Habs bizarre record

Status
Not open for further replies.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It was pointed out to me that the Habs just cannot beat the non playoff teams to date.

Against teams below the playoff bar, the habs are 1-5-1. Conversely, they are 7-0-2 against the teams above it

I almost feel as though this this could be unprecedented territory, so I was wondering if any other teams have something similar going on.

Reactions: PuckThumper11

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
All i know is the Habs are 2-o against the Leafs like the guy above me said, plus they are 3-o against the cup finalists. Even better. But yet some B's fans said we only take advantage of the weakened teams....lol

I believe you, but the only people I’ve seen saying the Habs only take advantage of weak teams are Habs fans oddly enough.

Either way it’s wrong.

It’s a pretty intriguing statistic the Canadiens currently have. Is it a product of them being better than anyone expected? Or perhaps it is because current “non-playoff teams” will not actually be the non-playoff teams come the end of the year. Or perhaps they are being taken too lightly by teams such as my Bruins, who laid another egg against Detroit of all teams last night.

Only time will tell, but as an opposing rival fan, I am very interested to see how it plays out.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Keep beating the Leafs.

I like watching the Leafs lose.

giphy.gif

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
"Grandfather," my future progeny will ask me, "tell us what hockey was like back in the 21st century. Back before steroid injections were mandatory."

"What was hockey like?" I chuckle. What can I tell these innocent children, who know nothing of the world before the cyborg uprising? "I'll tell you the only thing you need to know. There was once a club in a nation named Canada, a place that today is East Beijing, and they were called the Montreal Canadiens."

"Did they have a better record against playoff teams than non-playoff teams?" ask the youth. "Did they have a general manager who traded every 1st round pick they ever made? Did they have a media that contextualized all franchise moves in the greater political dialogue about Quebec separatism? Did they have a fanbase that didn't lose their hubris even as the team slid into greater and greater obscurity?"

"Yes," I reply proudly. "They had all of those things. And they started the 2019 to 2020 season 2-0 against the Leafs."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad