Post-Game Talk: Habs Fold like a Cheap Tent -- Pens Clinch Playoff Berth, 5-2

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Or is it because, when your go-to D assistant coach is a Bergevin good buddy?

27iqn0.jpg

uECa7Jn.png

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
He can score 20 goals

On a good season he can get 30-40 assists that’s 60 points

We need PMD’s or Centers more then 50-60 point wingers or 40 point centers. Those are the pieces that make a team and that’s what we gave up.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
A large percentage of this league can shoot at a decent rate. Question is can they can they help create or create themselves scoring opportunities which Drouin has struggled his whole career in the NHL so far.

Its bizarre that he seems so comfortable shooting from the left side, as a left handed shot. I cant think of another instance off the top of my head where players seem to prefer shooting from that side as a lefty.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Its bizarre that he seems so comfortable shooting from the left side, as a left handed shot. I cant think of another instance off the top of my head where players seem to prefer shooting from that side as a lefty.

Galchenyuk can launch a rocket from the right side and continues to play the left. I’m losing more faith in the people charge.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Galchenyuk can launch a rocket from the right side and continues to play the left. I’m losing more faith in the people charge.

In this case, I'm talking about the PP specifically. He needs that space to get his shot off.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
My favourite part of this game is that logan shaw played more minutes than chucky...

Now, doesn't that take the cake. L. Shaw is completely flammable and won't even be around next year. There are Logan Shaws on the wire every month.

Of course, don't give Galchenuk more ice time.
puke.gif

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
In this case, I'm talking about the PP specifically. He needs that space to get his shot off.

Galchenyuk? He needs to be playing the right side or Center to get that shot off. Playing the left side is a disadvantage.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Now, doesn't that take the cake. L. Shaw is completely flammable and won't even be around next year. There are Logan Shaws on the wire every month.

Of course, don't give Galchenuk more ice time.
puke.gif

There are 2 or 3 better players than Logan Shaw in pretty much every teams in the KHL and SEL ...

The guy is a dime a dozen player ... in the AHL. His AHL stats are the ones of a 3rd line AHL player. He has 53 points in 149 AHL games. This is good for a pace of 29 points every 82 games. That's Lars Eller production ... in the AHL.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
G0bias, all that white space on the bowl is begging for content ... how about we use this image as part of our descent into oblivion?

27iwl0.jpg

I added credit to you, for the artwork.

Your stuff is really good. Please feel free to contribute more.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
For those who missed the game, I added an excellent highlight link in the OP as suggested by Tricolore, that includes more than scoring plays and shows in an oversized HD format. Enjoy.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I don't the exact percentage but it feels like Drouin scores a lot of his goals on the LW or coming off the left wing. Pretty evident what position he should be playing.

Reactions: Redux91

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
1-2 i think

We got them right where we want them, Habs are close to a top 3 pick and losing their personal playoff series and then bam! A comeback that will forever be remembered in Montreal as the time the Habs screwed up their tank!

Reactions: Runner77

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
27ipht.jpg

This is particularly disturbing for a team so heavily focused on defence led by a defensive-minded coach.

The Habs have one of the worst PK stats in away games, since 1977, when these stats have begun to be recorded.

To be more accurate, they have posted the second-worst PK percentage in the history of these stats.
puke.gif

Wow. Another record of suckitude. They just keep pilling up. At some point, somebody in management is gonna have to acknowledge the huge elephant sitting in Bergy's office. I mean, are they all just clueless or at least a few of them are partially aware and no one has the guts to at least leave anonymous computer printed notes under his door with messages like "record setting collapse", "team record for shutouts against", "2nd worst record in 70 years", "worst GPG average in 2 decades", "2nd worst PK since stat is compiled... in the 70's"..

He probably gets an altered version when his secretary has to read the notes. Poor gal doesnt want to lose her job.

And what the frigging hell am I, saying? Computer written notes? As if. More like doodles, and even then the secretary needs to make **** up because she can't decipher the scribblings.

Im tired

Reactions: Runner77

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I don't the exact percentage but it feels like Drouin scores a lot of his goals on the LW or coming off the left wing. Pretty evident what position he should be playing.
That's to the untrained eye of someone posting on an internet fan board, it takes a real professional NHL manager to see past that and project him to be our #1C, you need to bow down in the presence of their greatness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->