Movies: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I thought Iron Man 3 was fine. The villain was terrible, but people need to understand that there was no way in hell the Mandarin in his comic book form could have appeared in a movie like this. A yellow-faced Chinese mystic who does karate would never fly with today's audience.

I liked, in theory, the idea of a public figure for the world to focus on while the real villain plots in the shadows. I'll give them credit for trying something fresh even if the result wasn't what they wanted.

The kid stuff was boring and the PTSD was unnecessary but they didn't ruin the movie for me. I thought the visual effects were tremendous and I LOVED the music. The final fight on the oil rig was great as well. I enjoyed the comedy and really enjoyed seeing RDJ Stark it up to 11. JARVIS was pretty bad ass in this movie as well.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Just saw this tonight. Really enjoyed it. Liked a lot of the humour and the fact it doesn't take itself too seriously. Wasn't a big fan of how everyone had to have their "I'm a shell of a being and I just wanna be loved!" scene, but overall I was laughing and enjoying the movie a lot more often than not.

Noted that blue Merle Dixon got to go out with noble self-sacrifice like caucasian redneck Merle Dixon did.

*edit* Also, the Pac-Man thing in Star Lord's final battle charge was hilarious.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
2 tiers. This was the best adaptation of comic to movie of all them so far. They took the awesomeness of the comic book and shot it to the stratosphere.

Lol. It was most likely the *********. Dormamu is a dimension ****ing destroyer and he gets ****ed by a noobie sorcerer that happens to wield a rare relic that happens to be the infinity stone.

I hated Dr Strange the most, it was a pretty movie but thats it. Take off all the CGI make up and the dr strange name and watch it falter. It failed on so many points.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Lol. It was most likely the *********. Dormamu is a dimension ****ing destroyer and he gets ****ed by a noobie sorcerer that happens to wield a rare relic that happens to be the infinity stone.

I hated Dr Strange the most, it was a pretty movie but thats it. Take off all the CGI make up and the dr strange name and watch it falter. It failed on so many points.

Crymore?

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
fwiw I think I might like the soundtrack for GoGvol2 better than the first (And the first was amazing).

Seen the movie a week or two ago and today I got the urge to listen to the soundtrack. I've listened to Southern Nights and Father and Son about 5 times each today.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I could, but im a bit disappointef youd put up with mediocre movies like Strange as a fan of comics.

Meh it was not their best effort but was not terrible either. He was just introduced and I am interested in seeing where they take him in Thor this fall and then in Infinity War.

The could have maybe less of a big hitter but the idea that he didn't try and overpower Dormammu and instead used his brains, which he has a lot of, and used a simple trick of looping time was not a bad way to have him "beat" him, it's not like he kills Dormammu.

Strange is a self centered ego maniac when we first meet him and by using this tactic at the end, he basically learns to put others first and was seemingly willing to keep on repeating his death and resurrection if it meant keeping the earth safe.

Could they have gone with something better? Maybe but it was not a terrible way of introducing the character.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
fwiw I think I might like the soundtrack for GoGvol2 better than the first (And the first was amazing).

Seen the movie a week or two ago and today I got the urge to listen to the soundtrack. I've listened to Southern Nights and Father and Son about 5 times each today.

I liked a few songs better than the first but overall I liked Awesome Mix vol 1 better than vol 2.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

0:44 Pom Klementieff (Mantis) & Sean Gunn (Kraglin)
0:58 Michael Rooker (Yondu)
1:06 Chris Pratt (Starlord) - though no way knowing it, it's only revealed at the end that it's him
1:12 Zoe Saldana (Gamora)
1:28 Dave Bautista (Drax)
1:35 Karen Gillan (Nebula)
2:20 is James Gunn, the director.

Zardu Hasselfrau is pretty obvious as well as Stan Lee.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016

1:06 Chris Pratt (Starlord) - though no way knowing it, it's only revealed at the end that it's him

I stumbled upon this yesterday just thinking it was some random song from their soundtrack and I might discover a groovy new turn

It's really well done!

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
That video is Awesome, how can it not be with the Hoff!

When I first watched it before seeing I t here w the note on whos in it, I did not realize that the Guardians actors were in it, I thought it was the band members and thinking that one guy is huge (turns out is was Batista).

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Loved the first one. 9/10

This one sucked. They stole the plot and gave it to the next league of whatever movie.

4/10

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Isn't 2:34 Guillermo from Jimmy Kimmel? :laugh:

Watched this last night with a friend. On second viewing, still not as good as the first one. Plot is not as coherent but this one's all about family and feel and at the end you get it. Plenty of "hunh?", "ohhhh, now I get it" and "aaawwwww" with this one. 8+ or 8½/10 on the second viewing.

Last edited:

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Loved the first one. 9/10

This one sucked. They stole the plot and gave it to the next league of whatever movie.

4/10
Agree.

Forced bad humor. Which is essentially a marvel movie tradition.

Boring story. Just bad all around.

The first one was so good and then I'm not sure what happened with this

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

Pom Klementieff looks a lot like a young Debbie Harry.

e5f7d4d106eea88e469bfe9273412635--ladies-style-debbie-harry.jpg

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
Agree.

Forced bad humor. Which is essentially a marvel movie tradition.

Boring story. Just bad all around.

The first one was so good and then I'm not sure what happened with this

it was still solid get over it

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia