Movies: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I didn't like it at all. I thought it was really bad and REALLY, REALLY unfunny.

Of course all humour is subjective, but I thought Thor: Ragnarok was tremendous while this movie was just garbage.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
After a second viewing I liked this more and wouldn't call it bad. Still far and away the best Marvel comics best films out there by a ways.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I think so too. Without a doubt. I meant that the Guardians of the Galaxy films collectively are the best.

I see. Did you get a chance to see Thor Ragnarok? I really like that movie and have watched it 3X since buying the DVD.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I see. Did you get a chance to see Thor Ragnarok? I really like that movie and have watched it 3X since buying the DVD.

No, I haven't, but I'm not really looking to see it any time soon. If it's streaming on Netflix or HBO I'll catch it soon enough. Most of these films don't do much for me. I will say that I read a good review of Thor Ragnarok. In fact I think it was four out of four stars.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
No, I haven't, but I'm not really looking to see it any time soon. If it's streaming on Netflix or HBO I'll catch it soon enough. Most of these films don't do much for me. I will say that I read a good review of Thor Ragnarok. In fact I think it was four out of four stars.

it is about the closest of the other Marvel movies to GOTG. It's worth checking out IMO if you like GOTG.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
The first one was a fun superhero movie

The sequel tried too hard to be a funny superhero movie

Agree. Marvel usually has the optimal dose of funny moments placed into their superhero movies. In GOTG2, I feel like they tried to increase the amount of humor and in resulted in more casual fans enjoying it, but also pushing off fanboys to an extent. It's not a bad movie by any means, just not to the level of balance that we've come to expect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad