Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to a Men's Store, 5-2 -- Marc Bergevin's Fashion Pro Tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
De la Rose put one in his own net... had a bad backcheck on Jenner's goal... a bad giveaway on Ian Cole's goal... and was the forward tasked with blocking the shot on both of Jones' goals

talk about a rough night.

De la Rose is a fourth line guy, not a first line guy. Oh well....

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I only caught a little bit when I got home.. but **** Alzner and Benn are a tire fire.. those two acquisitions alone should cost the front office their jobs.

I was thinking on the drive home, that when you get a team in the bottom of the league, like the Habs were when Bergevin took over.. and you implement a five year plan, by the end of that five year plan.. your team should be unequivocally better than it was when you took over.

On the back of Carey Price and the core he inherited, Bergevin did nothing but mindlessly tinker and had some successful seasons while Lefebvre and Therrien did some really terrible things player deployment/development wise.

So in the back half of Bergevin's tenure, his record is going to look like this:
Lottery Team (9th overall)
1st round play-off loss (fired coach mid-season)
Lottery Team (Currently 5th overall)

You have to consider that firing a coach in the season is basically admitting that **** was wrong and it was a failed season. Only a play-off run would have solved that and it didn't.

I'm sorry, but if half your tenure is a gigantic failure.. and the only successful part of it was leeching off your predecessor, you should be fired.

I still can't believe, other than my acknowledgement that Molson is a blubbering idiot, that Bergevin will be here to further demolish the health and long term future of the team.

As I've mentioned before, our last and best hope is that Molson's partners aren't at all satisfied with the looming devaluation of their prized franchise. Lose Geoff, get a modern management structure in place (I like Bobby Smith and Julien Brisebois), burn the deadwood, spend to the max and watch the magic happen.

Reactions: Hansman

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I'm not convinced he's an NHL guy.

Even on the fourth line he gets buried at even strength in his advanced stats. He's the worst forward on the team in CF% and xGF%
He's great for the tank. If the team was smart, they would sign him for a couple of years and hope he improves a bit and then trade him.

Reactions: ArtPeur

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Gaston Therrien salivating at the thought of P-L Dubois. Probably has an erection while discussing his "manchette."

He wouldn’t be stupid enough to advocate for a PLD for Dahlin trade if the Habs won the draft lottery, would he?

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I thought this was the case based on the eye test this year, so I looked it up:

2017-18 NHL Summary | Hockey-Reference.com

Habs 31st in team shooting at 7.5 %. And that does not include tonight.

Crappiest habs finishing I've ever seen. What is worrisome is it will revert to the mean.

I'm sure Bergevin is selling the idea that the shooting percentage is unrealistic to repeat next season and it's just bad luck. When really it's how Julien coaches.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
We should keep losing to get either svechnikov or dahlin
Boy, you really raised a great point there
jbhmmm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad