GDT: Group H • May 7 • France 2, Canada 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
good overall stability for France. Completely not what we saw years ago. They played all periods despite the score. Something we never see with Latvia. 6:2 though. Pity, Canadians needed a cold water poured on their heads.

Macman

May 15, 2004
Canada looks awful. They're disinterested, slow, there's little chemistry and they seem completely mystified by big ice. Looks like they're headed toward a terrible seeding at the Olympics.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Canada looks awful. They're disinterested, slow, there's little chemistry and they seem completely mystified by big ice. Looks like they're headed toward a terrible seeding at the Olympics.

Meh, you never really know.

Sometimes they come up big in the medal round.

Sometimes they flame out after dominating in the round robin.

It's always a bit of a crap shoot.

Canada does traditionally start tournaments rather poorly though.

Alpine

Oct 28, 2005
Moncton, NB
These are catch games.....everybody expects you to win and dominate.
Get an early lead..take your foot off the gas, coast some.
No team in this event can you zombie walk through,
Canada just scored their 7th

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

Pretty hard to be motivated in a game where the score has become 6-2 in the third (I'm not watching anymore I had to leave but I think that's what it's at) and against a team that nobody took seriously. I want to see them face a medal team like Sweden before making judgements about this team.

7-2 now I heard

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
Pretty hard to be motivated in a game where the score has become 6-2 in the third (I'm not watching anymore I had to leave but I think that's what it's at) and against a team that nobody took seriously. I want to see them face a medal team like Sweden before making judgements about this team.

7-2 now I heard

Sweden will decimate this team.

Qurpiz

Nudes in bio
Nov 5, 2006
The NHL needs to change to large ice if only for the sole reason that we get to see Jeff Skinner on big ice all the time.

Last edited:

Valois

Feb 12, 2012
Ottawa
Kane's pretty awesome, I don't follow the Jets so I don't know much about him but he's one of the players who looks like he actually cares this game.

Macman

May 15, 2004

7-2 now I heard

It's not just this game. They've looked pretty bad in all three games so far. Some teams just never gel and it looks to me like this one won't. I've had Getzlaf and Perry on my 2014 team but now I'm not so sure. They look like they have no business being on big ice, Getzlaf in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad