Post-Game Talk: Habs can't tank for beans, earn loser point in Shootout vs. Bolts

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
If Benn plays here the next season people can stop with the kids must deserve to play, the kids this the kids that. They must learn ...

Jordie benn deserves to be in the AHL next season.

Reactions: Pickles

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Didn't even know this was an early game. Probably for the best that I missed the game since the Montreal loser points were back at it again with yet another useless point. Meh.

Reactions: Runner77

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Some positives. Hudon has played better as the season has gone along. That's a good development. Often rookies get off to hot starts & then fade. He's been the opposite.

Lernout didn't shit the bed. Left that up to Benn again. Decent game from our 3rd rounder who looked awful his previous time up. May be hope for him yet.

Reactions: Habs Icing

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Yes. A goalie who had a down season after 4 top five Vezina finishes in 7 years is comparable.
A down season. Yeah that’s it. Just a down season at prime age for a goalie. With no clearly defined injury. Keep up the hope man.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
A down season. Yeah that’s it. Just a down season at prime age for a goalie. With no clearly defined injury. Keep up the hope man.

What’s your arguement? It’s a down year. What does prime age have to do with anything? Lots of players in their prime have bad years. Is Kopitar a bum because he scored 12 goals in a “prime season” last year?

Reactions: Pickles and Peanut

JCR

Mar 21, 2016
There's still 14 games to end this misery...April 8th is too far away, please come rapidly!

If we were in other circumstances, I would rant Benn a lot, for his play, that gave Bolts the tie, but right now, there's no need to spend any kind of energy on that, lets hope he's out of this team in the off-season, that's what I wish for!

We are still 9 points away from the last place, with Arizona playing and losing right now, and this useless point obtained today, didn't help on that, below us we have Canucks, Senators, Sabres and Coyotes, lets hope they could somehow win games, not expected, but magic things could happen, that's what we wish for, but the reality should be, Habs needs to tank, that's what matters right now, but it's hard to beat players pride and shame, for losing games, they're pros, and losing 5-0 against Panthers, for sure did hurt the players pride, and that is why they did an above average game today!

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
What’s your arguement? It’s a down year. What does prime age have to do with anything? Lots of players in their prime have bad years. Is Kopitar a bum because he scored 12 goals in a “prime season” last year?
Price is supposed to be a superstar right?

Superstar goalies are absolutely consistent. Year after year. Unless there is an obvious injury. They don’t have ‘down’ years.

f*** I’m getting sick of the price excuses here.

I never liked the pick at number 5.

Price is a curse on this team. Without him they would have had to rebuild and find a no 1 c 5 years ago.

And now price does f*** all. Price is the thing I dislike the most about this team. By far. And now at 10.5 mill for 8 years. What a nightmare.

Last edited:
Reactions: mariolemieux66

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
In the post-game interview, Julien was raving about his goalie making a terrific save in OT. His idea of tanking is getting as many loser points as possible so his coaching record in terms of wins and real losses remain unchanged until the end of this regular season.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

Superstar goalies are absolutely consistent. Year after year. Unless there is an obvious injury. They don’t have ‘down’ years.

See Holtby this season. Lundqvist last season. Bobrovski two years ago. Some goalies sometimes have down years.

The only goalie that has looked good on this team this season is Niemi... who's also the guy who's looked so bad on other teams that he was moved twice.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Goalies are never consistent. Literally every top goalie has had off years. Holtby, Schinder, Bobrovsky, Lundqvist, Rinne, Rask. But that's why you should never give them massive contracts.
As people say price is a superstar and franchise player, I was thinking more Brodeur and hasek. As that is the category he seems to be placed in by some here.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

**** I’m getting sick of the price excuses here.

I never liked the pick at number 5.

Price is a curse on this team. Without him they would have had to rebuild and find a no 1 c 5 years ago.

And now price does **** all. Price is the thing I dislike the most about this team. By far.

What excuses are you talking about? You’re writing him off in his early 30’s because of one bad season. This whole obsession fans have with the whole “Superstar” or “Best in the world” label is ridiculous. Who cares what the media or certain fans say. If you can name a “superstar” goalie that has played on a team even close to as weak as the one we iced this year, please name them instead of just making a bold statement. Montreal fans are funny when it comes to this. People pump up one of our players tires and then a specific part of the fanbase starts whining like they’re Toronto fans.

We likely are better off without Price masking a lot of things the last 4 or 5 years, but that’s on management, not him. If we traded him tomorrow, I don’t think a lot of people would complain as it would be a step in the right direction as building around a goalie is flawed to begin with. Management handed him the blank cheque, that’s not on him. He’d be clinically insane not to take $70 million is guaranteed money. He had a firm grip on their nuts because he performed and they deserved to get bend over with how long they allowed it to go on for. You making it sound like Price is some unredeemable piece because of 43 games where he didn’t play well just sounds ridiculous. Let it play out more then one year before you come to the conclusion he’s finished. A poster a page back just named several goalies who have had down years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad