Pre-Game Talk: Decisions Decisions Decisions v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Surely this time KK will see that he must take out the under performers who are bringing nothing to the table.

Foegele out Carrick in.
Perry out Gagner in.
Ceci out Stetcher in.
McLoed out and fired into the sun (which he will go around and back to the blue line) Henrique in and if he cant go Broberg in as a 7D and run 11-7.
Pickard stays or does Skinner get the start?
It wont even matter if the stars get their show run by Miller, Zadorov and company.

McDavid and Draisaitl better rest up, as there is probably another 35 minute game on the horizon for them Saturday night.

Must win game or the seasons done and yet another summer to lament how the Oilers beat themselves, got out-coached and how management can be as inept as it has been in the past 10 years. scratch that, 20 years.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Surely this time KK will see that he must take out the under performers who are bringing nothing to the table.

Foegele out Carrick in.
Perry out Gagner in.
Ceci out Stetcher in.
McLoed out and fired into the sun (which he will go around and back to the blue line) Henrique in and if he cant go Broberg in as a 7D and run 11-7.
It wont even matter if the stars get their show run by Miller, Zadorov and company.

McDavid and Draisaitl better rest up, as there is probably another 35 minute game on the horizon for them Saturday night.

Must win game or the seasons done and yet another summer to lament how the Oilers beat themselves, got out-coached and how management can be as inept as it has been in the past 10 years. scratch that, 20 years.

You lost me at the bolded. Ceci comes out for nobody. It'll never happen. Ceci is Eternal.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
This is the crossroad where we see if this team is truly worthy of a championship. History has taught us this:

2009 Penguins: 2nd round, down 0-2 to Washington, force game 7 and clinch. Cup finals, down 0-2 to Detroit, and then 2-3. Crosby and co win game 6 and 7 for his first chip

2013 Blackhawks: 2nd round, down 1-3 vs Detroit. Force game 7 and win in OT. En route to Toews and Kane 2nd chip

2014 Kings: 1st round down 0-3 to SJ, come back and win in 7. 2nd round down 2-3 to Anaheim, win game 6 and 7, en route to Kopitar and co. 2nd chip

2015 Hawks: 3rd round, dowm 2-3 vs Anaheim, win game 6 and 7 en route to Kane Toews 3rd chip

2016 Penguins: 3rd round, down 2-3 vs Tampa, win game 6 and 7 en route to Crosby and co. 2nd chip

2018 Capitals: 1st round, down 0-2 to Columbus, come back and win series.
3rd round, down 2-3 vs Tampa, win game 6 and 7, en route to Ovechkin and co. 1st chip

There are plenty more examples, but the particular ones above mimic what we have right now. A pair/few Superstar generational talents, in their prime. Each time they were faced with the ultimate adversity of being eliminated, they persevere and ascend themselves and the team into the next phase.

This is the McDavid and co. era, and now faced with the same Crossroads the previous generational talents were tested on. We'll witness if this team us truly a team destined for greatness.
I believe they are. And we're going to see an asended Edmonton Oilers team on Saturday, and hopefully on Monday

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
This is the crossroad where we see if this team is truly worthy of a championship. History has taught us this:

2009 Penguins: 2nd round, down 0-2 to Washington, force game 7 and clinch. Cup finals, down 0-2 to Detroit, and then 2-3. Crosby and co win game 6 and 7 for his first chip

2013 Blackhawks: 2nd round, down 1-3 vs Detroit. Force game 7 and win in OT. En route to Toews and Kane 2nd chip

2014 Kings: 1st round down 0-3 to SJ, come back and win in 7. 2nd round down 2-3 to Anaheim, win game 6 and 7, en route to Kopitar and co. 2nd chip

2015 Hawks: 3rd round, dowm 2-3 vs Anaheim, win game 6 and 7 en route to Kane Toews 3rd chip

2016 Penguins: 3rd round, down 2-3 vs Tampa, win game 6 and 7 en route to Crosby and co. 2nd chip

3rd round, down 2-3 vs Tampa, win game 6 and 7, en route to Ovechkin and co. 1st chip

There are plenty more examples, but the particular ones above mimic what we have right now. A pair/few Superstar generational talents, in their prime. Each time they were faced with the ultimate adversity of being eliminated, they persevere and ascend themselves and the team into the next phase.

This is the McDavid and co. era, and now faced with the same Crossroads the previous generational talents were tested on. We'll witness if this team us truly a team destined for greatness.
I believe they are. And we're going to see an asended Edmonton Oilers team on Saturday, and hopefully on Monday
I commend your post and your optimism. But I'm skeptical as Pickard will have to continue to play strong, but idk if the secondary scoring will produce again + McDavid's not fully healthy. Who and how Knob has and adjust in his lineup will matter. Players like Perry and Ceci need to sit.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Like. Great post. It’s a 7 game series, not a 5 game series. Oil Country needs to remember this after a rough loss and those are good examples. And yeh McDrai could totally ascend and carry us to two wins. That’s all we need is two.

I’ll add one example if you don’t mind. Lemieux’s first cup run featured a 1st round where he went pointless in Game 5. Pens lose and they go down 3-2. Pens come back and win it in 7 against the Devils. We might not have Lemieux but we got the closest thing to it in todays game. And we have the modern day Jagr in Draisaitl too.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
I can already see it. Oilers come out gangbusters looking for redemption and revenge in the first period. They go up a goal or two. Everyone's thinking this is going seven.

But then that adrenaline turns to lactic acid. The Oiler onslaught diminishes and the Canucks creep back into the game only needing to take advantage of a couple of chances in a hostile building, tasting victory.

Before you know it we're down in the third period needing a miracle.

Sorry if I'm sounding like a doomsayer. Seen this movie too many times now.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021

Foegele out Carrick in.
Perry out Gagner in.
Ceci out Stetcher in.

Why in the hell would it not be pickard? He is a given

I commend your post and your optimism. But I'm skeptical as Pickard will have to continue to play strong, but idk if the secondary scoring will produce again + McDavid's not fully healthy. Who and how Knob has and adjust in his lineup will matter. Players like Perry and Ceci need to sit.
Is it confirmed mcdavid isn’t healthy or is this an assumption/ excuse?

Reactions: Macheteops

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
I doubt they do the necessary. What I would like to see is something like:

Broberg in for Ceci
Carrick in for Perry
RNH to 3C
McLeod and Foegele to the 4th line with Carrick
I am torn on the goalie situation, but would actually go with Stu. It is more about getting info about his true bounceback ability when the pressure is really on. If he craps the bed, we never had a chance and can move goaltending (again) to the top of the off season shopping list.

Holloway 97 Kane
Janmark 29 Hyman
Ryan RNH Brown
McLeod Carrick Foegele

Ekholm Bouchard
Nurse Desharnais
Broberg Kulak

Skinner
Pickard

Reactions: Macheteops

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Like. Great post. It’s a 7 game series, not a 5 game series. Oil Country needs to remember this after a rough loss and those are good examples. And yeh McDrai could totally ascend and carry us to two wins. That’s all we need is two.

I’ll add one example if you don’t mind. Lemieux’s first cup run featured a 1st round where he went pointless in Game 5. Pens lose and they go down 3-2. Pens come back and win it in 7 against the Devils. We might not have Lemieux but we got the closest thing to it in todays game. And we have the modern day Jagr in Draisaitl too.
Let's hope they pull a 2022 Kings series instead of a 2023 Vegas one.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020

Foegele out Carrick in.
Perry out Gagner in.
Ceci out Stetcher in.

Should have analyzed roster changes in the offseason, as soon as the playoffs ended, all the way up to the deadline.

Ceci, Nurse, Kulak, Desharnais, McLeod, Foegele and Skinner were specified and noted hundreds of times. Every single one the Oilers roster shortcomings recognized and on the table for discussion.

A little late now.

Reactions: Oilers88

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
I doubt they do the necessary. What I would like to see is something like:

Broberg in for Ceci
Carrick in for Perry
RNH to 3C
McLeod and Foegele to the 4th line with Carrick
I am torn on the goalie situation, but would actually go with Stu. It is more about getting info about his true bounceback ability when the pressure is really on. If he craps the bed, we never had a chance and can move goaltending (again) to the top of the off season shopping list.

Holloway 97 Kane
Janmark 29 Hyman
Ryan RNH Brown
McLeod Carrick Foegele

Ekholm Bouchard
Nurse Desharnais
Broberg Kulak

Skinner
Pickard
Disagree, this is not the time to look for info we already have.

Goaltending already is the top priority in the offseason, win or lose.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Going to be a fun weekend around this joint if we lose

I think I’d probably take a few days break from here lol too stressful

Though personally I think series is probably already over. Leadership group just doesn’t have the mental fortitude to take them over the bump. They know it’s do or die but always lets foot off the gas and then just coasts. It’s all talk.

And that bottom 6…line 4 is all effort no hands…line 3 is utter garbage. Chicken shit garbage

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

2019: Blues down 3-2 in the 2nd round...win the next 2 to advance to the WCF

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

I wish I had your optimism. We had leads and we just sat back. Team was just content on dumping the puck/giving it away ALL series long. I'm not sure that's going to change overnight with this core

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I can already see it. Oilers come out gangbusters looking for redemption and revenge in the first period. They go up a goal or two. Everyone's thinking this is going seven.

But then that adrenaline turns to lactic acid. The Oiler onslaught diminishes and the Canucks creep back into the game only needing to take advantage of a couple of chances in a hostile building, tasting victory.

Before you know it we're down in the third period needing a miracle.

Sorry if I'm sounding like a doomsayer. Seen this movie too many times now.

Nah Oilers dominate game 6 at home winning handily. This is the more common thing see 06,16/17 and 21/22. Then the question becomes what team shows up for game seven?

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Going to be a fun weekend around this joint if we lose
I’ll admit, I'm a negative Nancy. I say they’re done because they’re out of gas. If they were going to win, it had to be in 4 or 5 games because of how fast and relentless the Canucks are. I’m going to sound like a broken record but they do not stop coming at you 4 lines heavy on the forecheck and puck retrieval, traffic in front of the net at all times. I’m not even sure Dallas or Colorado will beat them. Florida or the Rangers will but to think that entitled team and especially fanbase will sniff a cup sooner than the Oilers is just sickening. Incompetent GM hire after incompetent GM hire after incompetent GM hire.

The Oilers had the chance to sweep them or knock them out in 5 but those goat horns can be shared by Skinner, Nurse & Ceci. All three of them can go with Ken to Columbus as far as I’m concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad