wch.gif
|Roger Arm
wby.gif
|Ivan Dedioulia

Last edited:

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Two games in two nights, and the Swedes actually skated pretty hard last night.

On top of that we lost two players with injuries, one for the entire tournament. So we'll roll 11 forwards and five defencemen. Four since one of them is a forward anyway:sarcasm:

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
It will be interesting to see how they respond to the first tough test (no disrespect to Norway). They've got 1 game in the bag so should be a bit more synced as well. Can't wait! :)

Manny*

Silfverberg goal assisted by Karlsson, again. It's gonna happen.

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
Hope the Czechs doesnt play as ****ing boring as yesterday, who the hell plays the trap aganist Denmark. Predicting 2 or less goals.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Should be a great game. I haven't heard much talk about the Czechs prior to the tournament but they have a really impressive team.
Michálek - Krejčí - Hemský could be a game-breaking line.

Erathian

May 18, 2010
Czech republic
Should be a great game. I haven't heard much talk about the Czechs prior to the tournament but they have a really impressive team.
Michálek - Krejčí - Hemský could be a game-breaking line.

Hemský to Krejčí, Krejčí to Hemský, Hemský to Krejčí, Krejčí to Hemský, Hemský to Krejčí, Krejčí to Hemský...turnover.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Hemský to Krejčí, Krejčí to Hemský, Hemský to Krejčí, Krejčí to Hemský, Hemský to Krejčí, Krejčí to Hemský...turnover.

Still I hope that Alois won't start to mix up the lines too early. They played only 1 game tgether plus had only 1 practice all 3 together. There is a good chance they will get going as the tournament continues.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
We were just practising for tonight! :sarcasm:

well it has worked so far, :)
but off course against Sweden comes the big test. But it often happens with Swedish national teams that they control the match but doesn't get a lot of goals. The czech have beating the swedes before with "trap hockey" (when you follow swedish television through the years they almost have a little czech complex - "can we win if we get behind?")
As i said before it's like Italy in soccer. Winning 1-0 over Brazil or winning 1-0 over Andorra is equally good (3 points).
Also NHL players are the world's best on a small rink. Now it's a big rink. Just because you are the best in the world in indoor football doesn't mean you are world best outdoors. Sweden NHL dream team lost to Belarus (they will only forget that, if they loose to Denmark with their current squad....then they have a new complex) :naughty:

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
Sweden should do something about those tickets and empty seats. It takes away half of the excitement.

CZE - SWE ? No apparent favourite.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
well it has worked so far, :)
but off course against Sweden comes the big test. But it often happens with Swedish national teams that they control the match but doesn't get a lot of goals. The czech have beating the swedes before with "trap hockey" (when you follow swedish television through the years they almost have a little czech complex - "can we win if we get behind?")
As i said before it's like Italy in soccer. Winning 1-0 over Brazil or winning 1-0 over Andorra is equally good (3 points).
Also NHL players are the world's best on a small rink. Now it's a big rink. Just because you are the best in the world in indoor football doesn't mean you are world best outdoors. Sweden NHL dream team lost to Belarus (they will only forget that, if they loose to Denmark with their current squad....then they have a new complex) :naughty:

Some yes, but most are just not quite used to it yet.

Zetterberg, Alfredsson, Silfverberg, Jarnkrok and (Backstrom when he arrives...) were/are all some of the best big-ice players in the world.

The players I'm not so sure about are L.Eriksson (although he's been doing just fine), Stalberg and Landeskog who were not really prominent when playing in SWE but rather developed in to the players they are on the small-ice rinks in NA.

leksig

Sep 22, 2008
Sweden
Johan Larsson and Jonas Brodin in tonight! A 92 born player and a 93 born player. What a experience for these young players to play with star as Zetterberg, Karlsson, Alfredsson etc. :)

Erathian

May 18, 2010
Czech republic
Still I hope that Alois won't start to mix up the lines too early. They played only 1 game tgether plus had only 1 practice all 3 together. There is a good chance they will get going as the tournament continues.

Yeah, I hope so. They just need to shoot more. I guess it will be better against stronger opponents since we will not have much time and space for passing.

EDIT: Your worries came true - http://hokej.idnes.cz/cessti-hokeji...dium=feed&utm_campaign=sport&utm_content=main

Last edited:

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Sweden should do something about those tickets and empty seats. It takes away half of the excitement.

CZE - SWE ? No apparent favourite.

It's a disgrace. The comments by the PR manager said it all:
- It's always a shame when there are empty seats, but we need to keep the prices at their current level to break even.

Q: How do you figure that a family can afford going to one of these games?
- A 20.15 game is not a family event. But ok, maybe prices are too high.

- I thought there would be more people coming to SWE's games, now I don't know what to do. I thought the price level was good, but obviously we were wrong.

There are so many things wrong with those quotes that I don't even know where to start... Well, I guess I do know where to start: FIRE THIS IDIOT!!!!

leksig

Sep 22, 2008
Sweden

There are so many things wrong with those quotes that I don't even know where to start... Well, I guess I do know where to start: FIRE THIS IDIOT!!!!

It's a disgrace for sure, but this tournament and next years tournament is to finance Tre Kronor and the junior national teams for maybe another 10 years. That's one thing you have to bring a thought to, but those prices is a pure joke to the hockey fans! Feel so bad for the players that have to play hockey in an empty arena... Hope they do something about it now in this tournament but i doubt it, next year it will be fixed I hope.
That englund isn't the sharpest tool in the shed isn't something new but that Forsberg guy needs to be fired, did he really think the would sell out Globen with those prices? :help:

This just hurts Tre Kronor reputation.

The media is going hard on the swedish hockey federation, the players have indirectly doubted what they have been doing, thats a good thing.

Last edited:

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga

It`s just awful,especially for Swedes who play in their own stadium with half empty seats :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad