Guelph Storm 2015-16 Season Thread (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormfanone

Nov 30, 2013
Toronto Born in Gue.
Head scout Chris McCleary quoted as saying all high US prospects including Jenkins and Wilde willing to report in Guelph...

That says something else to me... More then likely Mike Kelly has been meeting with them and they are willing to report based on him being with the team...
My Guess is Kelly is signed... kind of silly that the owners have the no contract discussion...

That being said...
on the note of next years team... i agree, think there will be alot of changes... what those are, is to be seen...
I do not think it is silly at all. Why tell the media anything and maybe have something go wrong.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
I do not think it is silly at all. Why tell the media anything and maybe have something go wrong.

No, it's silly. I'm not sure how, if a deal is done with current management, that something could go wrong if it's announced to the fan base. The shroud of secrecy around this team is a joke. I think the owner's think they're in the big leagues.

For me, I want to know who's in charge and what the direction of the team is before I spend a grand renewing my family's season tickets.

I don' think that's too much to ask. And hopefully we will have that answer soon enough.

noobie1

Oct 30, 2014
No, it's silly. I'm not sure how, if a deal is done with current management, that something could go wrong if it's announced to the fan base. The shroud of secrecy around this team is a joke. I think the owner's think they're in the big leagues.

For me, I want to know who's in charge and what the direction of the team is before I spend a grand renewing my family's season tickets.

I don' think that's too much to ask. And hopefully we will have that answer soon enough.
Exactly!!!

It is silly... i don't need to know the terms, i don't need to know the details... i just want to know who is in charge and that there is no big surprises coming etc...
I for one, would think this would be something you would want to be public coming up to the draft...

noobie1

Oct 30, 2014
Why the hell not!!!
Guelph Sweeping the weekend!

Gue 5-3 L. Stevens

Gue 4-1 Mcewan

Gue 3-2 OT Smith

stormfanone

Nov 30, 2013
Toronto Born in Gue.
Exactly!!!

It is silly... i don't need to know the terms, i don't need to know the details... i just want to know who is in charge and that there is no big surprises coming etc...
I for one, would think this would be something you would want to be public coming up to the draft...
I mean if it is not done yet.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
I mean if it is not done yet.

If they don't have something done yet, three weeks prior to arguably the most important draft for the org in the last decade, that's an issue.

As a PAYING fan, and a fan looking towards making another investment into next year, I don't think it's asking too much to disclose this info - and as noobie said, don't have to disclose details.

Just throw the fans a bone for once. Jeez.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Also....

OS 3 GUE 2 (Szypula)

FLT 3 GUE 1 (Bitten)

SSM 5 GUE 1 (Senyshyn)

Formula has worked for me to this point! Though I'd love to see a W tonight!

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Updating some info I provided earlier concerning the Draft Party Breakfast...here is the tweet from the Storm:

The gist is that is $25/person (Not $5, as I had previously stated).

Includes buffet breakfast, a special 2016 Priority selection puck, the opportunity to play games with or against Storm players, and also a Q&A/Intro to "the Storm's top picks".

I think it's a nice idea and a great way to get the fans interested and involved - something I have long said the organization needs to do more of.

It is however, FAR too expensive in my opinion. I can't justify spending $75 for my family on breakfast. As the day nears perhaps I will change my mind, but for now, I'm disappointed to say I won't be attending.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
5-3 Owen Sound, Palmu with the winner.
I'm going for it... 3-2 Guelph, McEwan.
5-1 SSM, Senyshyn.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I just wanted to remind the Guelph fans don't give up on your team. You are sitting in the same spot that Windsor was last year, and look how much better Windsor is this year. A years experience and a couple of players sign on you did not expect and your right back in it. Guelph has a strong organization and it will turn around quickly.

stormfanone

Nov 30, 2013
Toronto Born in Gue.
I just wanted to remind the Guelph fans don't give up on your team. You are sitting in the same spot that Windsor was last year, and look how much better Windsor is this year. A years experience and a couple of players sign on you did not expect and your right back in it. Guelph has a strong organization and it will turn around quickly.

You can not compare Windsor team of last year to the Storm this year. We might set the record for fewest goals score and point wise, it is like night and day to your point total last year.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
To me, the price isn't that bad. I mean, it's the same as served by the Storm.

Fair enough I guess, but to me a three course meal is a little better value than a buffet breakfast. Plus, the one time we did go to served by the Storm we were treated terribly so we vowed never to go back.

If you do go, I hope you have fun!

GEO II

Oct 27, 2006
RCS, I vowed not to comment on the negativity! But I couldn't make it through the season. I hope that when we get back to where you think we should be, that maybe you will be able to get back to your old self and have some positive things to say. I know you are entitled to your opinions and I respect that, but surely there are some positives to be gained from this year. I hope you renew your season tickets as we all know that the lessons leared this year, will make us a much better team in the years to come.

stormfanone

Nov 30, 2013
Toronto Born in Gue.
Except for we aren't going to set the record for fewest goals or points...

Some thinking the fewest goals score is 154, some say 145 and some say 149. Ohl records 1997 98 show 154, St. Mikes. Last years standings say Sudbury 149 and 1998 99 standings say Icedogs 145. Which is right.And today we have to get two points to avoid the fewest points of any team in the CHL. this year. Bac. In the Q finnished with 33 points

Last edited:

Cynical Canadian

Nov 16, 2015
Some thinking the fewest goals score is 154, some say 145 and some say 149. Ohl records 1997 98 show 154, St. Mikes. Last years standings say Sudbury 149 and 1998 99 standings say Icedogs 145. Which is right.And today we have to get two points to avoid the fewest points of any team in the CHL. this year. Bac. In the Q finnished with 33 points

The most up to date list I could find is on the CHL site.

http://www.chl.ca/page/fewest-goals-socred-one-season-min-66-sched

Fewest OHL goals 145 by the Ice dogs

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
RCS, I vowed not to comment on the negativity! But I couldn't make it through the season. I hope that when we get back to where you think we should be, that maybe you will be able to get back to your old self and have some positive things to say. I know you are entitled to your opinions and I respect that, but surely there are some positives to be gained from this year. I hope you renew your season tickets as we all know that the lessons leared this year, will make us a much better team in the years to come.

I expect to renew my tix. The fact the year didn't go so well for the Storm actually isn't really a big deal. My family look at it as a reason to get out of the house once a week to interact with other humans ;)

Im just tired of pouring my money into an org that is seemingly so indifferent towards their fans. I think there is so much more the team could do for its fans...especially in a year that went as poorly as this past one. Also as a paying customer, I believe I have a right to be told what the team's plans are going forward - and maybe we will know what's happening with the management once today's game is over.

The coles notes version: after a down year, it which there was as much poop going on off ice as there was on, it would have been nice of the team to throw the fans a bone rather than trying to extract an extra 50-100 dollars from each family.

But rest easy.... I'll be back!!!! As will my eternal optimism lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad