GDT: Group B • Dec. 31 • Canada 5, Sweden 6 (SO) • Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

saillias

Sep 6, 2004
Calgary
Canada's D and goaltending is not up to par with previous gold medal winners.

Fail.

Uh, if anything, this year is more talented than most since many of the top eligible players are all playing in the NHL.

One word fad responses are not adequate discussion starters. Try again.

Swedish players who are also eligible: OEL, Hedman, Rundblad, MPS.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
quoted for truth

if canada had all the returnies they could have they would pimp slap everyone

Now now, it's true that Canada has some pretty damn good kids in the NHL instead of in this team right now, but names are names and teams are teams (as Finland proves year after year). And other countries have good players away too. I think people should stop bringing stuff like that up all the time to belittle other teams' efforts (and this behaviour certainly includes Swedes too when we play other countries).

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
:laugh: Yep, because failing to win a round-robin game in the WJC is a clear sign a player is a bust. Never mind that they beat out every other U20 goalie in Canada to get there, or that they're one of the best in their respective leagues.

Some people take losing in this thing far too seriously, and their reactions are both priceless and childish.

You mean to tell me that at 19 years old you can't declare a bust yet? WTF? I'm not buyin' it! :sarcasm:

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
I like how every time Canada loses, the Canadians on this board all have to reassure everyone that they are still the best in the world. We know this..

But we are missing this and this and this player... so predictable. Relax guys you will still win gold, the US isn't that good either and no way in hell Sweden will beat you guys twice.

TheSituation

Dec 26, 2007
New York City
I always thought it was for the U19 players... no matter what your skill level... because some guys have been good enough for the NHL but get sent back to play. Im just saying if fans laughing at Canada want a real chuckle they should think about how their teams would be doing if the players I mentioned weren't so important to their NHL teams & were playing for Canada. The guy that mentioned "Canada's prospect pool may be slowing down" obviously doesn't realize these things.
Making excuses already, eh?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

That is completely irrelevant in the context of your original statement about Canada's talent drying up.

Try again sport.

BruceOp

Dec 8, 2004
Schenn: "The Real tournament starts now..."

Have fun with your Shootout Win, Sweden, we'll see you guys later.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB

Rundblad isn't, the other 3 are though. But they are not on the level of guys like Kane, Hall, Duchene, Skinner, O'Reilly, etc.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Important to remember after this. Sweden had their best players, Canada didnt.

As usual, you're wrong. Though, I haven't seen a single post where you aren't wrong so I don't know why I'm surprised. We didn't have our 4 best players.

Are Canada the best junior team in the world right now? Probably, but it's not like they're sure to win 10 games out of 10 against us even with their best players.

If Lehner hadn't been useless, this game could've ended 5-1.

Meganuck*

so those 4 swedes would make a bigger difference than Hall, Kane, O'Reilly, Duchene, Seguin or Skinner?

Thepainter

Feb 9, 2010
Bay Area, California
The best part of this all is watching the Canadian posters make excuse, after excuse, after excuse on why they lost. This is typical every year, they can't stand the fact that they lost at "their" sport.

Seriously, give it up guys. I can't wait to hear the reasoning on why the US beat the crap out of you when it happens.

Going to be good stuff to read.

Tumsh

Jun 26, 2007
Important to remember after this. Sweden had their best players, Canada didnt.

Almost, right?
MSP, OEL? I don't know which they are, but I think Sweden has 3 or so players in the NHL too. Of course, not as many as the Canadians do, but still. Someone know exactly who these Swedes are?

The Big Swede*

Also is their any doubt that Schenn is the best player in this tournament.

I gotta admit,last year I taught he sucked but hes been Canadas best player this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad