Guelph Storm 2015-16 Season Thread (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Hey noobie, on the London board you said you had watched the hit over a dozen times. Do you have video available to post. Does anyone have video that could be posted for all to see?

noobie1

Oct 30, 2014
Hey noobie, on the London board you said you had watched the hit over a dozen times. Do you have video available to post. Does anyone have video that could be posted for all to see?

Hey LV I was just rewinding the live feed. I didn't record it. Wish I had though.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
I am loathe to even post right now because I wish this topic would be put to bed, lots of inflammatory remarks from both sides.

My live feed service also allows me to rewind/rewatch which I did several times.

Here's what I saw:

- Hit looked late, not extremely late so one could argue he should've let up on the hit.
- The hit definitely wasn't shoulder on shoulder based on the angle of Harris, the replays make it difficult to tell whether it was shoulder to collarbone area (causing the whiplash effect that is always painful to see) or shoulder to head.

Should it have been a penalty? Yes. Is OHL officiating horrible most nights? YES. Is it a sign of a conspiracy? No. Was there intent to injure? No. On any plays last night.

SUMMARY: Harris is O.K., which is really all that matters. Skalde's remarks in the Merc (posted on Knight's thread) made me love this coach even more: not malicious, size difference between players, shoulder contact with chin.

Looking forward to today's game vs. Flint, this team has been extremely fun to watch lately.

On the injury front, I'm wondering if anyone has heard when Ratcliffe will be back? Looking forward to seeing where he slots in, what chemistry can be created for future years, and how things develop.

Someone pos

Last edited:

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Guelph will be 4 forwards short today, running with 3 lines. Quinn Hanna was called up, interesting since we're find on D... Storm fans, this could be the day we've been waiting for:

PUT MCFADDEN ON FORWARD! Bring your signs everyone. :)

Seriously excited to see Hanna since he's been a talked about prospect.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Just speculating here, but with 10 forwards and 8 D available today, either we will see D playing as forward, or healthy scratched D which would lead me to believe there will be a trade - why else would Hanna be called up?

If anymore moves come out of Guelph I would imagine it would have to be a D, currently we have a logjam of 97's at that position... a trade for picks or a '98/'99 player are a possibility.

Can't wait to get to the rink.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
A 4/6 point weekend!!!

Mieritz and Hanna played forward. I have to say I'm impressed with Hanna, he's a very good skater and makes smart plays - he forced a turnover today that led to a scoring opportunity. Can't wait to see more of him in the future.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
A 4/6 point weekend!!!

Mieritz and Hanna played forward. I have to say I'm impressed with Hanna, he's a very good skater and makes smart plays - he forced a turnover today that led to a scoring opportunity. Can't wait to see more of him in the future.

Hannah laid a beauty of a clean hit near the Storm bench - rocked the boards but didn't rattle them. He will be a force in the coming years. Liking what I'm seeing with development of the younger players now.

Fudgeo

Feb 2, 2015
19 goals scored in the last 4 games and in the last 10 games Guelph has gone 5-3-2. The players are excited and obviously having fun, systems are being put in place, talent is flourishing, the coaches on the bench are active and engaged, the games are entertaining, fans are starting to come back and the Sleeman Centre is starting to get louder.
Skalde has brought a complete culture change, bravo to Mike Kelly and the owners for doing the right thing. I've had so much fun watching Guelph taunt people the same way they were taunted. I missed the London game but Wednesday night should be a good game, The boys should be coming in angry and wanting to win. Wednesday should be a statement game, even if they lose they need to show the league that they won't be pushed around anymore.

TrueBlueStorm

Apr 25, 2014
in truth

While Guelph is still 16 points behind Flint, Storm are only 7 behind Sudbury. Going 5-3-2 in last 10 games has that effect.
Fun fact- took 16 games to win 2 at start of season, won 2 of 3 this weekend.

Wednesday should be fun!

noobie1

Oct 30, 2014
Could end up being an amazing deal for Kitchener. But we managed to get at least 1 draft pick for Fabbri. Potentially 3. The way I see it. Fabbri was not coming back this year, which sucked. But if he gets sent back down to the OHL we get 2 2nds and a third. If he doesnt, we still get a third. Better then the alternative which i thought was us getting nothing.

noobie1

Oct 30, 2014
Not gonna toot my own horn... okay maybe i will... but thought it was funny that i posted this just a few days before Stewart resigned, was let go etc...
Old
12-02-2015, 02:02 PM
noobie1

vCash: 500
So that was tough.... Nichols kept it from being a lot worse...

My thoughts:
This team needs a change in tactics and how the coaches are approaching things. (this game aside even)
I feel watching that the team plays to keep the game close rather then actually playing like they have a chance to win games. what I mean by that is, they go into a defensive game and don't try to generate any real offensive chances, rather just try and keep the other team from scoring. This is not working obviously. So why the heck not try and open things up, the scores can't get any worse and the players may actually look like they are having fun out there. With the team Guelph has, i think i would rather see scores of 6-4 then scores of 3-1, 4-0, 5-1 etc... Even if it is in a losing cause. Develop the offensive potential. Make things exciting, scoring can breed winning!

noobie1

Oct 30, 2014
Not gonna toot my own horn... okay maybe i will... but thought it was funny that i posted this just a few days before Stewart resigned, was let go etc...
Old
12-02-2015, 02:02 PM
noobie1

vCash: 500
So that was tough.... Nichols kept it from being a lot worse...

My thoughts:
This team needs a change in tactics and how the coaches are approaching things. (this game aside even)
I feel watching that the team plays to keep the game close rather then actually playing like they have a chance to win games. what I mean by that is, they go into a defensive game and don't try to generate any real offensive chances, rather just try and keep the other team from scoring. This is not working obviously. So why the heck not try and open things up, the scores can't get any worse and the players may actually look like they are having fun out there. With the team Guelph has, i think i would rather see scores of 6-4 then scores of 3-1, 4-0, 5-1 etc... Even if it is in a losing cause. Develop the offensive potential. Make things exciting, scoring can breed winning!
Storm Management must have seen my post and the genius behind it!!! lmao!

mcreferee

Jun 6, 2011
Could end up being an amazing deal for Kitchener. But we managed to get at least 1 draft pick for Fabbri. Potentially 3. The way I see it. Fabbri was not coming back this year, which sucked. But if he gets sent back down to the OHL we get 2 2nds and a third. If he doesnt, we still get a third. Better then the alternative which i thought was us getting nothing.

Agreed! Fabbri was not coming back to Guelph. St. Louis might think about sending him back to a contender for a deep playoff run...although he has been one of their top forwards the past month or so. I'd say its unlikely he comes back, but this deal is better than the nothing most thought the Storm would get for him.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Agreed! Fabbri was not coming back to Guelph. St. Louis might think about sending him back to a contender for a deep playoff run...although he has been one of their top forwards the past month or so. I'd say its unlikely he comes back, but this deal is better than the nothing most thought the Storm would get for him.

Agreed the old "rabbit out of the hat" can't lose if your Guelph! Little surprised Kitchener tossed a 3rd on what has to be a long shot at best? If he reports however even with the other picks it will be a steal of a deal and Guelph will still get great value for something that was nothing before this morning?

GEO II

Oct 27, 2006
I always thought that after playing 10 games in the NHL a player can't return to the OHL, am I missing something?

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I always thought that after playing 10 games in the NHL a player can't return to the OHL, am I missing something?
He can play two full NHL seasons and still be returned for an OA season.
As long as he played in the OHL prior to the NHL he can always return if he's of CHL age.

mcreferee

Jun 6, 2011

Most players can be returned for two seasons following being drafted.
Playing 10 NHL games burns one year of the ELC.
Playing 40 games burns one year of Restricted Free Agency.
So, an NHL team could return a player to junior at any point provided they are willing to do without their services and knowing they've lost a year of the contract and a year of RFA rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad