GDT: Group S • May 8 • Latvia 5, Italy 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Very slow game, and Latvians are trying to follow Italian pace. Was it Machiavelli, who said, that if enemy makes you follow him, he controls the war?

P.S. Indrašis had another chance to score, but the Italian goalie is good.

I partly agree with the slow game For the Latvians the Redlihs-line brings speed and Scandella alone for the Italians. For the rest you are right.
I could very well be Machiavelli (or Clausevitch)? Anyway it's all about which tactics win. On whose terms are the game played.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Apart from a couple of plays, we've been terrible throughout the 1st period.

UGLY.:shakehead

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Apart from a couple of plays, we've been terrible throughout the 1st period.

UGLY.:shakehead

Well i dont' think its that bad :) - a sharper Indrasis and at least one more goal. Defence holds fairly well, and Redlihs line still shines. But i agree that the team might be a bit tired. The worst part is that tactically the Italians won first round, so that simply have to change with more tempo.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
Well i dont' think its that bad :) - a sharper Indrasis and at least one more goal. Defence holds fairly well, and Redlihs line still shines. But i agree that the team might be a bit tired. The worst part is that tactically the Italians won first round, so that simply have to change with more tempo.

Indrašis will not score anymore. It was better, when nobody knew him. And the Italian coach used tricky tactics before the game, he praised our goalie and Inrašis. All with reckoning to make our players arrogant. Sly fox.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
2-0 for Latvia. Just what they need, it will take out some steam of the Italians. Now it's time to put the nails in the coffin!

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Indrašis will not score anymore. It was better, when nobody knew him. And the Italian coach used tricky tactics before the game, he praised our goalie and Inrašis. All with reckoning to make our players arrogant. Sly fox.

What he managed against Denmark and now this you can only admire what their coach manage with Italy. Getting alot out of fairly little.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
3-0 Latvian PP goal. Now it looks really good. Secured the place in the elite division if it doesn't change in the 3'rd period (but I really doubt that), now it's "only" Denmark and Norway that can stop a QF. But Norway looks like a tough hard nut to crack!

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
3-0 Latvian PP goal. Now it looks really good. Secured the place in the elite division if it doesn't change in the 3'rd period (but I really doubt that), now it's "only" Denmark and Norway that can stop a QF. But Norway looks like a tough hard nut to crack!

I doubt your doubts. With Latvia anything is possible. Denmark and Norway is what I fear most.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Those sloppy plays in both ends will cost us one day, this isn't Mexico we're playing against. :shakehead So many faulty passes and lost pucks, this isn't our A game at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Italians would make a comeback with the way we've been playing today.

DrStrangelife

Dec 14, 2011
Rīga

I think he proved somebody wrong :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad