GDT: Group S • May 7 • Denmark 4, Sweden 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Even apart from those two penalties, what was Hedman doing behind Enroth's crease? Looked like some kind of reverse Gretzky move. :facepalm:

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
Wow, thats real sad. Didnt they say they would lower prices for tickets? I thought I heard that a couple of days ago..

They only changed the tickets that were 1295SEK to 395SEK. Most expensive tickets and everything above 395 still left untouched.

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
At the very least, Enroth bailed Hedman's ass out at least once.

Yes I can think of 1 occasion where Enroth bailed out Hedman (eller's shot) and then several occasions where he looked totally out of place. It wasnt just some of the goals, he was flopping around. Didnt seem to have much focus but fortunately the team had been fantastic in the first two wyihich won them the game

member 116805

They only changed the tickets that were 1295SEK to 395SEK. Most expensive tickets and everything above 395 still left untouched.

Ah ok, I see.
At this point it looks like they should just give tickets to schools etc to try to fill the arena. I am sure that when the PO's starts it will be different, but these group games are all empty arena games. Got to suck for the players

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
WHY did they relax? Just so dumb. I never want to see these guys "relax" again. Who do they think they are? You play 100% every shift when you play in that jersey. You never ****ing "relax". Embarrassing.

Haha you better nail the tv down once the knockout phase starts. Anything less than gold and the tv goes out window ? ;-)

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
Haha you better nail the tv down once the knockout phase starts. Anything less than gold and the tv goes out window ? ;-)

Haha, no, definitely not. All I ask for is 100% effort. If they give me that and still get knocked out, no problem.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Ah ok, I see.
At this point it looks like they should just give tickets to schools etc to try to fill the arena. I am sure that when the PO's starts it will be different, but these group games are all empty arena games. Got to suck for the players

Those prices are mind-boggling. We're beating a dead horse here, but it's just hard to stop talking about the stupidity.

Billy Mays Here*

Wild fan here just wondering how Brodin and Larsson looked?

FirstSwitch

Apr 23, 2012
Can someone tell me if Landeskog got any points today? and how has he looked so far in the tourney? i tuned in the end of the game so i missed it all. thanks
He did a very good job in the first period, lots of hits and good checking and did an assist to Stalbergs 4-0 goal.
Unfortunately he didn't get so much ice time rest of the game.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
You know what, I think this scenario was perfect. One team on the rink the first 40 minutes, so they know their capacity (and from the other played games where they've played excellent hockey), one stinker for just a third of a game is great adversity.

A team facing a little bit of adversity and then handle it (which I'm very confident they will), is stronger before a QF than a team that has just glided through, which Sweden was on their way of doing. This team is playing some pretty damn good hockey, I have to say. I'm usually hard to please when it comes to the national team, but man... I have been entertained and I'm impressed. Their passes are so damn crisp and smart, the players constantly keep the puck alive, which avoids random board battles, where skill is less of an element. They are mobile, try to screen shots, try to go for deflections and rebounds, they constantly shift positions and are always ready to crash the net.

It has been bloody beautiful to watch players like Karlsson behave like Paul Coffey out there. The Zetterberg line has been crazy good, well, all four lines have played really well. The defensemen are top notch. The goalies are, well, good enough. Enroth is NHL backup worthy, which isn't shoddy, Fasth is a promising keeper and aspiring NHL goalie. But the SEL top liners playing like wrecking balls on the 4th line and even create some offense, inspired by how the NHLers play, has been cool to watch.

It's like a perfect mix between European puck possession style and transatlantic north-south play. If they keep playing like this, they will have gold medal chances, no question about it, they've played that good and they have so many skilled, smart and strongminded players. There, I had to get it out of me. ;)

Last edited:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
You know what, I think this scenario was perfect. One team on the rink the first 40 minutes, so they know their capacity (and from the other played games where they've played excellent hockey), one stinker for just a third of a game is great adversity.

A team facing a little bit of adversity and then handle it (which I'm very confident they will), is stronger before a QF than a team that has just glided through, which Sweden was on their way of doing. This team is playing some pretty damn good hockey, I have to say. I'm usually hard to please when it comes to the national team, but man... I have been entertained and I'm impressed. Their passes are so damn crisp and smart, the players constantly keep the puck alive, which avoids random board battles, where skill is less of an element. They are mobile, try to screen shots, try to go for deflections and rebounds, they constantly shift positions and are always ready to crash the net.

It has been bloody beautiful to watch players like Karlsson behave like Paul Coffey out there. The Zetterberg line has been crazy good, well, all four lines have played really well. The defensemen are top notch. The goalies are, well, good enough. Enroth is NHL backup worthy, which isn't shoddy, Fasth is a promising keeper and aspiring NHL goalie. But the SEL top liners playing like wrecking balls on the 4th line and even create some offense, inspired by how the NHLers play, has been cool to watch.

It's like a perfect mix between European puck possession style and transatlantic north-south play. If they keep playing like this, they will have gold medal chances, no question about it, they've played that good and they have so many skilled, smart and strongminded players. There, I had to get it out of me. ;)

/amen

It will come down to a few games, but the capacity is there and that's all you care for at this point of the tournament. Russia will be a fun test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad