Series Talk: WCQF: Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators (VAN Leads 3-2)

What will be the outcome of the series?

• Canucks in 4

Votes: 30 4.2%
  • Canucks in 5

Votes: 111 15.5%
  • Canucks in 6

Votes: 242 33.9%
  • Canucks in 7

Votes: 84 11.8%
  • Predators in 4

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • Predators in 5

Votes: 14 2.0%
  • Predators in 6

Votes: 127 17.8%
  • Predators in 7

Votes: 97 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Someone should tell him not to turn into a check against the boards and expose his back ….
Stastney didn't turn into the check and his back was already exposed. Joshua saw his numbers in front of him from the moment that they both passed the faceoff dot. He had plenty of time and options to do something else. He chose to make that hit, and it was illegal.

stastny1.jpgstastny2.jpg

Last edited:

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Stastny didn't turn into the check and his back was already exposed. Joshua saw his numbers in front of him from the moment that they both passed the faceoff dot. He had plenty of time and options to do something else. He chose to make that hit, and it was illegal.

View attachment 860724View attachment 860725
It was a two minute minor for boarding- it looked worse because he turned - whether you believe it or not makes no difference to me….

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
NHL DoPS is a joke. Goalie gets knocked down and we gotta throw a fine, player gets run from behind and concussed then 2 minutes is enough. If that had been flipped around and Hughes yall would be going nuts.
If it's not a 5 its not a suspension. You guys ran our 2nd string goalie. Pretty much evens out . If you were to give Dakota a suspension then you would need to do the same to McCarron .

RooBicks

Oct 12, 2020
Stastney didn't turn into the check and his back was already exposed. Joshua saw his numbers in front of him from the moment that they both passed the faceoff dot. He had plenty of time and options to do something else. He chose to make that hit, and it was illegal.

View attachment 860724View attachment 860725
Stastney expected an aggressive forechecker to back off and defer to his little toe-drag and for Joshua to let him squirm loose rather than get pasted. He paid the price, as he should have. It's hockey, and playoff hockey at that. You need to know how to take a hit from a forechecker on the end boards if you're a defenseman. If that was the best he can do, he'll have a short career. I suspect he'll choose differently next time. Joshua got his penalty - there was nothing particularly malicious in the hit, the guy chose not to protect himself, and he absolutely has an obligation to do so under the circumstances.

I expect the victim to not be accused when he did nothing wrong. The hitter did, as evidenced by the penalty.
The "victim" made an absolutely idiotic play that any hockey player over the age of 12 should know better than to try. You don't turn your back and try to toe drag your way out of an aggressive forecheck on the end boards. What he got comes with the territory. I hope he feels better and can rejoin the series, but get real.

Last edited:

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
It was a two minute minor for boarding- it looked worse because he turned - whether you believe it or not makes no difference to me….
Sheesh, I'm twisting myself into pretzels trying to understand how it could possibly be interpreted that Stastney "turned" there. Like what? The fact that there have been not one but two attempts in this thread to put this train of thought out there is baffling. Like damn, it was a dirty hit that had numbers all the way :huh:

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Do we even know what his injury is considering he came back and played multiple more shifts.

If it’s a concussion, the Preds and league have failed on letting him play more.

Reactions: stampedingviking

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Sheesh, I'm twisting myself into pretzels trying to understand how it could possibly be interpreted that Stastney "turned" there. Like what? The fact that there have been not one but two attempts in this thread to put this train of thought out there is baffling. Like damn, it was a dirty hit that had numbers all the way :huh:

Agreed you sure are twisting yourself in to pretzels over a pretty nothing play. Maybe stop overthinking it and you can unwind yourself.

It's just a 2 minute boarding call. The refs even had a look and decided to overturn the 5. Not really a dirty play just overly aggressive on the forecheck which got a penalty anyways

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Stastney expected an aggressive forechecker to back off and defer to his little toe-drag and for Joshua to let him squirm loose rather than get pasted. He paid the price, as he should have. It's hockey, and playoff hockey at that. You need to know how to take a hit from a forechecker on the end boards if you're a defenseman. If that was the best he can do, he'll have a short career. I suspect he'll choose differently next time. Joshua got his penalty - there was nothing particularly malicious in the hit, the guy chose not to protect himself, and he absolutely has an obligation to do so under the circumstances.

The "victim" made an absolutely idiotic play that any hockey player over the age of 12 should know better than to try. You don't turn your back and try to toe drag your way out of an aggressive forecheck on the end boards. What he got comes with the territory. I hope he feels better and can rejoin the series, but get real.
It isn't just hockey and doesn't just come with the territory. It's against the rules. That's why it's a penalty. Stastney was right to expect Joshua to back off because Joshua was required to by the rules. Maybe Stastney could've done something to minimize the hit and avoid injury, but he shouldn't have had to. The onus was on Joshua to do that, as the attacker. Also, a player shouldn't have to "pay the price" for a legal play by having an illegal play dished out on him. I'm surprised that someone would even suggest something like that, let alone condone it. If Hughes, Miller, Boeser or Pettersson is the next to be injured on an illegal hit, will you be as critical of them for not bracing for it and brush the hit off as just playoff hockey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad