send Benn down to Laval.

Benn looking more and more like he won't be back. I don't like Alzner at 4.7 million on the bottom pair, but it's looking more and more like:

_____ Weber
Mete Petry
Reilly Juulsen
Valiev

or

Reilly Weber
Mete Petry
Alzner Juulsen
Valiev

or

____ Weber
Reilly/Mete Petry
Alzner Juulsen
Valiev
perhaps Mete AHL

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Benn looking more and more like he won't be back. I don't like Alzner at 4.7 million on the bottom pair, but it's looking more and more like:

_____ Weber
Mete Petry
Reilly Juulsen
Valiev

or

Reilly Weber
Mete Petry
Alzner Juulsen
Valiev

or

____ Weber
Reilly/Mete Petry
Alzner Juulsen
Valiev
perhaps Mete AHL

Great defense to get a top 10 pick next year....

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I had beer league hockey and missed this one, by all accounts it was a win. The tank rolls on.
giphy.gif

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I only caught a little bit when I got home.. but f*** Alzner and Benn are a tire fire.. those two acquisitions alone should cost the front office their jobs.

I was thinking on the drive home, that when you get a team in the bottom of the league, like the Habs were when Bergevin took over.. and you implement a five year plan, by the end of that five year plan.. your team should be unequivocally better than it was when you took over.

On the back of Carey Price and the core he inherited, Bergevin did nothing but mindlessly tinker and had some successful seasons while Lefebvre and Therrien did some really terrible things player deployment/development wise.

So in the back half of Bergevin's tenure, his record is going to look like this:
Lottery Team (9th overall)
1st round play-off loss (fired coach mid-season)
Lottery Team (Currently 5th overall)

You have to consider that firing a coach in the season is basically admitting that shit was wrong and it was a failed season. Only a play-off run would have solved that and it didn't.

I'm sorry, but if half your tenure is a gigantic failure.. and the only successful part of it was leeching off your predecessor, you should be fired.

I still can't believe, other than my acknowledgement that Molson is a blubbering idiot, that Bergevin will be here to further demolish the health and long term future of the team.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The OP is now fully up. I apologize for the delay. Thanks for your patience. :)

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
How close are we to the bottom? This is the only concern

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Montreal played a really strong 3rd period. They really suck at shooting though & can't get shots off in the slot.

We have guys who go there: the 2 Shaws, Lehkonen, Gallagher, Carr, D'lo etc but they just to never get a shot off. It's blocked, they whiff, they miss the net, it's frustrating to watch.

DLR's **** poor D helped Columbus score 2 goals. I mean on the last one he just gives the puck away after Chucky & Lernout played a 2 on 2 way better than expected.

Our p.k. is terrible.

Lindgren is not playing well & Bernout is a disaster.

This team man...

Yep that describes one darn lousy team. New GM just needs a little time. He's only had 6 1/2 years.

Patience.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Gaston Therrien taking some pot shots at Galchenyuk :laugh: Dubois is a real one, unlike Galchenyuk...

I remember that time he went on the draft day with some draft guide and read the description of the players being picked. What a legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad