Habs bizarre record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
I know a lot more then the Leafs record against the team from Montreal. Seems like it's the only thing some fans know which, quite frankly, doesn't surprise me.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Posting in a legendary thread, but still wondering what is Toronto record against Montreal this year. I know the Habs are 2-0 against them, but still missing some pieces of information to solve that other part of the puzzle.

Reactions: Snowpants

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
All I know is that the Habs are 2-0 vs the Leefs. That’s good enough for me.

Make the playoffs. If the laefs miss, I need to see the chaos that ensues. That chaos will feed me, I need it for cellular respiration.
Leafs living rent free, you LOVE to see it

PuckThumper11

Nov 6, 2019
After reading this thread, I did some research. It turns out, the Habs are 2-0 against the Leafs. Who knew?

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Whoever made the Leafs schedule must have been a Habs fan.

The Habs play the Leafs 4 times this season. Three times, the Leafs are on the second night of a back to back. Which means the backup is probably playing who hasn't won a game since Jan. 2019. The only exception is the last game of the season where the Leafs will most likely be resting players. Guess they got tired of the Leafs sweeping the Habs. Seems pretty unusual for 'rivalry games' which are usually promoted by the NHL.
Someone want to give this guy a towel.:cry:

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Only an Oilers fan would feel joy in the Leafs not making the playoffs. Very sad.

Especially when Oilers will definitely miss. Guess you need something to feel good about.
Not true.Not only Oiler fans.
Fans of every other team not called the Leafs would have extreme joy seeing the Leafs not making the playoffs.

Reactions: Anglesmith

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Nothing new here, it’s been years since Montreal somehow puts up good performances against good team and gets beated by bottoms feeders!

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I know a lot more then the Leafs record against the team from Montreal. Seems like it's the only thing some fans know which, quite frankly, doesn't surprise me.

If you pay attention to too many things at once, you can miss important details like how the Habs are 2-0 against the Leafs right now.

Reactions: Boud

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Being 2-0 vs the defending Stanley Cup champion blues is much more impressive and than being 2-0 vs an up and down leaf team.

St Louis only has 3 regulation losses on the season and 2 of them are from Montreal.

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Breaking News: Researchers from the university of Berkeley, California have finally determined the origins of life and Montreal’s record against Toronto so far this season.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Here's the thing. Any team is going to have some weirdness in their numbers this early in the year. But they're at least beating the better teams. Some teams can't even do that. The only thing that worries me about that organization going forward is Price and his contract. Will he be able to cruise in that .915-.920 range for the next few years? Only time will tell, I suppose. Lehkonen looks good. Every game, Drouin makes something happen. And they still have Kotkaniemi, Poehling, and Suzuki as blue chips. Feel free to correct me Habs fans but there's a lot to like about the future of the team. So what does it matter that their record is a little wonky this early on? Zilch. Every year we have overreaction threads and much hand wringing over this kind of stuff. Really it's barely noteworthy. Oh, and before I go, read the first letter of every sentence.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud

The Habs play the Leafs 4 times this season. Three times, the Leafs are on the second night of a back to back. Which means the backup is probably playing who hasn't won a game since Jan. 2019. The only exception is the last game of the season where the Leafs will most likely be resting players. Guess they got tired of the Leafs sweeping the Habs. Seems pretty unusual for 'rivalry games' which are usually promoted by the NHL.

I'm surprised it took almost 2 pages to get there.

vwbm

Aug 27, 2013
really useless thread habs currently playing ok
but the leaf hatred over 2 wins by your toilet seat team over a tired team playing their backup doesnt equate to being overly gung ho over 2 wins.

If you lost both while playing a rested team the excuses on your end the tears would be flowing.

Before you accuse me of crying do know results show team playing tired or the night before loses a hell of a lot more then not.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
It was pointed out to me that the Habs just cannot beat the non playoff teams to date.

Against teams below the playoff bar, the habs are 1-5-1. Conversely, they are 7-0-2 against the teams above it

I almost feel as though this this could be unprecedented territory, so I was wondering if any other teams have something similar going on.

Sounds like a team that is playing down to weaker teams as if they aren't that interested while when playing against good teams they are excited and play better.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Here's the thing. Any team is going to have some weirdness in their numbers this early in the year. But they're at least beating the better teams. Some teams can't even do that. The only thing that worries me about that organization going forward is Price and his contract. Will he be able to cruise in that .915-.920 range for the next few years? Only time will tell, I suppose. Lehkonen looks good. Every game, Drouin makes something happen. And they still have Kotkaniemi, Poehling, and Suzuki as blue chips. Feel free to correct me Habs fans but there's a lot to like about the future of the team. So what does it matter that their record is a little wonky this early on? Zilch. Every year we have overreaction threads and much hand wringing over this kind of stuff. Really it's barely noteworthy. Oh, and before I go, read the first letter of every sentence.

I believe this is a message straight from the gods.

7even 2:0 Habs

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing

Ok boomer

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Sounds like a team that is playing down to weaker teams as if they aren't that interested while when playing against good teams they are excited and play better.
they do. top 5 offence right now + 5 on 5 play....we're in a league of parity...habs aren't contenders yet but they can beat the elite teams if they're allowed to play with outright pace. teams like SJ and minny (habs blew a late lead vs them) and detroit clogged up the neutral zone. If team collapses vs habs, put 5 in neutral zone and and keep them to the outside, they have a good chance of winning

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Goalies are tough to predict, but the habs have a really solid prospect in Cayden Primeau (Keith Primeau's kid). Other than that, there's not much to speak of in terms of the future behind Price.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
What's happened to this site over the years? This used to be a place where I could come and get real unbiased opinions from various fans of different teams. Somehow over time it has basically turned into a place where people only talk about one thing. It's frustrating and serves little to no use. And now it's basically a self serving model of crap utilizing the same tired and true jokes over and over again. Furthermore the Habs are 2 and 0 vs the Leafs.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
What's happened to this site over the years? This used to be a place where I could come and get real unbiased opinions from various fans of different teams. Somehow over time it has basically turned into a place where people only talk about one thing. It's frustrating and serves little to no use. And now it's basically a self serving model of crap utilizing the same tired and true jokes over and over again. Furthermore the Habs are 2 and 0 vs the Leafs.
You’re wrong. It was always like this :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad