Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
there are 2 teams i dont want to play: pitt and wsh

boston does not scare me anymore

but a habs playoff series is definitely the best option

i just feel like with the 9 year wait, and us finding ways to win this year in so many different ways, the hockey gods have us in for a treat

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Needed to win this one. I wouldn't put it past Boston to tank the last Sunday game if it means they don't play the Rangers

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Just thinking about it now..Can't believe we have a great chance at playing MTL in the playoffs. The atmosphere and attention around this series is going to be epic!!

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Seems like Kadri is prepared:

"Can't wait. We've been away from the city for almost too long," Kadri said. It was nice to get up here and kind of throw our feet up a little bit and get two points out of it, but I'm ready to go back and handle our business on Saturday."

I think Kadri will handle his business just fine.

So far he has destroyed: Emelin, Eller and Gallagher.

Who's next?

Asif16*

"Can't wait. We've been away from the city for almost too long," Kadri said. It was nice to get up here and kind of throw our feet up a little bit and get two points out of it, but I'm ready to go back and handle our business on Saturday."

Who's next?

Hopefully its one of Subban (the expert diver/embellsher), Mr. "BE A MAN" Josh Georges (the ultimate whiner) or Mr. Tetanus shot and fake tough guy MAx Pac

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto

Who's next?

Please be Max Pac.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Hopefully its one of Subban (the expert diver/embellsher), Mr. "BE A MAN" Josh Georges (the ultimate whiner) or Mr. Tetanus shot and fake tough guy MAx Pac

I always get a good laugh when Habs fans say that Pacioretty is more of a PWF than JvR. They both don't hit very much.

Nazem Kadri outhits both JvR and Maxipad.

mikebel111*

Fraser steps up for Kadri

Kadri’s often-useful tendency to be a pest was also on display on Thursday, as big Florida defenceman Alex Petrovic took exception to their battle and threw a punch at him in front of the net with the game already out of hand late in the second period.

That spurred a bit of a brawl – which included goalie James Reimer coming out of his net to the blueline and contemplating joining in when it appeared Jacob Markstrom was involved – that ultimately ended with Leafs defenceman Mark Fraser getting tossed out of the game for jumping into the fray to defend Kadri.

“A couple whacks were exchanged and then he kind of just threw his gloves off and I didn’t even realize we were going to go at it until he punched me square in the face,” Kadri said. “I got a fist in the face. I think that’s why Fraz did what he had to do. I gave [Petrovic] a couple in there [down on the ice] as well and I don’t feel too bad about it.”

“Nazzy, that’s part of his game,” Carlyle said. “He’s got to have a personality out there and sometimes he rubs people the wrong way. But he’s got to defend his honour.”

Kadri also thanked Fraser for helping in that department.

“I love it,” he said. “That’s the character of our team: Everyone sticks up for each other. Any single person on our team would do it for him, too, so I think that’s the big difference with this Maple Leaf group this year.”

from the globe and mail

EDDIE20*

I always get a good laugh when Habs fans say that Pacioretty is more of a PWF than JvR. They both don't hit very much.

Nazem Kadri outhits both JvR and Maxipad.

Maxi Pad is a POS, not a PWF.

Asif16*

Maxi Pad is a POS, not a PWF.

Their whole team is POS team. I bet if Galchenyuk got jumped by two guys, the rest of the habs would be just sitting their watching and complaining to the refs while their rookie is getting beatup. Georges would bring out a notepad on the bench and start writing down things of which to complain about to the media after. Max pax is gonna pretend like he is tough and start yappin from the bench and then when someone comes near him he'll look away :laugh::laugh:

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Lets win boys. Montreal is a bad team and this should be an easy win and a strong finish to what has been a great year. We have ended a lot of jokes and made people so mad about our success in a short season with little time to prepare. GO LEAFS GO.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
“A couple whacks were exchanged and then he kind of just threw his gloves off and I didn’t even realize we were going to go at it until he punched me square in the face,†Kadri said. “I got a fist in the face. I think that’s why Fraz did what he had to do. I gave [Petrovic] a couple in there [down on the ice] as well and I don’t feel too bad about it.â€

from the globe and mail

God, I love Kadri's edge.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto

Kadri’s often-useful tendency to be a pest was also on display on Thursday, as big Florida defenceman Alex Petrovic took exception to their battle and threw a punch at him in front of the net with the game already out of hand late in the second period.

That spurred a bit of a brawl – which included goalie James Reimer coming out of his net to the blueline and contemplating joining in when it appeared Jacob Markstrom was involved – that ultimately ended with Leafs defenceman Mark Fraser getting tossed out of the game for jumping into the fray to defend Kadri.

“A couple whacks were exchanged and then he kind of just threw his gloves off and I didn’t even realize we were going to go at it until he punched me square in the face,†Kadri said. “I got a fist in the face. I think that’s why Fraz did what he had to do. I gave [Petrovic] a couple in there [down on the ice] as well and I don’t feel too bad about it.â€

“Nazzy, that’s part of his game,†Carlyle said. “He’s got to have a personality out there and sometimes he rubs people the wrong way. But he’s got to defend his honour.â€

“I love it,†he said. “That’s the character of our team: Everyone sticks up for each other. Any single person on our team would do it for him, too, so I think that’s the big difference with this Maple Leaf group this year.â€

from the globe and mail

Love fraser and kadri

Roboholic

Sep 21, 2005
Hoping we play a very physical game and lay a beating on this team, I really want to play Montreal in the playoffs.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Kadri vs Gallagher might be a really good rivalry for years to come.

Ofcourse kadri is far more skilled and probably stronger too. He handled Hedman pretty good.

Someone needs to take Subban down a notch. He challenged Komarov and when he declined, Subban thought no leafs would fight him. Pretty much half our team can beat the snot out of Subban, so I hope a coupe leafs take runs at him.

I'm hoping phaneuf lands a trademark hit on Maxipad as well

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Release Fraser, Orr, and McLaren all over them.

Hyenas.jpg

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Let's put McLaren through the Kamikaze training the Japanese used and have him ruin as many careers as possible. He'll go to jail, lose faith in humanity, find true love, get his faith back, become the leader of a small extremist faction in prison, use his charisma to take over the jailyard, lead a revolt, take over the prison and then make his triumphant return to the NHL and score the Stanley Cup clinching goal in 2018. We'd be stupid not to do it.

Asif16*

Let's put McLaren through the Kamikaze training the Japanese used and have him ruin as many careers as possible. He'll go to jail, lose faith in humanity, find true love, get his faith back, become the leader of a small extremist faction in prison, use his charisma to take over the jailyard, lead a revolt, take over the prison and then make his triumphant return to the NHL and score the Stanley Cup clinching goal in 2018. We'd be stupid not to do it.

lol WTF?? Hahaha

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

“Nazzy, that’s part of his game,†Carlyle said. “He’s got to have a personality out there and sometimes he rubs people the wrong way. But he’s got to defend his honour.â€

“I love it,†he said. “That’s the character of our team: Everyone sticks up for each other. Any single person on our team would do it for him, too, so I think that’s the big difference with this Maple Leaf group this year.â€

from the globe and mail
BcGVG.gif

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013

Find true love in prison?

Didn't work for Ballard HEYOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad