Post-Game Talk: Habs can't tank for beans, earn loser point in Shootout vs. Bolts

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I remember in the year of Laine's draft I suggested Patch+9th OA for Laine. Almost everyone told me it was silly to bank on a kid outscoring Pacioretty who was a top 5 goal scorer in the NHL.... lol.

Laine was sure-fire pick, so I don’t think you’re wrong there at all.

Hopefully we sell off on Patches at the draft and try to rebuild cause this team is just a mess man.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I'm seriously starting to think the Habs should sign him. And I'm juggling with the idea of Niemi and Lindgren next year. Unloading Price and Patches in the off season. Would go a long way to fill those two top centers and top d spots.

Yet....it's extremely easy to think that Lindgren would never develop as we think he could....and extremely easy to think that Niemi could go back at being the sieve that I think he should. Frankly, somehow, if we trade both guys....try to get a young goalie in return like....Thatcher Demko. Just to be sure.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Surprised? I'm not. BTW always liked him but he's a 10-15 points 4th line player. What you saw of him earlier he can't do it over 82 games. It's like Niemi right now he can't do that for 50-60 games.
I'm not in the least surprised. I called it since the beginning in fact. He was fighting for a contract, like any fringe player.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I'm seriously starting to think the Habs should sign him. And I'm juggling with the idea of Niemi and Lindgren next year. Unloading Price and Patches in the off season. Would go a long way to fill those two top centers and top d spots.

You don’t want Niemi as someone we really do comit to a tank. He’s one of the most inconsistent goaltenders you can find if you go off of his career. Hot for stretches, and ice cold for others.

Reactions: Peanut

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Laine was sure-fire pick, so I don’t think you’re wrong there at all.

Hopefully we sell off on Patches at the draft and try to rebuild cause this team is just a mess man.
Laine would get ripped apart by Montréal medias. .yes he scores but he is not a karakter guy who will be all out effort. He coast alot

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Julien not wanting to give news about Danault... Doesn't sound good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad