Habs bizarre record

Status
Not open for further replies.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I believe you, but the only people I’ve seen saying the Habs only take advantage of weak teams are Habs fans oddly enough.

Either way it’s wrong.

It’s a pretty intriguing statistic the Canadiens currently have. Is it a product of them being better than anyone expected? Or perhaps it is because current “non-playoff teams” will not actually be the non-playoff teams come the end of the year. Or perhaps they are being taken too lightly by teams such as my Bruins, who laid another egg against Detroit of all teams last night.

Only time will tell, but as an opposing rival fan, I am very interested to see how it plays out.

Regarding your point of whether those non playoff teams will continue to be non playoff teams, the habs have faced:

Minnesota, San Jose, Dallas, Detroit, Tampa, philly

Tampa is a team that will come out, and I believe Dallas will too. They caught Dallas in the midst of their hot streak.

Philly is probably one of those bubble teams that can go either way. As for SJ, who knows? I thought they would be a playoff team coming in, but they have been pretty bad so far.

Montreal has outright lost to Minny, and Detroit though, who I think are more than probable of not being a playoff contenders.

Based on the pattern, the habs will lay an egg tonight against LA.

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
It was pointed out to me that the Habs just cannot beat the non playoff teams to date.

Against teams below the playoff bar, the habs are 1-5-1. Conversely, they are 7-0-2 against the teams above it

I almost feel as though this this could be unprecedented territory, so I was wondering if any other teams have something similar going on.

The Senators are bad and almost every team should beat them, but they know that, so they don't really show up. This is why the Sens have managed to get so many points and their goal differential isn't that bad.

Montreal is the team that doesn't show up.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I must have missed the memo on this 2-0 thing. Feels like something that had legs in another thread.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
No matter what happens the rest of the year, this season has already been a success for the Habs.

2-0 against the Leaves.

Nothing else really matters tbh.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
This might be a good point to point out that the leafs are 0 and 2 vs the Habs
Which is cool considering the habs are 2 and 0 vs the ´leafs

Lexicon

Dec 7, 2006
No clue
Just wanted to add the Habs are 2-0 against the Leafs; I believe this hasnt been mentioned yet.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
This might be a good point to point out that the leafs are 0 and 2 vs the Habs
Which is cool considering the habs are 2 and 0 vs the ´leafs

Actually, as has been pointed out the Leafs are 0-1-1 vs the Habs, but you are correct in that the Habs are 2-0 vs the leafs

illpucks

May 26, 2011
opens thread
Filter by posts about "Habs record vs Leafs"

FilthyShadyCaterpillar-size_restricted.gif
Where is that gif from?

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Whoever made the Leafs schedule must have been a Habs fan.

The Habs play the Leafs 4 times this season. Three times, the Leafs are on the second night of a back to back. Which means the backup is probably playing who hasn't won a game since Jan. 2019. The only exception is the last game of the season where the Leafs will most likely be resting players. Guess they got tired of the Leafs sweeping the Habs. Seems pretty unusual for 'rivalry games' which are usually promoted by the NHL.

Reactions: Vaive50

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
All I know is that the Habs are 2-0 vs the Leefs. That’s good enough for me.

Make the playoffs. If the laefs miss, I need to see the chaos that ensues. That chaos will feed me, I need it for cellular respiration.
Meanwhile, we don't even think about your team

Puckluck13

Sep 28, 2019
All I know is that the Habs are 2-0 vs the Leefs. That’s good enough for me.

Make the playoffs. If the laefs miss, I need to see the chaos that ensues. That chaos will feed me, I need it for cellular respiration.

Only an Oilers fan would feel joy in the Leafs not making the playoffs. Very sad.

Especially when Oilers will definitely miss. Guess you need something to feel good about.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Meanwhile, we don't even think about your team
Only an Oilers fan would feel joy in the Leafs not making the playoffs. Very sad.

Especially when Oilers will definitely miss. Guess you need something to feel good about.
Anyways

Back to the thread, it is an interesting topic. Astounding actually.

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Whoever made the Leafs schedule must have been a Habs fan.

The Habs play the Leafs 4 times this season. Three times, the Leafs are on the second night of a back to back. Which means the backup is probably playing who hasn't won a game since Jan. 2019. The only exception is the last game of the season where the Leafs will most likely be resting players. Guess they got tired of the Leafs sweeping the Habs. Seems pretty unusual for 'rivalry games' which are usually promoted by the NHL.

Virtually every game went to OT last year. The one that didn't was decided in the last minute of the 3rd period.

The last game was the first time there was a decisive win for either side in a long time no matter what the schedule said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad