GDT: Group B • Dec. 31 • Canada 3, United States 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruizer99

Oct 27, 2011
Vancouver
Can someone refresh my memory on why some goalies are wearing cats eye cages and some wear the bird cage style. Whatever the rule I dont understand how players can play with a half shield but they make a goalie wear a bird cage.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Won't happen, Canada has bigger games to play this tournament the U S doesn't. I'd be very surprised if Canada took this game seriously enough to jeopardize the rest of the Tournament. The U S will be going all out this will be their biggest moment, Canada not so much.

I am sure the coaching staff is telling the team, ad nauseum, to play hard but smart and NO stupid hits or penalties.

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
Prediction:

Close start,

Canada steps on gas and pulls away (Don hay is coach),

Chippy ending to the game once game gets out of reach.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I sincerely doubt that the US will goon it up. The team is filled with 3rd line quality guys that aren't cheap. I'd be embarrassed if they intentionally took out Canadian players.

To be honest, I don't think they can even keep up with the Canadian players to actively attempt to hurt them.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Unfortunatley a New Years game without a ton of meaning. Too bad, its been real exciting the last few years.
As a London Knight season tic holder I guess Ill jsut focus on Harrington and Tinordi. Thyeve both been steady for their respective teams. Tinordi being one of the best for the undermanned USA defence and HArrington enjoying a coming out party of sorts. Hopefully he can continue the steady play and impressing fans, many of whom musta been asking who?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I sincerely doubt that the US will goon it up. The team is filled with 3rd line quality guys that aren't cheap. I'd be embarrassed if they intentionally took out Canadian players.

To be honest, I don't think they can even keep up with the Canadian players to actively attempt to hurt them.

Oh, they can keep up with them. Physicality, size, and speed isn't an issue with this team. Cohesiveness and execution apparently is.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Regardless of the outcome, I'm not forgiving Blais for this team he has put together...

Well, it wasn't just Blais. There's an advisory commitee that has it's fair share as well. I'm more surprised that Blais wasn't able to instill a bit more drive or fire in this bunch. They seemed pretty listless for much of the tourney.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
he did not chose a player for the penalty shot he was trying to get them to allow him to.

He could have used any player on the roster. If he wanted to switch he could have. If the refs didn't allow him to switch they blew it big time.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

This is the most relaxed I have been going into a Canada-U.S. game in over a decade. A guy could get use to this.

The U.S. team should finish out of the playoffs every year. ;)

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Canada will have a very tough time tonight IMO. They will be facing a very angry and focused American team and Canada may come out flat with the birth in the semi final already clinched. 7-3 USA the final.

This will be a very physical and chippy game as well.

The floodgates have certainly opened! Predictions are still flying out like no tomorrow! ;)

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

The floodgates have certainly opened! Predictions are still flying out like no tomorrow! ;)

With his most recent picks...

Czech, Russian and Canadian fans are celebrating like it's New Years Eve!

:)

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Actually... this is a very important game for one player.

Scott Wedgewood.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Scott Wedgewood.

Actually, really good point! I never thought about that.

We need him feeling like he can take on the world.

WindsorGirl

Sep 10, 2011

Scott Wedgewood.

I have no doubt that Scott will rise to whatever occasion presents itself tonight. If the US team comes out with guns a blazing and finds their offensive game, he is definitely the man to have in net. I will never forget his amazing performance in 2010 in the 2nd round of the OHL playoffs. The entire playoffs before, he was the backup to Matt Hackett. After Hackett was suspended for 5 games, and with his Plymouth team down 3 games to none, and staring elimination in the face, he was other-worldly. He faced 73, yes 73 shots from that absolute powerhouse Windsor team. If not for him, the score in the 4th game would probably have been 10 - 1, not the 2-1 overtime loss that it ended up being. Even the most die-hard Windsor fans were amazed, stunned, extremely impressed with his performance.

I am sure that Scott will be fine - no, more than fine, he will be fabulous.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Fair enough. I could see that.

If that becomes the case, the Canadian players better walk away. Take one for the team.

I'd really be disappointed in the US going down that road. It would really be sour grapes on their part and just ending a miserable tournament on a terrible note.

littleD

As a Canadian looking for something to watch tonight, I would love to see the Americans play the ultimate heel role tonight.

I mean, I don't want to see anyone get injured. Just make the Canadian players make decisions, and maybe get one or two to make a bad decision.

Just for the fun of it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad