GDT: Group S • May 8 • Latvia 5, Italy 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
Boooooring! Add some speed, people, even for the sake of training, ffs! And silly mistakes by Latvians. Weak penalties by Italians. Should avoid that.

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
I still don't understand how the IIHF picks their players of the game. I don't think their representatives even watch the games, they just pick a name from a hat (not that Galviņš was bad in any way, he just didn't stand out either). I know Masaļskis had a relatively easy game, but at least give it to him with the shutout when none of the skaters particularly stand out.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I still don't understand how the IIHF picks their players of the game. I don't think their representatives even watch the games, they just pick a name from a hat (not that GalviņÅ¡ was bad in any way, he just didn't stand out either). I know Masaļskis had a relatively easy game, but at least give it to him with the shutout when none of the skaters particularly stand out.

It was said in czech tv that coach chooses best players of its team. So coach of latvia chose best player of Latvia, italian coach chose best player of Italy etc. I dont know if true...It was just said by tv commentators

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
It was said in czech tv that coach chooses best players of its team. So coach of latvia chose best player of Latvia, italian coach chose best player of Italy etc. I dont know if true...It was just said by tv commentators

This is a common misunderstanding. The coaches choose the three best players from their teams at the end of the tournament. The players of the game are chosen by members of the IIHF directorate.

croAVSfan*

This is a common misunderstanding. The coaches choose the three best players from their teams at the end of the tournament. The players of the game are chosen by members of the IIHF directorate.

Hmm...are you sure for players of the game thing ? I think coaches of each tema chooses best ones. I have been told that's the way it is, maybe they missinformed me. :)

zorz

Mar 8, 2010

v-man is right. they only mixed up with EHT where this rule you mentioned applies.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Looks like Latvia continues to roll. Didn't see the game, but a fairly convincing score. Latvia is one of my favourite countries to cheer for since they have probably the best fans of any WHC teams, good to see them doing well. The Czechs have looked from convincing in barely beating Denmark and Norway, perhaps the Latvians can steal a point there.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
We weren't good, but Italians were Kazakh bad. Can't remember of they even had a posession play in our zone 5-on-5. All their "chances" came after we turned the puck over. I'm still in awe of Bartulis as well, one brainfart apart - he is immense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad