GDT: Group H • May 7 • France 2, Canada 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

headup

Apr 7, 2008
Yeah, this is very bad Canadian team. It's only 7:2. get a reality check, Canadians.

It's not the score that's worrisome it's them running around in their own end. When they play better teams it will hurt them.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Yeah, this is very bad Canadian team. It's only 7:2. get a reality check, Canadians.

You obviously need to watch more Canadian hockey to understand where we're coming from. The score means jack squat when the team looks like crap. It's France...YAYYY we're up 7-2...who gives a flying ****! This team has looked pretty bad the first three games, and we're not going to go anywhere playing like this.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa

The score is completely meaningless in these games... It's the way they play.

Versus Russia, Sweden, Finland etc.. We get killed playing this way...

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.
Canada looks awful. They're disinterested, slow, there's little chemistry and they seem completely mystified by big ice. Looks like they're headed toward a terrible seeding at the Olympics.

Are they as bad as the team that couldn't beat Denmark. Or the one that couldn't beat Austria. Or the one that got blown out by Sweden & couldn't beat Slovakia

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
All that im saying it's that it is easy to play down to these team's level. I want to see us play a contender so we can see of Canada rises to the challenge of a much stronger team. Some players (Eberle comes to mind but I know there are others) can play their best hockey in big games, so I wouldn't count this team out just yet.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
All that im saying it's that it is easy to play down to these team's level. I want to see us play a contender so we can see of Canada rises to the challenge of a much stronger team. Some players (Eberle comes to mind but I know there are others) can play their best hockey in big games, so I wouldn't count this team out just yet.

Yeah I'm not worried at all, Canada typically starts slow... It would be nice though to see some chemistry at this point...

Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com
Decent game overall for France, especially when you rest Bellemarre, Auvittu, Huet and a suspended Sacha Treille.

Canada didn't give their 100%, and some of them were obviously hungover :sarcasm:

I'm not sure Skinner and Co. keep smiling like that later in the tournament though. They better bring their A level against tougher opponents.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Canada did look very disinterested. I do wonder if the attendance had anything to do with that. Seriously, it looked as if there was more people on ice at any given time than there were at the stalls.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Yeah I'm not worried at all, Canada typically starts slow... It would be nice though to see some chemistry at this point...

Yes very true, hopefully we see chemistry build soon because I did see a lot of missed passes and poorly read plays that are not typical of normal line mates. Fortunately, these things only improve with time.

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
What ?

But he played against USA.
zedlefou.gif
Maybe they thought they had a better chance of winning that one? ;)
Nah, the injury apparently felt worse again. Pi-ed is a real fighter though, battled through an old jaw-injury, concussion and still has major problems with an "inflammation in a musclegroup". As I said, he shouldn't be playing in his current state but really wanted to play for his country so Skellefteå didn't want to stop him.
Statement from the team doc:
-There is an agreement between us and Pierre. It will be a collaboration with the French national team where he will be examined on site and we will get information. If conditions allow, he will play a limited number of matches. So there are strict conditions. We have a plan together, so as not to jeopardize long-term health and playability next season, says Karin Granberg.

It’s about the injury he had in the playoffs and meant he had to rest between matches.

- He has his problems. An inflammation of a "load-bearing" muscle group. Something that requires treatment and rest.

It has been a difficult decision to make.

- But the joint planning means that we let him go to France. And it looks good, he will not play all the games but play the most important matches. He has put up with so much blood, sweat and tears for SkellefteÃ¥ AIK, and we want to give back a little. Then it’s very important what he does between games, otherwise we would not approve.
(We Skellefteå-fans thanks France for Pi-Ed, he is fantastic and most likely the most humblest hockeyplayer in the world. :nod:)

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Hey guys, i did not catch the game, so how did the defense look overall? Did Quincey play and was he half decent? The defense of this team scares me to death, and will get exposed against the top teams.

Worraps

Oct 23, 2011
Edmonton
I really liked the Sharp-RNH-Benn line and Kane's jump today. Otherwise the team looked indifferent.

The best hope for this team is that Getzlaf and Perry will eventually engage. I just hope their timing is better than it was with the Ducks this season.

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
Looks like they're headed toward a terrible seeding at the Olympics.

too much is made of the seedings, no matter which group they get put in there will be other good teams, does it matter if they're paired with sweden and the US for example or Russia and Finland? Slovakia and the Czech Republic aren't pushovers either and they always have more trouble with the Swiss than they should. Bottom line whichever group Canada ends up in is a tough group in part because of Canada's presence there just like whichever group the russians are in is tough because of russia and same with sweden and finland and all the others. The Olympics will have 6 or 7 teams with legitimate chances to win gold, for Canada to win they'd have to play well no matter where they are ranked and beat these other teams. Does it really matter who they end up playing against? It's Canada for **** sakes! we pride ourselves on being better than everyone, teams should be praying to avoid team canada not canada worrying about who they get matched up against.

Mara

May 10, 2011
I've always thought that Canada starts the WC like the players are on vacation, just playing for fun and not getting too serious. Usually it's more than enough to win games. Then as the tournament progresses and it gets closer to the "real" games you can see the players starting to pick it up, skate harder, go closer to 100% in every fight for the puck etc. Just watch, it'll happen.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
too much is made of the seedings, no matter which group they get put in there will be other good teams, does it matter if they're paired with sweden and the US for example or Russia and Finland? Slovakia and the Czech Republic aren't pushovers either and they always have more trouble with the Swiss than they should. Bottom line whichever group Canada ends up in is a tough group in part because of Canada's presence there just like whichever group the russians are in is tough because of russia and same with sweden and finland and all the others. The Olympics will have 6 or 7 teams with legitimate chances to win gold, for Canada to win they'd have to play well no matter where they are ranked and beat these other teams. Does it really matter who they end up playing against? It's Canada for **** sakes! we pride ourselves on being better than everyone, teams should be praying to avoid team canada not canada worrying about who they get matched up against.

I actually would prefer Canada get a tougher seeding. They often take so-called "lesser opponents" far too lightly in these tournaments. Anything can happen in a single game (eg., goalie playing his lights out).

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
I've always thought that Canada starts the WC like the players are on vacation, just playing for fun and not getting too serious. Usually it's more than enough to win games. Then as the tournament progresses and it gets closer to the "real" games you can see the players starting to pick it up, skate harder, go closer to 100% in every fight for the puck etc. Just watch, it'll happen.

This guy is getting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad