GDT: Group S • May 7 • Denmark 4, Sweden 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manny*

Wild fan here just wondering how Brodin and Larsson looked?

Brodin has been good, not great. Can't ask for much more from a kid his age, though.

Larsson hasn't done a whole lot, but his linemates aren't the best. He had one really impressive attempt at the net today.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Ah ok, I see.
At this point it looks like they should just give tickets to schools etc to try to fill the arena. I am sure that when the PO's starts it will be different, but these group games are all empty arena games. Got to suck for the players

For non team Sweden games I really think they should give away some tickets to youths, like junior hockey players and so forth.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
Sweden won the game...as long as a team is winning, you shouldnt be disappointed. Save your wrath to the day we lose instead.

I mean, yeah, but it's been a long time since I saw that complete lack of effort we saw in the third. Just complete disinterest. And that's what rubs me the wrong way. You should never act like that when you play for Tre Kronor. You give 100% in that jersey, whether the opponent is Canada or Denmark.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
I mean, yeah, but it's been a long time since I saw that complete lack of effort we saw in the third. Just complete disinterest. And that's what rubs me the wrong way. You should never act like that when you play for Tre Kronor. You give 100% in that jersey, whether the opponent is Canada or Denmark.

Well, I WAS a bit worried about our PK'ing, cant have that kind of PK'ing against teams we wont score 6 against.

But the score was 6-1 for a moment there, I can understand that the focus disapeared a bit.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I think Denmark is getting little credit here.

I mean yeah, Sweden completely dominated the first 30 mins of the game. Sweden were leading 6-1 Denmark caught up and almost got a 5th goal!

You all say it was all Swedens credit that they were allowed to play like they did especially in the 1st period. But IMO Denmark let them play like that. They were completely abscent!

But then when Denmark try to turn it around, it was because Sweden let them???

Makes no sense... Anyway just thought Id give my Kudos to Denmark, as I have been nagging them for the game against Italy..

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009

I mean yeah, Sweden completely dominated the first 30 mins of the game. Sweden were leading 6-1 Denmark caught up and almost got a 5th goal!

You all say it was all Swedens credit that they were allowed to play like they did especially in the 1st period. But IMO Denmark let them play like that. They were completely abscent!

Makes no sense... Anyway just thought Id give my Kudos to Denmark, as I have been nagging them for the game against Italy..

Denmark is being given little credit and rightfully so. The final score gives a poor reflection of how the match went down. Denmark let Sweden play a beautiful, sharp passing play and score some highlight reel goals ?, no. At a certain point Denmark went soft sure but by that time the game seemed to already been over. Denmark was beaten by a team that was far superior.

It makes perfect sense that Sweden let them in. It's not the first time we've seen this happen in hockey and it won't be the last. Denmark had 18 shots on goal and scored 4, that's a pretty good return. I doubt many countries have had that kind of return on Tre Kronor

Remi

Mar 2, 2012
Denmark

I don't think Denmark could stop Sweden in the 1st period, even if they tried.

If they could stop them, then please, tell us - and our coach how?

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Denmark is being given little credit and rightfully so. The final score gives a poor reflection of how the match went down. Denmark let Sweden play a beautiful, sharp passing play and score some highlight reel goals ?, no. At a certain point Denmark went soft sure but by that time the game seemed to already been over. Denmark was beaten by a team that was far superior.

It makes perfect sense that Sweden let them in. It's not the first time we've seen this happen in hockey and it won't be the last. Denmark had 18 shots on goal and scored 4, that's a pretty good return. I doubt many countries have had that kind of return on Tre Kronor

That Sweden was far superior is certainly true, but we beat Finland in 2010 with 4-1 even though being outshot like 40-15 (or something like that). At that time we had god goalkeeping and stronger defence. In the first 30 min Denmark's defence and goalkeeping was like non-existant. As they were soft from minute 1, like the shock of the Italy game was still looming over them. I'm not saying that Denmark would have won being ready from the start. But they wouldn't have been behind 6-1 after 30 minutes - but then again Sweden wouldn't have relaxed so much in the third period.

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen

Denmark has to have credit for finally fighting and bring the game around. So close to 6-5 and then it would have been really exciting. I hope they can bring that mentallity to the rest of the group games. Sweden let Denmark into the game by relaxing or underestimating the opponent, but that is what happens in so many matches. It's really Denmark's credit to bring an hopeless situation around and save some honour and end on a positive note.
Part of being a superior team is mental...being professionel ALL THE TIME. I think Sweden got a real scare there, and I think it would be very useful for them in the rest of the tournament. Their famous loss to Belarus came after being too good in the group stage. And as it was here said earlier "People who think they are awesome rarely are".

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Denmark has to have credit for finally fighting and bring the game around. So close to 6-5 and then it would have been really exciting. I hope they can bring that mentallity to the rest of the group games. Sweden let Denmark into the game by relaxing or underestimating the opponent, but that is what happens in so many matches. It's really Denmark's credit to bring an hopeless situation around and save some honour and end on a positive note.
Part of being a superior team is mental...being professionel ALL THE TIME. I think Sweden got a real scare there, and I think it would be very useful for them in the rest of the tournament. Their famous loss to Belarus came after being too good in the group stage. And as it was here said earlier "People who think they are awesome rarely are".

Exactly, Kinda what I was implying :)

To th guy saying Sweden were FAR superior and the shots showed it. Well I remember Denmark outshooting Italy the other day by a pretty nig margin, having the puck the most and winning more faceoffs. Had we won, I still would not clasify us as far superior :)

Anyway, no need to argue, I dont agree, I think Denmark are better than what they showed in the first half of the Sweden game and all the Italy Game.

And I am certainly going to give the boys credit for trying to turn it around. Then Swedes or Sweden fans can think what they want to :)

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I don't think Denmark could stop Sweden in the 1st period, even if they tried.

If they could stop them, then please, tell us - and our coach how?

Im certainly not saying they could stop them... Im Saying Denmark were and are capable of playing MUCH MUCH better, even against a strong team Sweden that is playing to its best.

Even the players said themselves, we are lazy and do not move enough around. And we are letting them dominate this game!

I for one beleive that Denmark showed chrachter in the 3rd.

Remi

Mar 2, 2012
Denmark
IEven the players said themselves, we are lazy and do not move enough around. And we are letting them dominate this game!

If Sweden wanted to dominate the game, they could dominate it. No matter how better Denmark played.

Anyway, let's see how the next matches will go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00