GDT: Group S • May 8 • Russia 2, Germany 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
I actually think it was a good team game, but poor individual efforts.

The goals were team goals, and they defended well as a team. Individually they got penalized a bit too often and failed to convert on semi-breakaways and 1v1s

somewhat typical for Bill's team. They'll sacrifice creativity for stability to win

I agree. I thought they looked more solid on defense than in the previous games, and the offense was definitely buzzing around the German net. I hope I'm not wrong, but I got a sense that they are beginning to elevate their game in time for the bigger challenges.

Fulcrum

I agree. I thought they looked more solid on defense than in the previous games, and the offense was definitely buzzing around the German net. I hope I'm not wrong, but I got a sense that they are beginning to elevate their game in time for the bigger challenges.

Let's hope so. Want to hear what Bill thinks about the game.

I also like Svitov's line, they defended and forechecked exceptionally well. Not the most creative- but they are 4th line. Ketov just may be faster than Malkin, and maybe the fastest guy on the team.

Dares

May 13, 2009
Germany didnt want to win and they lost. I dnt understand it. U got a powerplay. Why not withdraw the goalie for a 6 on 4. Thats how u beat Russia. Get one goal. Then they will get nervous and u might score again. Gods i should be the coach of team germany. ****ing dumbass coach!!

You surely have a big mouth..been yapping around for a while on Russia games...isnt Norway playing today ??? Presume thats why you are here.......

Looks like you'd be a better coach, they should hire you....seems you know when is better to shoot...and everyone is a F***ing something to you......

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
You surely have a big mouth..been yapping around for a while on Russia games...isnt Norway playing today ??? Presume thats why you are here.......

Looks like you'd be a better coach, they should hire you....seems you know when is better to shoot...and everyone is a F***ing something to you......

For **** sake when russia leads 2-0 u pull the goalie so u can win the game. Loosing 2-0 or 3-0 dosent mather. U know that and I know that. Its about stealing 1 point vs Russia. Im not blaming the players, but the coach. When u got a powerplay and its a few mins left, then u should pull the goalie. Russia is a strong team, but u should score on em 6 on 4. And yeah I got a big mouth, but im also correct this time.

edit: and yeah I think that Ds (in general) should shoot the puck more and not only pass it around and around. The D shoot the puck and your snipers score on the rebound. Its about playing simple vs the bigger nations. Thats my honest opinion!

Dares

May 13, 2009
For **** sake when russia leads 2-0 u pull the goalie so u can win the game. Loosing 2-0 or 3-0 dosent mather. U know that and I know that. Its about stealing 1 point vs Russia. Im not blaming the players, but the coach. When u got a powerplay and its a few mins left, then u should pull the goalie. Russia is a strong team, but u should score on em 6 on 4. And yeah I got a big mouth, but im also correct this time.

I was referring to all you posts..... F that, F dat....
Yes pull the goalie when you control the puck...but the Germans couldnt start one proper attack, as soon as they'd get in the Russian zone they'd lose it, few scrambles around the net but nothing major...

GermanNuck

Jun 15, 2011
Germany
Any ranking experts around?

If Germany ends up ranked 9th, and Latvia 8th, do we still make it directly to Sotchi? (would be still ranked 8th overall)

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.

If Germany ends up ranked 9th, and Latvia 8th, do we still make it directly to Sotchi? (would be still ranked 8th overall)

As long as you're still ranked in the top 9. Latvia would have to finish 160 points ahead of Germany to pass them. However, Germany is only 45 points ahead of Slovakia. If they finish 8th with Germany 10th, they pass them

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town

Then im sure u will make it, unless Belarus and Slovakia end up in the semis.

Norway is 25 points behind
Slovakia 45 points behind
Belarus 140 points behind

Here u got the full table and the points u can gain this wc. U are prob better in math then me :cry:

http://www.iihf.com/competition/272/homeiihf/pre-champ-ranking.html

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
I was referring to all you posts..... F that, F dat....
Yes pull the goalie when you control the puck...but the Germans couldnt start one proper attack, as soon as they'd get in the Russian zone they'd lose it, few scrambles around the net but nothing major...

Well i show feelings ;) The philosopher David Hume would be on my side! He said that feelings are important hehe.

How about taking a time out or do something..... U got nothing to loose. Thats my point. Germany allrdy lost to Latvia. Then u should do whatever it takes to gain some points vs the 3 big ones.

And yeah im a norwegian and ofc im most interested in team Norway. But i also kinda like Germany and Slovakia (yes they are our biggest rivals, but i like the countries u know)

GermanNuck

Jun 15, 2011
Germany
Thank you guys,

in this case, i'm quite optimistic, althought Slovakia will probably end up in front of us, we will still be 9th, which would be enough if I get it right.

And who doesn't want to see Rieder and Kühnhackl roll?:sarcasm:

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Thank you guys,

in this case, i'm quite optimistic, althought Slovakia will probably end up in front of us, we will still be 9th, which would be enough if I get it right.

And who doesn't want to see Rieder and Kühnhackl roll?:sarcasm:

Well u have to beat Norway and Denmark first ;) Could be some awesome games ;)

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.
Then im sure u will make it, unless Belarus and Slovakia end up in the semis.

Norway is 25 points behind
Slovakia 45 points behind
Belarus 140 points behind

Here u got the full table and the points u can gain this wc. U are prob better in math then me :cry:

http://www.iihf.com/competition/272/homeiihf/pre-champ-ranking.html

Here's the weird thing about the rankings-if it's Slovakia 7th, Norway 8th, Germany 9th-then Norway & Slovakia qualify. But if Norway pulls an upset & makes the SF, Slovakia could get bumped to 8th & then Germany would qualify.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Right, but we won against Italy, hell yea!

Yes the games will be fun, I'm just calculating already as I'm starting to panic after 2 straight losses:D

Dnt worry. U will qualify no mather what happens. I mean if u end up like number 10 or 11 u will have to play qualification. But cmon u will play teams like austria, slovenia, hungary etc. A bunch of weaker teams. Im 100% sure that Germany will make it and it will be nice to see u in Sochi :)

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Here's the weird thing about the rankings-if it's Slovakia 7th, Norway 8th, Germany 9th-then Norway & Slovakia qualify. But if Norway pulls an upset & makes the SF, Slovakia could get bumped to 8th & then Germany would qualify.

Again im not good in math :( To be honest im so bad that my teacher felt sorry for me :shakehead History, logic and philosophy are my favorite subjects.

So im rly happy that u did the math ;) thanks alot! :)

GermanNuck

Jun 15, 2011
Germany
Dnt worry. U will qualify no mather what happens. I mean if u end up like number 10 or 11 u will have to play qualification. But cmon u will play teams like austria, slovenia, hungary etc. A bunch of weaker teams. Im 100% sure that Germany will make it and it will be nice to see u in Sochi :)

Yea, so we'll meet again, Norway has some talent in the junior leagues, you should ice a great team by then. But so do we:yo:

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Yea, so we'll meet again, Norway has some talent in the junior leagues, you should ice a great team by then. But so do we:yo:

Not rly that many talents. Thats Denmark :( We got Olden (drafted by Leafs), Søberg (drafted by the caps) and our biggest prospect is Volden (drafted by bruins). Volden played the game vs russia. He saved about 91%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad