GDT: Group B • Dec. 31 • Canada 5, Sweden 6 (SO) • Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Lots of butthurtius among the posters here.. losing a game happens, no reason to cry all your tears out.

Meganuck*

Funny, I though this thread was about World Juniors
Yes it is. And those players go on to play and represent their country if they're good enough. Unfortunately, last year was probably the best year of their international careers. ENJOY.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Reading comments I get the feeling most Canadian fans think "this was just a group game, whatever". But we all know, had Canada won this game it would be totally different and it would suddenly become the most important game in the tournament.

Actually you're wrong.

Group games are group games.

Elimination games are elimination games.

We've lost to Norway in the World Championships in the group stages.

They mean nothing provided you are still moving on in the tournament.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Canada is NOT the best... that would be the US until proven otherwise.

Must suck to lose, though.

I think the best team is whomever wins. Past winners don't predict who is the best team in a given year. If it did we would have won 6 in a row last year.

marty 4 hart*

Its a Canadian game. All the best players in the world are from Canada. Canada usually win the gold. Canada is the best. Not the US, not Sweden, not Russia. Canada is the best. And we will win the gold. We always do.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Also is their any doubt that Schenn is the best player in this tournament.

I gotta admit,last year I taught he sucked but hes been Canadas best player this year

Ya we really need players that can dominate against Norway and the Czech. He made a great play for his assist but was largely invisible throughout the game.

saillias

Sep 6, 2004
Calgary
That is completely irrelevant in the context of your original statement about Canada's talent drying up.

Try again sport.

Couturier is the only 18 year old on the team and he's not an impact player.

I think there is a minor decline of Canadian top end talent in the 2011 entry draft.

Scottrockztheworld*

Yea for the 2nd time in the preliminary round in.... what did they say 30 games?

USA - 1 Gold Medal since 2005

Canada - 5 Gold Medals since 2005

You decide who is the best nation.

The Big Swede*

Ya we really need players that can dominate against Norway and the Czech. He made a great play for his assist but was largely invisible throughout the game.

I guess you must have missed the goal he scored to give us the lead

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Reading comments I get the feeling most Canadian fans think "this was just a group game, whatever". But we all know, had Canada won this game it would be totally different and it would suddenly become the most important game in the tournament.

Does this feel like the gold medal game to Sweden fans? That is cute, but it is a bigger win for Sweden than it is a loss for Canada.

Burr14

Apr 30, 2010
As usual, you're wrong. Though, I haven't seen a single post where you aren't wrong so I don't know why I'm surprised. We didn't have our 4 best players.

Are Canada the best junior team in the world right now? Probably, but it's not like they're sure to win 10 games out of 10 against us even with their best players.

If Lehner hadn't been useless, this game could've ended 5-1.

For someone complaining about people making dumb statements, that's a pretty dumb thing to write.

icing

Jun 22, 2003
Sweden
In Swedish culture, yeah, you're right :handclap:

Well, i believe in every culture, except in Canada when Canada lose.

A question? Why play 82 games that means nothing? What a life. 82 worthless games and then you might be out in four "real" games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00