Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Leafs, time to lock up 5th seed

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDream

May 3, 2011
Ontario
First game at the ACC since we clinched. Beat the **** out of these powerpuff girls.

power-puff-girls-legit_o_240705.png

Gionta, Pacioretty, and Subban right here

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Hope they embarrass Price like they did in the last game! Well I do enjoy close fought games such as a 3-2 or 4-3 win instead of blow outs such as 6-0 or 5-1...

Either way, I hope they come out blazing like they did tonight.

I don't. I hope we just beat them in a boring, clinical game and Price continues to stink. Don't want to awaken him and have him go beastmode on us if we meet...

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
I've been preaching this for a while, but I'd love for one of these two line-ups seeing as it seemed Carlyle was trying to mix it up a little bit to get some of our slumping players (Kadri most notably).

Kulemin - Kadri - Kessel
Lupul - Grabovski - JVR
MacA - McClement/Bozak - Komorov
MacLaren - McClement/Bozak - Orr

- Gets Kadri on the top line to help Kessel and Kulemin there to helph their defensive play (Kadri is pretty good defensively, but with that much offense on line 1 it makes more sense to add a defensive Kulemin than adding offense (Lupul/JVR).

OR

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Kadri - Grabovski/MacA
Kulemin - McClement - Komorov/MacA
MacLaren - Colborne - Orr

Either put Grabo in an offensive spot or limit his time. Kadri being the playmaker with two shooting wingers (JVR and Grabo/MacA) could work well. IDK what to do with MacA though (possibly Komorov goes to line 4 and MacA takes over)

I prefer the first one, but if Carlyle won't separate Bozak from Kessel than the 2nd one will work for me. Thoughts?

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
This is actually a pretty big game, I'm pretty sure Washington will rest their top players since it'd be a pretty meaningless loss to Boston.. Which leaves the pressure on us to make sure we get these guys in the first round, AND to beat them convincingly to make for a good mentality heading into the playoffs..

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
Gotta get some bruises on subban. He's about the only player I'm scared of on the habs. Maybe a run or two at price wouldn't be bad either ;)

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Back in 02 Boston won their last game of the season to make sure the Leafs didn't play the Habs.

Wouldn't it be sad if this time around, Boston loses their next two that the ruin this match-up again?

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
All this matchup nonsense is giving me anxiety. Please I just wanna play Montreal. I want no part of Boston and especially no part of Washington PLEASE
I'm expecting the worst god why can't Saturday just come already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad