Devon Driscoll RD

My Picks

Jaleel Adams RW
Bair Gendunov RW
Quinten Loon-Stewardson C
Mathieu Dokis-Dupuis C

Fudgeo

Feb 2, 2015
Next year we can call it the Nepotism draft. I'm glad we got a goalie though.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
U-18 Draft

Kelly's Picks

James Walker G
Brandon Caruso LD
Dimello Smith RW
Alex Hotchkiss LW
Devon Driscoll RD

My Picks

Jaleel Adams RW
Bair Gendunov RW
Quinten Loon-Stewardson C
Mathieu Dokis-Dupuis C

Because I'm lazy and can't be bothered to sift through the picks on the OHL site, Chico - did anyone pick up your selections?

I like the Walker pick for G - nice numbers this past year. As for the rest - looks like a lot of laziness - did I see another Hotchkiss in there?:banghead:

Gaetz's kid got grabbed by Flint. I would really like to have had an opportunity to hear the back office chatter on this, especially leading to MK's retirement and JS's departure......

Chico Maki

Oct 27, 2014
Because I'm lazy and can't be bothered to sift through the picks on the OHL site, Chico - did anyone pick up your selections?

I like the Walker pick for G - nice numbers this past year. As for the rest - looks like a lot of laziness - did I see another Hotchkiss in there?:banghead:

Gaetz's kid got grabbed by Flint. I would really like to have had an opportunity to hear the back office chatter on this, especially leading to MK's retirement and JS's departure......

Yes
Niagara selected both Adams and Dokis-Dupuis
Saginaw selected Gendunov
Windsor selected Loon-Stewardson
All three of those teams are in a rebuild mode such as Guelph, with a good training camp perhaps we may see one or two of those players in the league next year.
Yes, another Hotchkiss.
Perhaps Curious George is doing a future employer some good will selecting him to Flint?

stormfanone

Nov 30, 2013
Toronto Born in Gue.
Just announced, Skalde will not be back next year. I'd imagine none of us are shocked.
However I will say it's never ideal going into a draft without a coach or GM for the kids and parents to meet.
Good morning battfan888. I was wondering if Gorge is the long time person you were taking about. It is a very Good selection for GM and coach.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Yes
Niagara selected both Adams and Dokis-Dupuis
Saginaw selected Gendunov
Windsor selected Loon-Stewardson
All three of those teams are in a rebuild mode such as Guelph, with a good training camp perhaps we may see one or two of those players in the league next year.
Yes, another Hotchkiss.
Perhaps Curious George is doing a future employer some good will selecting him to Flint?

Interesting - thanks Chico - let's see if any of the picks from this draft for any team actually stick.

As for the other point, I never thought of it that way. I was thinking more that there would have been pressure for the Storm to actually make that particular selection, and subsequent refusal by the pressured parties, which might have led to advanced friction resulting in the departure of a couple of Storm staff. Maybe I'm too much of a conspiracy theorist :sarcasm:

stormfanone

Nov 30, 2013
Toronto Born in Gue.
Interesting - thanks Chico - let's see if any of the picks from this draft for any team actually stick.

As for the other point, I never thought of it that way. I was thinking more that there would have been pressure for the Storm to actually make that particular selection, and subsequent refusal by the pressured parties, which might have led to advanced friction resulting in the departure of a couple of Storm staff. Maybe I'm too much of a conspiracy theorist :sarcasm:
I am confused. What pick are you talking about. The coach dose not do the drafting and. Mr. Kelly is retiring . Who is the second staff you are talking about.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Canada beats Latvia in their first game of the U18 Championships. Ratcliffe scored the 3rd Canadian goal, assisted by Schnarr. Hawel gets on the gamesheet with a coincidental 2 minutes for roughing in the first.

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
Haven't voiced my opinion yet on the George Burnett rumors.

My opinion is that I am really not a fan of having him in a dual role. Hiring him as a GM is fine, do not like him as a coach. I feel like with his coaching philosophy, this team isn't moving forward. I don't think it will be all that different then the previous coaching staffs.

Fudgeo

Feb 2, 2015
I'm not a fan either, god forbid they take a loss and get a real coach. I'm starting to really dislike the owners these days and I'm starting to sour on both the storm and the league. Not sure if I'll even renew my tickets, I might just take the $50 loss and enjoy my Friday nights off.

stormfanone

Nov 30, 2013
Toronto Born in Gue.
I'm not a fan either, god forbid they take a loss and get a real coach. I'm starting to really dislike the owners these days and I'm starting to sour on both the storm and the league. Not sure if I'll even renew my tickets, I might just take the $50 loss and enjoy my Friday nights off.
Did you forget what did for the Storm In1998. I will never stop going to Storm games.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Did you forget what did for the Storm In1998. I will never stop going to Storm games.

Pretty much 20 years ago. What has happened since then? At this point, I'm prepared to give the benefit of the doubt, but my fuse will be much shorter given my own expectations of what this team should do this coming season.

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT

I don't really care what he did in the past, especially considering I wasn't even in Guelph at the time.

I care about the present and the future. I think Burnett (as a coach) would be a terrible hire at this point.

Storm Watching

Jul 21, 2011
This hiring further reinforces just how pathetic this current ownership group is.

Instead of moving forward they continue to make backwards moves.

Can't wait for the second coming of Paul Gillis when Burnett doesn't work out.

storm2storm

Apr 15, 2014
The only reason why it would be a combined GM/Coach is because there is still another year left on Skalde contract. After half a season or so I suspect you'll see the position split.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Burnett will put you back in the playoffs by wheeling and dealing (a la Flint) but I'm not sure he is sustainable long term? I think that has a lot to do with any team that hires him. Guelph has lots of young talent and a decent draft cupboard to trade off for experience. IMO anyway.......? What happens to Harvey any news?

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
Burnett will put you back in the playoffs by wheeling and dealing (a la Flint) but I'm not sure he is sustainable long term? I think that has a lot to do with any team that hires him. Guelph has lots of young talent and a decent draft cupboard to trade off for experience. IMO anyway.......? What happens to Harvey any news?

Most people around here are more disappointed in having him as a coach. I think as a GM only, the hire would be okay.

Regarding Harvey, no news and probably nothing until an official announcement is made regarding the Head Coach/GM hire.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Most people around here are more disappointed in having him as a coach. I think as a GM only, the hire would be okay.

Regarding Harvey, no news and probably nothing until an official announcement is made regarding the Head Coach/GM hire.

Gotcha not sure specifically about Burnett but generally I would prefer them be two seperate positions. I think two individuals working to the same common goals are less app to make mistakes? Thanks for the update coached Harv when he was a little gaffer always curious to see what he is up to.

OhSheila

Aug 28, 2015
Kitchener
Burnett's record in his 17 years as an OHL coach

7 were below .500

5 were between .500 and .529

2 were between .610 and .689 (the .689 was with the 97-98 Storm, OHL Champs and Memorial Cup Finalists)

3 were between .706 and .750

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad