GDT: Group S • May 5 • Sweden 4, Czech Republic 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I don't understand what he was arguing going to the box.

"I assumed it was legal to hug a guy and drag him to the ice!"

Swipes

Ice Hockey World Champions 2024!
Apr 13, 2010
it's true, but the main problem is offense. we can't make a play with 2-3 good passes.

Yes, you're 100% right. Our powerplay is awful as well.....they just seem like they can't think of anything/what they should do on the PP....:cry:.

EDIT: And we can't even score on a 3-1 counter-attack........

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Well as a norwegian im abit disapointed that he didnt play for the national team every year. Our national team struggled between 2000 - 2005 and Shampo didnt show much interest. So my favorite norwegians gotta be Thoresen. Thoresen has always been loyal to the national team. Even when he was in the NHL. Last year Thoresen declined but that was because he wanted to spend som time with his family. I understand that.

But as an expert i rly like Shampo and ofc he showed that even norwegians can make it in the nhl ;)

They are both awesome ;)

Mara

May 10, 2011
That was a horrible 3 on 1. Should've taken advantage of that, they won't probably get another in this game.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Late in the second with a 2-0 lead, you don't want Karlsson making that play. Risky.

Lugaid

Hajlajtreelmål!
May 28, 2008
Stockholm
At the last heavy shift there I had a major yelling session with my friend in front of the TV, when we got back to being silent, Granqvist was shouting something about Brynäs and Leksand, what the heck was that about? :laugh:

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
Järnkrok has the best scoring chance for the Czechs. :laugh:

I don't understand what he was arguing going to the box.

"I assumed it was legal to hug a guy and drag him to the ice!"

The refs let them do it 1-2 times earlier without any penalty, so you can't blame him.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Karlsson tonights game reminds me somehow about Vatanen in national team few years ago. Lots of offensive talent but makes lots of mistakes

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
Personally, I don't think it's about that. I mean when it comes to WJC and OG it's a different story. Imo they should change the WC, best player from each country should be able to play. But agree, that's how we are raised and it's weird

I think its almost the same story at RÃ¥sunda with the football NT but fair enough :)

Good game and I agree with you guys praising Lundqvist

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
What the ****. That door did open last game between Latvia and Russia too. Fix it before anyone gets hurt..

The WC:s this year is a big embarrassment for Sweden with the prizes and this **** happening for the second time today - something that can potentially be extremely dangerous.

Late in the second with a 2-0 lead, you don't want Karlsson making that play. Risky.

Exactly, he needs to alternate his game and not always make the high risk play. Make them 25% of the time and the other team has a harder time reading what's going to happen.

Secind period weas better though. For Karlsson, not Sweden...how many shots did we manage, like 7?

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
I gotta say that I really like the banter between Wikegård and Jihde :laugh:

I know most of you don't like them though, but I think they're great :D

Judrix

Teuvo is Kane's son
Feb 24, 2010
Chicago
Kruger is just dominating physically out there right? I mean the guy is a wrecking ball right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad