GTA VI???

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

Yeah, so the conclusion they seem to have is it's mostly in-engine.

While I would like a PC launch same day and date, I can see Rockstar trying to get this out as quickly as they can, and not developing for a 3rd ecosystem likely allows them to get the other 2 out quicker. I guess they could just focus on consoles (PS5 is generally the targetted platform for performance as market leader and adjustments are made around that). I guess Rockstar could half ass it like a ton of other studios have their PC ports recently, and then just patch it over time. Hopefully, the PC release is in pristine condition when it launches, unlike a decent amount of next-gen games for PC this year (For example, Jedi: Survivor and Hogwarts Legacy both games which I waited to buy on sale because of notable problems at launch).

Sep 19, 2008
When you remember how badly Rockstar has botched every PC game from GTA IV to V (started out filled with bugs, all patched but still) I'm glad they're starting off with console. Only problem is I couldn't beat GTA V on console and I purchased it day of for my 360 (still the only time i've pre ordered a game at gamestop, i just picked it up at the mall and barely anyone was there lol)

Just something about trying to aim without a mouse and keyboard that doesn't fit right

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Yeah, so the conclusion they seem to have is it's mostly in-engine.

While I would like a PC launch same day and date, I can see Rockstar trying to get this out as quickly as they can, and not developing for a 3rd ecosystem likely allows them to get the other 2 out quicker. I guess they could just focus on consoles (PS5 is generally the targetted platform for performance as market leader and adjustments are made around that). I guess Rockstar could half ass it like a ton of other studios have their PC ports recently, and then just patch it over time. Hopefully, the PC release is in pristine condition when it launches, unlike a decent amount of next-gen games for PC this year (For example, Jedi: Survivor and Hogwarts Legacy both games which I waited to buy on sale because of notable problems at launch).
GTA IV and V both released later on PC and are bad ports. I don't think this will be any different, but I hope I'm wrong.

I'm not the biggest fan of this series but i will say I'm more interested now that I understand the cutbacks that were made (namely the 1440p internal res at 30 FPS) and that the trailer is likely representative of the game. Even if they don't improve the gunplay and controls, I think this will be a game like Cyberpunk where I can have fun just roaming the city and looking at the gorgeous visuals. There were quite a few shots in the trailer that blew me away, like the shot of the plane flying over the bridges and of course the beach.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
When you remember how badly Rockstar has botched every PC game from GTA IV to V (started out filled with bugs, all patched but still) I'm glad they're starting off with console. Only problem is I couldn't beat GTA V on console and I purchased it day of for my 360 (still the only time i've pre ordered a game at gamestop, i just picked it up at the mall and barely anyone was there lol)

Just something about trying to aim without a mouse and keyboard that doesn't fit right

Are you saying you won’t be getting GTA VI day one? I will be disappointed.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
GTA IV and V both released later on PC and are bad ports. I don't think this will be any different, but I hope I'm wrong.

I'm not the biggest fan of this series but i will say I'm more interested now that I understand the cutbacks that were made (namely the 1440p internal res at 30 FPS) and that the trailer is likely representative of the game. Even if they don't improve the gunplay and controls, I think this will be a game like Cyberpunk where I can have fun just roaming the city and looking at the gorgeous visuals. There were quite a few shots in the trailer that blew me away, like the shot of the plane flying over the bridges and of course the beach.
I'm relatively new to PC gaming (or came back to after being lapsed for a long-time). Was the RDR2 port well received at launch? GTA IV I remember having issues, but didn't know about GTA V. Those games which were originally made for 7th gen consoles were likely more difficult to port as both were designed for Consoles built around PowerPC designs, whereas RDR2 was made fully with X86 architecture (hence why backwards compatibility is a nightmare for 7th gen games, whereas 8th to 9th gen is seamless).

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I'm relatively new to PC gaming (or came back to after being lapsed for a long-time). Was the RDR2 port well received at launch? GTA IV I remember having issues, but didn't know about GTA V. Those games which were originally made for 7th gen consoles were likely more difficult to port as both were designed for Consoles built around PowerPC designs, whereas RDR2 was made fully with X86 architecture (hence why backwards compatibility is a nightmare for 7th gen games, whereas 8th to 9th gen is seamless).
I wasn't gaming much around the time it came out so I'm not sure. Even if that game was fine though, It's still concerning to me that they didn't even bother to update the PC version of GTA V with all the new features of the next gen console version.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Yeah I vividly remember the GTA 4 delays back in the day. :shakehead

Annoying as hell. Sure the finished product was fun, but when you beat the storyline there was like f*** all to do.

That, and you were left with an assload of $$$ but nothing to spend it on.

Except hotdogs and hats. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
And bowling with cousin.. GTA4's ragdoll effect when you ran people over though, that was amazing. Especially off of the high wall in that industrial area near the water

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
6 looks ghetto as hell, so you're probably right. Appreciate the graphics and level of detail in it, but don't know if I can stomach the characters and storyline. I was excited for Vice City 2, but this wasn't what I wanted 🤮
San Andreas was ghetto as hell, and it was great. Since then, not so much.

Reactions: Beau Knows

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
San Andreas was ghetto as hell, and it was great. Since then, not so much.
I remember when they announced San Andreas and released the trailer, and me as a suburban white teenager thought it was going to be bullshit because I couldn't relate to the setting and main character and I wasn't nearly as excited as I was about Vice City, didn't pre-order or get it first day, then after hearing classmates talk about it I broke down and bought it and it just blew my mind by just being a damn good game with a good story.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00