Speculation: Guys, What are we going to do with Kadri now?

FelixPotvin29

Oct 21, 2012
Personally Id trade him but you need good value for him and I think hes earned it.

Maybe Carolina would be open to a Kadri for Pesce swap.

Matthews
Tavares
Nylander

Rielly - Pesce
Muzzin - Zaitsev
Dermott- ?

Works for me and stabilizes our cap

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I am not here saying that he's a perfect scapegoat because of what he did in one game. He has had a long career of letting his team down. His next suspension will come and will be even longer. I know he's not a bad person, but he's certainly a bad team mate. I'm sure some team will trade for him, but we are going to lose that trade all day long.

Can you give any reason why TOR should keep him around?
He is good and the team likes him

Reactions: TmlHockeyFan

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Kadri is a potential inexpensive #2 center on another team. He has a 10 team no-trade list he can submit.
The Leafs might be a very attractive option for UFA and unsigned European players as well. The Leafs
might be able to sign Marner trade others away for draft picks and prospects and still be able to fill the
roster with a competitive team.

Reactions: Pookie

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Because he's on a good contract and gives us great center depth?

I can see not being able to trust him anymore and possibly moving him because of it, but if you can't think of any reason to keep him around, I'm not sure what to say.

Especially when center depth in the system isn't a strength. Doesn't quite compute..

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Personally Id trade him but you need good value for him and I think hes earned it.

Maybe Carolina would be open to a Kadri for Pesce swap.

Matthews
Tavares
Nylander

Rielly - Pesce
Muzzin - Zaitsev
Dermott- ?

Works for me and stabilizes our cap

Trade yes.

Return will be cap space and picks and prospects.

All valuable.

Reactions: CelticDruid

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Because he's on a good contract and gives us great center depth?

I can see not being able to trust him anymore and possibly moving him because of it, but if you can't think of any reason to keep him around, I'm not sure what to say.

He’s played 6 playoff games in 2 years while the team has played 14.

Time to move on.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I know we are all leaf fans here. I know there are emotional attachments involved. I just want people to know that IMHO Toronto will lose this trade. Why? Because other teams know about his baggage. They will never give someone to TOR who is of equal value. "Repeat Offender" is Kadri's title to carry around with him now.

ManosArriba

Oct 24, 2017
As much as I like Kadri it is in his best interest to get out of Toronto. If I am Kadri I want to be playing at least a #2 role with linemates that arent a blackhole offensively. He is a screwing himself for his next contract if he sticks around here playing a depth role with Marleau on his wing.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Time for Kadri to move on to greener pastures.

He will be a detriment to this team now that his suspensions have gotten out of hand.

For most of the year he was just floating with hardly any physicality displayed, unfortunately, his cheap shots have come when the team has needed him most.

His skating is also becoming an issue. Time to trade him for a 2nd pairing D.

Last edited:

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
I agree, I think this is a situation where Leafs are better without Naz and Naz is prob better without Leafs. He just doesn't produce like we need him to, and he isn't getting the minutes he has probably earned over the years. I think he's a decent 3C but I don't want to pay him 4.5 mil when we could prob get someone comparable for 2.5ish.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I know we are all leaf fans here. I know there are emotional attachments involved. I just want people to know that IMHO Toronto will lose this trade. Why? Because other teams know about his baggage. They will never give someone to TOR who is of equal value. "Repeat Offender" is Kadri's title to carry around with him now.

He's not getting traded so what's your point?

Who are you putting at 3c?

Kadri was drafted by the Leafs, he's been through a lot of growing up, he keeps growing up and doing what he's asked, he is on a sweetheart contract because he bleeds blue and white.

You want to throw that guy by the wayside? Really?

Do people really think he did anything that bad? He got suspended because he's a target, and that's what he needs to work on is not falling for it.

The dude is not Matt Cooke, he's just playing his game and getting caught up in the bs and sure that's on him, fair enough I guess. Just saying it's an easy fix for him to play within the rules for now on and I wouldn't give up on him.

I'd be very disappointed if the Leafs traded him but I doubt they will.

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
I love a lot of what Kadri does and is capable of doing in the future. That said, it's time for him to take his out of control nonsense someplace else. He's been given enough chances on this team.

Reactions: Leafsfan74

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

Kadri was drafted by the Leafs, he's been through a lot of growing up, he keeps growing up and doing what he's asked, he is on a sweetheart contract because he bleeds blue and white.

Do people really think he did anything that bad? He got suspended because he's a target, and that's what he needs to work on is not falling for it.

The dude is not Matt Cooke, he's just playing his game and getting caught up in the bs and sure that's on him, fair enough I guess. Just saying it's an easy fix for him to play within the rules for now on and I wouldn't give up on him.

They could move him for value. He is totally lost here as 3C. We roll our lines (stupidly) and dontnplay him in a match up role.

Combined with his age. Value. Salary. Depth. He is a good trade candidate if we can’t dump marleau. Say we could get Laughton or faksa plus. It’s worth it

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
He’s played 6 playoff games in 2 years by his own choice while the team has played 14.

Time to move on.

Added a little your post.

So here's another question to ponder.....could Kadri been the difference in winning one more game in either series?

If yes, then his actions have cost his team mates, the fans, and ownership 2 playoff series wins.

If no, then no big deal losing him given the need for cap space and/or D help next season.

Time to move on.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
if there's a good trade out there I'd move him. Kadri brings allot to the table, but he's not going to be effective if he can't play on the edge. Obviously he can't control himself and brain farts are the result.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto

More than anything Kadri's consistency comes by disappointing his team and getting suspended. If anyone in management cares about their job they will punt Kadri far away.

Who will replace him? You make it sound like 3C is the hardest position to fill in the NHL. It's not a 3C doesn't come at a high price (unlike the high price of Kadri's suspensions).

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I honestly couldn't care less

Trade him, keep him, I don't care, just get decent value back if your trading him

The only player on the team i have any emotional investment in at this point is Rielly

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
When I heard on Tim and Sid that Kadri didn't travel with the team and I thought back to the little to no open support for him verbally by his teammates, I have to think his own team feels betrayed.

One time was really bad, a second time just lets down your teammates who have to battle and go to war everynight shorthanded. That's from each man on the team, to the coach and ownership being hurt.

As it were, his contract is reasonable enough that he would bring a decent return. he can be sold as a #2 Centre, who can even play on the #1, he can score goals and play with some grit.

I just think it's a long year to have to wait and his number of suspensions suggest this is his DNA. It's unfortunate because I liked his play and thought he would have a key role in beating the Bruins. It's quite possible Nylander is shipped out along with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad