Post-Game Talk: Habs Fold like a Cheap Tent -- Pens Clinch Playoff Berth, 5-2

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't find it disturbing. When your go-to PK pairing is Benn-Alzner, you make history.

I said it before but, Bergevin built the team he deserve.

Or is it because, when your go-to D assistant coach is a Bergevin good buddy?

27iqn0.jpg

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
And of that 12-9-5, 10-1 vs the other dreg teams (Ott/Det/Buf). 2-8-5 vs. Tor/TB/Bos. Basically all that stood between this team and being 31st in the league was the fact that four of the worst 6 teams in the NHL were all in the Atlantic.

And vs current playoff bound teams, a quick count, shows they only have 7 wins.

Of note, when they had everyone playing at the start of the season they didn’t get their first win against a playoff bound team until game 14, a month into the season.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
For those interested there's only 7 players in the league with has many points has AG and playing less TOI than AG.

Wow, says something about AG. Thanks to Julien for putting him on the 4th line and limiting his minutes at the start of the season.

You can see how it's all paying off now.
puke.gif

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
27ipht.jpg

This is particularly disturbing for a team so heavily focused on defence led by a defensive-minded coach.

The Habs have one of the worst PK stats in away games, since 1977, when these stats have begun to be recorded.

To be more accurate, they have posted the second-worst PK percentage in the history of these stats.
puke.gif

What makes this worse is that all the other teams in this list are from the 70ies and 80ies ...

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Brutal D but the forwards are much more fun to watch than when we had Pacs & Pleks

Gally should wear the C and Chucky should be a C

Reactions: Habs178

Vern

Dec 9, 2013
So do you want us to tank or not? Maybe chuck should have played 5 more minutes and scored a couple goals maybe pulled off the win or a loser point. Is that what you want? The management has been tanking since preseason when they left 10m on the table, hell they didn't even bring back Markov!?! You want them to blow our shot at winning the lottery with 4 games left so Chucky can pad his personal stats which does absolutely nothing for us but inflate his next contract?

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
So do you want us to tank or not? Maybe chuck should have played 5 more minutes and scored a couple goals maybe pulled off the win or a loser point. Is that what you want? The management has been tanking since preseason when they left 10m on the table, hell they didn't even bring back Markov!?! You want them to blow our shot at winning the lottery with 4 games left so Chucky can pad his personal stats which does absolutely nothing for us but inflate his next contract?

Great post. If Habs gotta point tonight we’d hear how idiotic Julien is. We lose. Julien is an idiot
The smartest thing to do now is sit Galchenyuk and drouin. They’ve become close to and In Galchenyuk case a point per game in March when the season is lost

Clearedwaivers

Feb 27, 2017
I can't wait to see what improvements Bergevin makes to the team this summer. If he improves in the same way he did last summer, we should have a legitimate shot at drafting Hughes next year.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I can't wait to see what improvements Bergevin makes to the team this summer. If he improves in the same way he did last summer, we should have a legitimate shot at drafting Hughes next year.
Expect the unexpected

So I'm expecting the greatest offseason retooling in the history of all professional sports

Reactions: Clearedwaivers

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Drouin has an underrated shot

A large percentage of this league can shoot at a decent rate. Question is can they can they help create or create themselves scoring opportunities which Drouin has struggled his whole career in the NHL so far.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think I hate our management/ownership more than I hate the sens or leafs....hahahaha

Saturday evenings are always habs hockey for me...these jokers have just ruined it.

That's a good point. If you were to ask your HF user who he hates the most between this management group and any other team in the league, I believe the former would actually win by a significant margin.

Reactions: admiralcadillac

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
A large percentage of this league can shoot at a decent rate. Question is can they can they help create or create themselves scoring opportunities which Drouin has struggled his whole career in the NHL so far.

He can score 20 goals

On a good season he can get 30-40 assists that’s 60 points

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad