GDT: Group S • May 8 • Russia 2, Germany 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Germany didnt want to win and they lost. I dnt understand it. U got a powerplay. Why not withdraw the goalie for a 6 on 4. Thats how u beat Russia. Get one goal. Then they will get nervous and u might score again. Gods i should be the coach of team germany. ****ing dumbass coach!!

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Varlamov with the shut out! He should be the Russian player of the game

GermanNuck

Jun 15, 2011
Germany
I think we didn't play bad after all. But we are never able to finish. We had good chances, worked hard but yea, congrats to Russia! But Russia wasn't as dominating as I expected.

Fulcrum

Ehrhoff is the big name missing, but I think any of our defenders from the AHL/NHL would have really helped us a lot. Especially I miss Holzer, but as a Leaf fans it's nice to see him have some success with the Marlies. Still blows, him and Mueller could have helped.
Btw., I agree with Goc being our best forward all around.

Wow, what an athletic display by Varlamov. Seems like he is ready for the gymnastic competition at the Summer games this year :amazed:.

our NHL guys could've helped us too :)

Sergei DRW

Nov 17, 2010
Yeah, he made a couple of typical Datsyuk plays there.

I thought he was about to get into a fight! Perry Part II.

The German player was obviously frustrated - being suffocated on the zone entry with no chance to go forward because Mr. Duke Selke is all over you :yo:

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
don't forget Kovy :P

Malkin and Dats are your best forwards. After them Kovy and Semin are also rly important. Ovi dosent play well on big ice. Arnisimov would also be nice to see. U also got ur BEST goalie in this wc. Varly has been FANTASTIC this year. I remember Budaj from last year :shakehead My beloved avs struggled the whooole season. Good to se varly do so well :handclap:

Fulcrum

All respect to Germany, this country is moving up in the hockey world, and they are far from being taken lightly. They obviously made a statement, except maybe that loss to Latvia..

Fulcrum

Malkin and Dats are your best forwards. After them Kovy and Semin are also rly important. Ovi dosent play well on big ice. Arnisimov would also be nice to see. U also got ur BEST goalie in this wc. Varly has been FANTASTIC this year. I remember Budaj from last year :shakehead My beloved avs struggled the whooole season. Good to se varly do so well :handclap:

Thanks for your opinion, I disagree with most of it.

GermanNuck

Jun 15, 2011
Germany
If we only had Ehrhoff, he would have blown a hole into Varlamovs glove, at least 1 out of 10 times when he actually gets the shot on the net. :sarcasm:

Fulcrum

Great game by Varlamov. But average game by the rest of our team.

I actually think it was a good team game, but poor individual efforts.

The goals were team goals, and they defended well as a team. Individually they got penalized a bit too often and failed to convert on semi-breakaways and 1v1s

somewhat typical for Bill's team. They'll sacrifice creativity for stability to win

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
If we only had Ehrhoff, he would have blown a hole into Varlamovs glove, at least 1 out of 10 times when he actually gets the shot on the net. :sarcasm:

Its not about the shots. U just need 2 guys to stand in front of varly. Krueger and Schubert should play the PPs and u need two guys in front of varly. Then varly wont stand a chance!

ts11

Apr 29, 2005
Germany

Hey, compared to Schuberts one golden shot out of 100 tries, I'd still take it :help:

Its not about the shots. U just need 2 guys to stand in front of varly. Krueger and Schubert should play the PPs and u need two guys in front of varly. Then varly wont stand a chance!

I actually think "Hans" Tripp has done a fine job at the tourney in this regard alltogehter (not so much today obviously). But of course they must get some shots on net first.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Agreed ... they seem to be coming together more as a team, and the NHL players look like they're getting more comfortable playing on bigger ice. I'm not as familiar with the other Russian players as I am with Malkin, but third periods tend to be his best.

You're not alone. There are a number of new players that have had little or no international experience, and they are barely heard of outside their KHL club teams. Guys like Popov, Ketov, Medvedev, Denisov, etc., are virtually unheard of on the international scene. This lineup is pretty risky IMO, but it seems as though there are some signs that they are startig to come together as a team.

Leaf

Apr 25, 2012
Wow, congrats to Germany for such a solid effort. At this rate, Germany could eventually attain that Dark Horse status that countries like Finland and Switzerland sometimes enter events with.

Nice job, Russia. Looks like you'll be medal contenders yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad