Confirmed Signing with Link: Gudbranson re-signs in Vancouver [3years, $4m AAV] [MOD #244]

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Benning showing off to Bergevin and Chia whose the real uncontested #1 WORST GM :facepalm:

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Please for the love of ALL that is holy let this be a sign and trade!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Dude. Oilers are are one of the worst teams in the league year in year out. You hardly have defence. You are posting one of the worst PK's in the leagues history. Don't ever talk about Defense to another fan base.
We hardly have defense, yet our defense is better than yours and your dummy GM had your best d-man on the block until he got hurt AGAIN. PK isn't only on the defense core, btw, only half of the pk'ers on the ice are d-men. If your only argument is that our awful PK is awful so our defensemen are all awful, then your opinion has already been proven irrelevant. Why is our PK so bad? Probably because all of the guys our dummy GM let most of our PK'ers go and didn't replace them, and the guys they have put on the PK the most are having bad seasons - Klefbom, Letestu, etc. Plus our goalie can't stop a damned beach ball most nights. Trust me, I know where my teams weaknesses are. I wasn't the one who brought the Oilers into this debate anyway, that was one of your fellow Canuck fans and his "durr, Russell" comment.

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Not thrilled with this but at least it's a relatively short term and doesn't involve a NTC. Not a great contract, not a fan of the player but what can you do?

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
We hardly have defense, yet our defense is better than yours and your dummy GM had your best d-man on the block until he got hurt AGAIN. PK isn't only on the defense core, btw, only half of the pk'ers on the ice are d-men. If your only argument is that our awful PK is awful so our defensemen are all awful, then your opinion has already been proven irrelevant. Why is our PK so bad? Probably because all of the guys our dummy GM let most of our PK'ers go and didn't replace them, and the guys they have put on the PK the most are having bad seasons - Klefbom, Letestu, etc. Plus our goalie can't stop a damned beach ball most nights. Trust me, I know where my teams weaknesses are. I wasn't the one who brought the Oilers into this debate anyway, that was one of your fellow Canuck fans and his "durr, Russell" comment.
So what you are saying is that your fowards suck at defense too? You guys are almost as bad as the Canucks with McJesus . How seriously pathetic.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Good thing is the contract is frontloaded. Only makes 3 million the final year so easier to move. Also didn’t get a NTC. Guess we can move him at the deadline then...

Hockey down under

Feb 13, 2017
I am not a Gudbranson fan by any means but I'm fine with this deal. He's overpaid but the Canucks will have plenty of cap space for the next 3 years and I'm happy with the term.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
The roster spot and cap space saved were more valuable than this guy will ever be! At the very least, it’s still a year shorter than Kris Russell was given

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Him being paid so much more than what he brings on the ice is a functional NTC.
Exactly. Super frustrating is the pro Benning/anti Canucks fans justifying this by saying the Sedins salaries will be gone after this year.... like so... with more cap space why not spend it on GOOD PLAYERS????!!!!!! :rant:

Field of Dreams

Oct 10, 2011
Port Credit
Well it’s a good thing you are not the GM of the leafs. I would rather take Schenn and his 1.25 per over him in a heartbeat.

Benning with another boneheaded move. Sorry nucks fans!

Hey I love a Benning bashing party more than anyone, I just think it isn't as big of an overpayment as some would think, and 3 years covering what should be EGs best years isn't bad term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad