Injury Report: 2023 - 2024 Injury Thread HF's New longest ever thread

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
just from these videos he looks at least a month away from being able to jump in a playoff series though
I've worked with paid professional power skating instructors (Stephanie Hanlon - years ago). Landy has a ways to go. It looks to these eyes like a long ways.

Let's just stop talking about this nonsense of him playing in an upcoming series.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I've worked with paid professional power skating instructors (Stephanie Hanlon - years ago). Landy has a ways to go. It looks to these eyes like a long ways.

Let's just stop talking about this nonsense of him playing in an upcoming series.
Do we really think what the Avs show us is legit, though? For all we know, Landeskog is skating elsewhere on his own and really pushing it. Remember, we didn't even find out Drouin sliced his leg until Montreal media reported it.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Do we really think what the Avs show us is legit, though? For all we know, Landeskog is skating elsewhere on his own and really pushing it. Remember, we didn't even find out Drouin sliced his leg until Montreal media reported it.
Exactly. We can't trust anything, because we simply don't know. This organization works mysterious ways.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I can only evaluate what I am shown. But I see no reason for the Avs and Landeskog to purposely make a special effort to deceive Evan Rawals and the folks who follow his insightful reports.

Martineau to Landeskog: "Hey Landy, remember when you take the ice tomorrow to skate as slow and crappy and you possibly can. Evan Rawals will be at the rink.." lol

thedoctor

                    
Aug 28, 2007
I can only evaluate what I am shown. But I see no reason for the Avs and Landeskog to purposely make a special effort to deceive Evan Rawals and the folks who follow his insightful reports.

Martineau to Landeskog: "Hey Landy, remember when you take the ice tomorrow to skate as slow and crappy and you possibly can. Evan Rawals will be at the rink.." lol
I'm not saying this is what's happening with Landy, but you're absolutely kidding yourself if you don't think this sort of game is commonplace. The Leaves were actively putting out "Matthews won't play" stuff and working to make it seem he wasn't ready with various actions in the public sessions just yesterday.

Landy could absolutely be going much harder in non-public sessions, in fact, it seems most likely to me that's how they'd play it. When he's showing up to practices in sweats, that's obviously not a stealth ramp up. I'm watching for him to show up at the same time as closed practices in full gear to "work out individually." That's probably the best indication he might be ramping up.

The point is I highly doubt we'll see him practice a bunch with the team at full speed regardless of whether he's close or not. I still highly doubt we see him anytime soon, but looking to the videos of his drills as indications of whether he's close to returning isn't telling us much imo. It would look just the same as him slowly ramping up and not being close if the Avs aren't complete dumbasses.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Eric Lacroix said that whenever Landy is physically ready you have to add at bare minimum 2 to 3 weeks of full practice with the team. Missing 2 years is no joke.

Last edited:

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Maybe for Eric Lacroix. If Landeskog is given the ok by doctors, he is not practicing for 2-3 weeks before playing. Come on now
Yeah. I mean Landy would've been with the team all the time. Not every day, but it's not like he's out of the loop on where our systems are at. You don't forget how to shoot, stick handle, and some of that you probably could've done all this time recovering.

Two years away from playing in the NHL is no joke I agree, but there's nothing that 2-3 weeks worth of practice will do to improve it. Getting close to his original level (if that's even possible, I doubt) takes much longer than that, but as soon as he's healthy enough he should be good to go with few practises.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

Exactly. It's a body double from Aurora named Brent. Cloak and daggers.

Reactions: dahrougem2

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Maybe for Eric Lacroix. If Landeskog is given the ok by doctors, he is not practicing for 2-3 weeks before playing. Come on now
I fully believe that.

If he's cleared at the 1 year mark that's when he'll really start to ramp up. First harder skating, then noncontact practice, then full practice, then maybe a game. Late May, early June at the earliest.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
If Lando is coming back during the playoffs my guess is sometime in round 3 if we get there. Lines would be interesting.

If it were me:

Drouin - Mack - Nuke
Lehk - Mitts - Mikko
Lando - Colton - Wood
Parise - Trenin - Duhaime
Cogs, Kivi

1714948434956.gif

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
It’s 100% happening and been like that for about 6 weeks now.

I’ve shared it with some on this forum in private.
Like some of us thought it makes a lot of sense that the Avs would hide his recovery status from opponents. Even an 80% Landy is a great boost for this team.

Now let's get Drouin back as well. Let's Go!!!!!!!

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

avalanche_country

Mar 3, 2004
Denver, CO
One thing I worry about Landy is at what point is a setback or undoing the surgery out of the picture. Basically when is he as healthy as he will ever get in that knee

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
One thing I worry about Landy is at what point is a setback or undoing the surgery out of the picture. Basically when is he as healthy as he will ever get in that knee
That's just being an Avs fan. I still held my breath every time Bo got hit. I still think anytime Makar goes down and doesn't immediately get back up, that he's done for the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad