Habs fans reaction in case of Nordiques return.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Didn't Detroit lobby hard to move to the eastern conference, essentially causing the 16-14 split in the first place? Hard to imagine they would reverse it now, as logical as it is.

I still think the league is jerking Qc around and is not keen on having a franchise there. Just my own feeling because it seems they set things up purposely to add two new franchises in the western conference but the plan is backfiring because Seattle is up in the air.

Unless the plan is to put Qc in that conference until Seattle gets their act together and then move Qc back to the Habs division and transfer Florida to Seattle. That would be my ideal scenario because Florida has too much potential and I don't want the Nords to be a force from day 1 with what will certainly be a more unbearable fan base than the Senators. :shakehead
Why does Qc have to get in immediately? Or at all. considering that its previous team fled? It would make more sense to add a new team (or two) to the West. Florida would certainly object to relocating. They have a larger population base than Seattle or Las Vegas or Qc), plus it would add to their travel costs. As for rivalries, Florida has one with TB.

angusyoung

Bersantai
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Why does Qc have to get in immediately? Or at all. considering that its previous team fled? It would make more sense to add a new team (or two) to the West. Florida would certainly object to relocating. They have a larger population base than Seattle or Las Vegas or Qc), plus it would add to their travel costs. As for rivalries, Florida has one with TB.

Rivalries come and go,some are always there,but still do diminish,they need to develop when teams are solid,otherwise....mute point.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Eklund nailed it a few days ago.

8 divisions of 4 teams.

The Canada East Division
Montreal
Quebec
Toronto
Ottawa

The US NorthEast Division
NY Islanders
NY Rangers
NJ Devils
Boston Bruins

The US Atlantic Division
Philadelphia
Washington
Pittsburgh
Columbus

The US South Division
Carolina
Nashville
Florida
Tampa

The Canada West Division
Edmonton
Calgary
Winnipeg
Vancouver

The US Lakes Division
Buffalo
Detroit
Chicago
Minnesota

The US Central Division
Dallas
St. Louis
Phoenix
Colorado

The US Western Division
LA
Anaheim
San Jose
Las Vegas

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
The North-East Division
Montreal
Quebec
Toronto
Ottawa
NY Islanders
NY Rangers
NJ Devils
Boston Bruins

The South-East Division
Philadelphia
Washington
Pittsburgh
Columbus
Carolina
Nashville
Florida
Tampa

The West Division
Edmonton
Calgary
Winnipeg
Vancouver
LA
Anaheim
San Jose
Las Vegas

The Central Division
Buffalo
Detroit
Chicago
Minnesota
Dallas
St. Louis
Phoenix
Colorado

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010

8 divisions of 4 teams.

The Canada East Division
Montreal
Quebec
Toronto
Ottawa

NY Islanders
NY Rangers
NJ Devils
Boston Bruins

The US Atlantic Division
Philadelphia
Washington
Pittsburgh
Columbus

The US South Division
Carolina
Nashville
Florida
Tampa

The Canada West Division
Edmonton
Calgary
Winnipeg
Vancouver

The US Lakes Division
Buffalo
Detroit
Chicago
Minnesota

The US Central Division
Dallas
St. Louis
Phoenix
Colorado

The US Western Division
LA
Anaheim
San Jose
Las Vegas

That South division will never survive. You can't put 4 relatively new, non-traditional small market teams together in one division and expect those markets to thrive financially. Those teams are barely looked at as hockey teams by the main stream hockey media now. Put them in their own division and you might as well call it the "Red-headed Southern Hockey Step Children's Never to be seen on National TV again Division." That would be putrid...just awful from a marketing standpoint.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I'll be glad.Especially since the Boston-Montreal rivalry is due to slow down for a couple of years until both team can be competitive at the same point in time.

The best scenario is if Toronto, Boston, Quebec and Montreal are all contenders.

freiheit

Sep 11, 2009
Saguenay
With the political instability in Quebec how can Gary Bettman assure the NHL that Nordiques or maybe they should be called Le Blocs will be a solid addition?
This is a fair question and concern for 30 NHL teams!

If you think there's current instability in Quebec politics, you must be living on another planet. With 12 years of almost uninterrupted Liberal ruling, I don't see much instability. By the way, did you notice that the Bloc is by all means gone?

Non factor.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
The North-East Division
Montreal
Quebec
Toronto
Ottawa
NY Islanders
NY Rangers
NJ Devils
Boston Bruins

The South-East Division
Philadelphia
Washington
Pittsburgh
Columbus
Carolina
Nashville
Florida
Tampa

The West Division
Edmonton
Calgary
Winnipeg
Vancouver
LA
Anaheim
San Jose
Las Vegas

The Central Division
Buffalo
Detroit
Chicago
Minnesota
Dallas
St. Louis
Phoenix
Colorado

Oh man, Detroit, and especially Buffalo, would give the proverbial middle finger to that realignment...

Tarasenko

Unregistered User
Oct 11, 2011
The North-East Division
Montreal
Quebec
Toronto
Ottawa
NY Islanders
NY Rangers
NJ Devils
Boston Bruins

The South-East Division
Philadelphia
Washington
Pittsburgh
Columbus
Carolina
Nashville
Florida
Tampa

The West Division
Edmonton
Calgary
Winnipeg
Vancouver
LA
Anaheim
San Jose
Las Vegas

The Central Division
Buffalo
Detroit
Chicago
Minnesota
Dallas
St. Louis
Phoenix
Colorado

Most ridiculous realignment I've seen so far :handclap:

Daice

Jun 30, 2009
I hope Nordiques never come back, so Labeaume can look like an idiot, and be put in jail next to PKP for the ridiculous, illegal deal they made to build their ugly arena.

My hate for corruption and PKP is bigger than the love I'll have hating an old rival.

Sadly i'm in such minority, taxpayers get made love to again, without them saying or even knowing they got made love to.

Hopefully on day the scandal will come out, and those who **** us go to jail.:rant:

Even if they do come back, it will only be a matter of time before they fail again. once the honeymoon goes away, and Quebec's economy won't be able to support a team.... again.
I'll enjoy, ENJOY seeing their corruption arena crumble into pieces.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I said my piece in the Nords thread in the business section:

I've been a Habs fan all my life even when all my friends were Nords fans, even after the Hunter and Stastny goals. But the mix of being down on my team lately and all the positive energy the Nords will bring to my city, I will probably be "forced" to switch.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I hope Nordiques never come back, so Labeaume can look like an idiot, and be put in jail next to PKP for the ridiculous, illegal deal they made to build their ugly arena.

My hate for corruption and PKP is bigger than the love I'll have hating an old rival.

Sadly i'm in such minority, taxpayers get made love to again, without them saying or even knowing they got made love to.

Hopefully on day the scandal will come out, and those who **** us go to jail.:rant:

Even if they do come back, it will only be a matter of time before they fail again. once the honeymoon goes away, and Quebec's economy won't be able to support a team.... again.

First of all : made love to ... ?!?!?! Awesome :)

Second : Montreal is really an exception amongst new arenas. Pretty much everywhere else, arenas are built, at least partly, with tax dollars.

Tarasenko

Unregistered User
Oct 11, 2011

Which scandal are you talking about?
And Quebec never was in a situation where they weren't able to support the team. The management weren't ready to suffer from 2-3 straight years with losses because of the weak dollar. They got a huge offer and sell the team.
Things have now changed a lot in the NHL, I don't see how Quebec couldn't sustain a team in the modern NHL.

Take off your Montreal pink glasses for a bit.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto

8 divisions of 4 teams.

The Canada East Division
Montreal
Quebec
Toronto
Ottawa

NY Islanders
NY Rangers
NJ Devils
Boston Bruins

The US Atlantic Division
Philadelphia
Washington
Pittsburgh
Columbus

The US South Division
Carolina
Nashville
Florida
Tampa

The Canada West Division
Edmonton
Calgary
Winnipeg
Vancouver

The US Lakes Division
Buffalo
Detroit
Chicago
Minnesota

The US Central Division
Dallas
St. Louis
Phoenix
Colorado

The US Western Division
LA
Anaheim
San Jose
Las Vegas

That would be perfect. 6 games against division teams (6x3=18), 4 games against conference teams (4x12=48) and 1 game against other conference teams (1x16=16). That's 82 games.

kalvador

Awaiting moderation
Sep 14, 2007
I'd hate them automatically and would enjoy every win against them!
However I'm a little bit biased since I hate anything owned by the Quebecor empire.

I wonder if the players of both teams will instantly jump into the Québec-Montréal rivalry or if it'll take some time for them to understand it.

Les Habitants

Jul 21, 2010
Montreal
That would be perfect. 6 games against division teams (6x3=18), 4 games against conference teams (4x12=48) and 1 game against other conference teams (1x16=16). That's 82 games.

I don't like every city not seeing every team. there should be at least a home and away with every team.

8 X 3(Division) 24
2 X 28 (REST OF LEAGUE) 56
2 LOTTERY CHOSEN GAMES 2
Total Games 82

Thats just me

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
I don't like every city not seeing every team. there should be at least a home and away with every team.

8 X 3(Division) 24
2 X 28 (REST OF LEAGUE) 56
2 LOTTERY CHOSEN GAMES 2
Total Games 82

Thats just me

The 16 games against teams from the other conference would be 8 home and 8 visitor. They would switch these home/visitor games every year. But I get your point. While we don't care about playing Phoenix and Vegas, these teams probably want to see more teams from the East. I'm all for creating more rivalry instead of diluting it tho.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

8 divisions of 4 teams.

The Canada East Division
Montreal
Quebec
Toronto
Ottawa

NY Islanders
NY Rangers
NJ Devils
Boston Bruins

The US Atlantic Division
Philadelphia
Washington
Pittsburgh
Columbus

The US South Division
Carolina
Nashville
Florida
Tampa

The Canada West Division
Edmonton
Calgary
Winnipeg
Vancouver

The US Lakes Division
Buffalo
Detroit
Chicago
Minnesota

The US Central Division
Dallas
St. Louis
Phoenix
Colorado

The US Western Division
LA
Anaheim
San Jose
Las Vegas

Boston would never support a divisional realignment which takes them away from montreal.

Stanley Cup

Bettman's ice bucket
Jul 15, 2010
Québec

1) The deal is legal
2) What corruption?
3) Citizens of QC got the largest part of the bill, why are you crying?
4) See 1
5) Quebec's economy is in a much better shape right now than Montreal, on a per capita basis. Unemployment is at 5.3% and growth is solid.

But clearly, you're an expert. NHL shouldn't go back to QC.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
some nice concepts

ChristianLegault-QUE.png

ChristianLegault-QUE.png

JordanRoberts-QUE.png

ChristianLegault-QUE%2528ExpansionProject%2529.png

retro :

PatrikGustafsson-QUE.png

Ad

Upcoming events