GTA VI???

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
They know they going to get double the sales.

PC players aren't going to wait to play it, they will buy it on console. Then when it releases on PC they will buy it again so they can play with better settings and eventually mods.
I'm not sure about that. A lot of PC gamers don't also have current-gen consoles and the PC port of Red Dead Redemption 2 didn't sell well.
We had to wait an entire year for Red Dead Redemption 2 to make it to PC, but apparently the wait was too long, as the game's sales are not doing so great.

In the first month of its launch, Red Dead Redemption 2 was exclusive to the Epic Games Store and Rockstar's own storefront. And while we have no idea how many people bought it directly from Rockstar, a report from Superdata states that the game only sold 408,000 units via Epic – an extremely low number.

But Red Dead Redemption 2 is no longer exclusive to Epic, though, right? Well, even though it launched on Steam a little while ago, it seems to be faring even worse on Valve's platform.
PC gamers don't want to pay full price for a year-old game. They probably especially don't want to pay that twice. I think that Rockstar lost out on a lot of money by not releasing the PC version along with the console versions.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
I'm not sure about that. A lot of PC gamers don't also have current-gen consoles and the PC port of Red Dead Redemption 2 didn't sell well.

PC gamers don't want to pay full price for a year-old game. They probably especially don't want to pay that twice. I think that Rockstar lost out on a lot of money by not releasing the PC version along with the console versions.

GTA is on a different level then RDR.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
GTA is on a different level then RDR.
Yes, but that just suggests that they'll lose out on even more money. GTA V sold 11M units on console in just the first 24 hours when it was released in September 2013. When it finally came to PC in April 2015, it sold only 2M units in its whole first month. That suggests that people who bought it on console weren't eager to re-buy it on PC and PC-exclusive gamers weren't that excited for an 18-month-old game. 2M is a lot, but they would've sold more than that to PC gamers in the first 24 hours if it had launched alongside consoles.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Looks like it will be an epic game.

I am all for the single-player story and playthrough, and I'm hoping for more depth like RDR2. Loved the San Andreas story too.

I saw a post or a tweet somewhere mentioning the Rockstar earnings forecast somewhere in the $8B range for "fiscal 2024-2025" and will include a major release. That runs from Apr 1 2024 to Mar 31 2025.

I'm guessing first 3 months of 2025 for console and 2026 for PC.

Reactions: Jovavic

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
2025? Which means 2026 after delays. Womp.

Yeah I vividly remember the GTA 4 delays back in the day. :shakehead

Annoying as hell. Sure the finished product was fun, but when you beat the storyline there was like f*** all to do.

That, and you were left with an assload of $$$ but nothing to spend it on.

Except hotdogs and hats. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Looks goddamn incredible.

This is the result of a next generation game being built around 30fps. And talent, and budget of course. But still, that 60fps shit just holds games back.

We would have like half the amount of NPC's on screen had they target 60fps. Its simply not worth it. Build a PC if you are a framerate warrior.

Game will be out in Spring 2025, bet on it. My bet is April 2025.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Looks goddamn incredible.

This is the result of a next generation game being built around 30fps. And talent, and budget of course. But still, that 60fps shit just holds games back.

We would have like half the amount of NPC's on screen had they target 60fps. Its simply not worth it. Build a PC if you are a framerate warrior.

Game will be out in Spring 2025, bet on it. My bet is April 2025.

Attachments

• ca1d215c591d2356acb0b071583798d1 (1).png
    ca1d215c591d2356acb0b071583798d1 (1).png
    626 KB · Views: 3

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Its pretty much a guarantee.

Take Two hints that GTA 6 will release by March 2025

They told investors they're expecting a 5-8 billion dollar revenue bump in fiscal 2025, which ends in March 2025. Nothing will do that for them other than... GTA6. Which means, GTA6 will release at latest, Spring 2025.

Looking forward, however, the publisher again made reference to its next fiscal year and reiterated its previous claims that major things are planned for this period.
“We remain confident that we are positioning our business for a significant inflection point in fiscal 2025, which we believe will include new record levels of operating performance,” Take-Two CEO and chairman Strauss Zelnick said in a statement.
Although it has yet to explicitly confirm it, this latest statement – and others like it made previously – have led to speculation that Grand Theft Auto 6 is set for release during fiscal year 2025.
If accurate, this would mean Grand Theft Auto 6 would be released no later than March 2025.

I added a month for delay. April 2025. But what they tell investors, is what we bank on. April 2025 the latest. Read between the lines

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It probably could've been out in 2024, but Rockstar has been determined to reduce crunch since the controversy erupted following their last major release. Reducing employee hours tends to increase development time. If we're going to criticize crunch culture and buggy releases, we shouldn't be surprised or upset when developers (especially those targeted with criticism in the past) take longer to finish future games that we're looking forward to.

Last edited:

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I cannot over-state my excitement for this game. Rockstar is definitely my #1 most trusted developer to actually put out a true masterpiece and an actually complete game.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
It probably could've been out in 2024, but Rockstar has been determined to reduce crunch since the controversy erupted following their last major release. Reducing employee hours tends to increase development time. If we're going to criticize crunch culture and buggy releases, we shouldn't be surprised or upset when developers (especially those targeted with criticism in the past) take longer to finish future games that we're looking forward to.
Its most likely already playable from start to finish. the game is essentially "done".. This final year will be used for polish, polish and more polish. Nintendo style.

As with Tear of The Kingdom, Nintendo said they could have shipped the game a year earlier but instead used that final year for polish. And we got a bug free masterpiece.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3